valentines day: the floral, greeting and candy trilateral commission wins again

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by lostminty, Feb 14, 2009.

1. lostminty

lostminty Member

they make soo much money.

BUT

how much money do they make off birthday? FAR more I bet.

2. easygoing

easygoing conservative jerk

The floral, greeting, and candy trilateral commission is nothing more than a organized crime family and they make a killing in the marketplace, that's why they call it the St.Valentines Day massacre. :reddevil:

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I couldnt disagree more....for obvious reasons using cloth diapers is better for the enviroment...I am so sick of people not being able to handle their own childrens poop and choosing instead to buy pampers...i want to stab those people

4. easygoing

Say what:confused:

5. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

hahaha

6. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

there's this great restaurant back in Kansas City that serves pretty good veal.
    I had veal in New York once in a weird little backpocket of an italian restaurant. The pasta was good, but the veal was kinda funky.

7. easygoing

Yeah, the veil sucked and the pasta was'nt really all that good either, but the mac and cheese was finger lick'in good.

8. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Nope, Valentine's Day is the biggest day of the year in the flower industry, followed by Mother's Day and Christmas.
    My grandmother owns a flower shop and I've worked there for about 9 years now.
    For those of you who say we make a "killing", I'd like to tell you that aside from those few holidays, and the occasional wedding/funeral, most of the time the shop is closed because we can't afford to run it 365 days a year. In fact, we almost went under quite a few times.
    Of course, I'm not actually in that job for the money. I simply enjoy working with flowers and creating something beautiful with my hands. That's why my grandmother does it, and why everyone that works with us does it (because trust me, the hourly wage is nothing to drool over).