USA's Future?? (given the BS of the recent past)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by erofant, Dec 31, 2021.

1. erofant

erofant Members

Well - as 2021 closes, and I've read some recent news articles - I'll ask, "Where do you good folks think we're headed in 2022 and beyond??"

Let me set the stage .....

A certain MTG has openly stated that she's in favor of a "national divorce" to separate red & blue states / people. This shipping barge of knowledge and "patriotism" also said any Democrats who move to "red states" must pay extra taxes for their "sins" and not be allowed to vote until they go through an undetermined period of time to "cool off."

Jim Jordan and a number of GOP fascists are NOW spreading the story that Covid boosters don't work. That oozing of fictitious drivel will be - and has already been - consumed heartily by much the same crowd that a few years ago was ACTIVELY searching for vaccines to protect them against ........... zombies. The Walking Dead tv show had them convinced of a real "zombie apocalypse." Many of the "zombie-phobes" are already dead from a REAL, TRUE danger that has killed over 830,000 Americans. But hey ........... better to listen to politicians who - as we all know - are PILLARS of truth, decency, and scientific / medical knowledge. ( WHY is it that politicians are at the bottom of the public's trust / respect polls again & again & again?????? )

T**** and his loyal LEMMINGS are S-T-I-L-L trying to spread THE BIG LIE .......... and many American DOLTS are S-T-I-L-L sucking down the poisonous, fascist ooze of LIES as fast as they can lap it up.

Private militias are arming themselves for the second civil war they so eagerly want.

73% of Republican citizens polled recently say they WANT an armed conflict, because they see armed violence as the only way to "take back" (???) the country. Take it back from what ...... Democracy????

New Jim Crow and voter suppression laws are being put in place by THE REPUBLICAN PARTY to cheat in future elections so they can't lose. Gerrymandering of voting districts is RAMPANT, and the purpose (for those who don't know or understand) is to shut out and/or minimize voters who aren't Republican. That way Republican politicians will win those districts, who'll then take even further steps to assure they never lose elections again. In many states with REPUBLICAN-CONTROLLED STATE HOUSES, they've already created partisan REPUBLICAN election committees that will oversee, count, and determine WHO can vote and who can't. No outside, independent eyes are allowed to see the vote counting ........ and that's the way THE REPUBLICAN PARTY designed those election committees. (The "party" that claims it has nothing to hide ........ apparently does ......... and wants it to continue.)

Ballot drop box numbers have been greatly reduced in voting districts where larger populations of Democratic voters live. That forces voters to drive many miles to drop an early ballot - or in case of pandemic - a ballot they fill out to avoid contact with large numbers of voters.

THE REPUBLICAN PARTY
    in many states have restricted voting by mail to a small set of circumstances - thereby making voting for older Americans much tougher. The older Americans are the generation that fought in WW II to save the world from fascism - the cancerous plague that's invaded the U.S.A. to the shoulder-shrugs of many of its citizens. ("Oh ...... it'll never happen HERE." ) It's happening as you read this.

Anyone want to try cheering me up??????????????

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

stormountainman likes this.
  3. erofant

erofant Members

Zen -
    I like the sentence at the end of the section where "The Early Churchills" is quoted.
    ".......... we should be able to learn from these recurring situations, these patterns of events and parallels of conduct, not to make comparable mistakes."

It seems we humans keep making the same idiotic mistakes over and over and over and over again throughout time. We seek easy answers to complex questions/situations in different ages. When some figure appears who promises "good times for all" - we allow them (by whatever means) - to attain ultimate power to "deliver the goods" for us. Then, after having attained ultimate power, that "savior" individual sees that he can use that power to enrich himself and preserve his power position for his life's duration - possibly passing on that wealth and power to his heirs.

Seeing the self-serving moves made by the "savior" individual, and the complete LACK of promised " good times / benefits for all", the masses turn to violence & upheaval of that regime / system of government ...... usually to chants of "never again." New attempts are made to secure freedom and some form of democracy to avoid a repeat of past abuses by the "savior individual's " greed and lust for unending, ultimate power. But humans have short memories it seems. Precautions & legal provisions are not cemented into permanence, and secured with EDUCATION of those masses of past evils so as to prevent them from recurring. When the masses eventually don't get the sought-after "good, prosperous times" - and desperation once again sets in - another "savior individual" appears on the horizon. The seeking of quick, easy answers to societal problems comes to the fore again. "Savior individual" offers easy answers.

Rinse and repeat ............ rinse and repeat ............. rinse and repeat .............

4. ~Zen~

You are correct!

They simply do not teach anything close to history or civics, nor social studies in school anymore. They were required courses when I was in elementary school!

5. erofant

erofant Members

And WHICH POLITICAL PARTY in the U.S. is trying every means to get true history and civics taken out of schools entirely?? They aren't even hiding it anymore - they speak it openly. They want to alter school curriculums so kids are taught only what they want taught - not true, factual things.

6. erofant

erofant Members

I should have quoted you in my post #5 above!! ^^^^

stormountainman and ~Zen~ like this.
  7. ~Zen~

Fucking conservatives.

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  8. erofant

erofant Members

I want TRUTH - FACTUAL TRUTH - no matter which party it comes from, or which it affects. As it is today - THE REPUBLICAN PARTY in the U.S. is trying desperately to re-write history and block factual knowledge (civics especially) that may not work to their favor politically. How can anything endure based on lies??

Tishomingo, scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Can't say I understand this.
    Something about the end of reality at the zero date?

10. MeAgain

Seems to me that we are reaching a point similar to the events before the civil war except this time the fraction is between those who follow science and facts and those who follow memes, wishful thinking, and chaos.

The civil war was a war between the agricultural south and the industrial north and so was geographical and it was between the first wave production of agricultural society and the new second wave adaptation of society to the production of the industrial age. As explained in The Third Wave by Alvin Toffler, 1980.
    This time we see a war about information, not production. As such it is not geographical alone and so I believe much more dangerous.

(I think I need to reread Toffler)

erofant, scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  11. ~Zen~

It is more about chaos vs 'normalcy.'

Very complicated I agree.

Studying the timeline of the past you can see swings in different directions coinciding with major wars, plagues, revolutions, etc.

As the 20th century wore on, things became less 'normal' and more chaotic. I don't know anyone who would not think so... except a younger person perhaps.

At the end of this timeline normality seems to have disappeared and chaos reigns.

Not sure where this goes in the future, as they guys who created this are dead.

erofant, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  12. MeAgain

I wouldn't say conservatives, I would say Trump supporters.
    I was listening to John Kasich, who I would classify as a conservative Republican, and he is very alarmed about Trump and the Republican party.
    I don't agree with many of his political views and policy ideas, but I have a growing respect for his integrity.
    There are a few conservatives in his likeness.

stormountainman and ~Zen~ like this.
  13. ~Zen~

Yes, the Republicans have forgotten where they came from.

erofant, stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  14. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Sometimes I think they just claim to be conservative but are something other than conservative, maybe fanatical?

erofant, Tishomingo, MeAgain and 2 others like this.
  15. ~Zen~

Seems to be a fine line between fanatic and conservative... either way they just won't shut the F up!

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  16. stormountainman

Trump's pal Peter Navarro is now saying they didn't do anything wrong, just tried to overthrow the government?????

17. ~Zen~

Ha that's FUNNY!

18. stormountainman

If The Democrats don't get a solid grip on these problems, like full control of nut case militias and assault rifles, then next time we'll have a civil war. The reports I saw tell people with guns were on the sidelines last January 6th. Also, Senate Democrats need to reform the filibuster and pass voter protection which remedy the new abusive restriction which states like Texas have enacted since the last election. If the Republicans can close voting locations and turn away voters just because someone does not like the way they signed voter registration cards, then Democrats should become pro-active and question Republican voters for illegal methods. In the last election for president, Republicans voted multiple times. Fraud among Republicans was much more obvious than among Democrats.

19. ~Zen~

It seems odd to me that an entire political party could be swayed by such an obvious con man as Trump.

They have bought into his lies in a desperate attempt to control everything and everyone's lives and thoughts.

stormountainman, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  20. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

nobody knows the future. Anything could happen. A million scenarios. The robber barons from around 1900...I think, in today's dollars one of those guys was worth $500 billion. They had huge power, ran the country. They all went down. Criminality is disorder. It rarely has lasting power.

In you go into history with all the major empires...Egypt, Rome, China...they all experienced full blown progressive revolts. Generally something like 3 - 5 generations of building corruption, followed by 1 or 2 generations of revolt and reform. That pattern has been going on for thousands of years.

I don't see what is going on now as something new, different and outside of that. Same old story, greedy people trying to grab as much power, wealth for themselves, and stepping on everyone's throats in the process. It holds for a bit of time...but not usually that long.

Hitler had real power for what? Maybe 12 years? Stalin and the Soviet Union held on for quite a long time...

But you always have the building pressure of people yearning for freedom. It really can't be stopped. Even the Roman emperors were terrified of public opinion. One time they were staging some games in Rome...and back then, just like today, the fans were nuts. And the Roman authorities were worried the fans would riot and take over the city.

Ultimately, the millions always hold the power. It can get suppressed for a bit, but only a bit...and then it comes roaring back.

Something like 20 years ago, there were a lot of evictions. And they were really unjust ones, I forget the details. And the police in one town, just decided to stop enforcing the evictions. And it was spreading. That one thing could have become a national police revolt against messing with the public.

And if national law enforcement decided they had enough...that alone would end it all. And we've already been close to that a few times.

The bravado of evil is that it can't be conquered or can't just simply fade away. But it can and it has and there are endless examples of it happening in history, even with extremely powerful regimes.

Anything is possible.

Never worth giving up hope.

scratcho and FritzDaKatx2 like this.