U.S.A. History

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by royedward, May 11, 2017.

1. royedward

royedward Members

Name the worst american attack of all times you know?

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Probably the atomic bombs dropped on Japan. You can argue the reasons behind it but as far as death toll and giving the world a new form of war we still fear to this day it has to be the worst.

~Zen~, scratcho, Scarecrow13 and 2 others like this.
  3. sekyer

sekyer Members

I would have to agree with the above.... Dropping the bomb on hiroshima and Nagasaki...
    Also, the cruel ways we killed the American Indians... ie... smallpox infected blankets...

4. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

What do you mean by worst?

The most effective? That is, the one where we killed the most enemy combatants?

Or the attack that was the worst as far as strategy or tactics were concerned? That is, in a military science regard?

Or...perhaps you mean the most unjustified attack on another peoples that the US has ever waged?

Or worst as far as the casualties we took during said attack?

Let me know what you mean by worst and I'll give you my opinion.

Thanks.

And, as always............Cheers.

wrat1 likes this.
  5. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Ironically, this nukes dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki actually saved lives.

Estimates on the death tolls from both sides had we been forced to do an invasion on the Japanese Mainland run into the hundreds of thousands. Nearing perhaps a million!

The two bombs killed about 300,000. Thus saving upwards of half a million or so lives.

Besides, we'd been fire bombing Japanese cities from Carrier and Philippines based planes for weeks. In those attacks themselves more were killed than Fat Man and Little Boy killed. And still, the Japanese would not surrender.

They'd been instructed to fight to the death in a land invasion. Including women and children. There is little doubt they would've done so. Given their inherent warrior and death before dishonor mindset.

I think our fire bombing of Dresden Germany was worse than the Japan nukes.

There was no justification from what I can see for that. Dresden was not a military city at all. It was an arts and culture city. And for all intents and purposes the war was already over.

Read Kurt Vonnegut's great book, Slaughterhouse Five for an amazing story on that.

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Forced to invade another countries lands? :D

I like that.

wilsjane likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The worst crime the US of A ever committed was on its own people when MacDonalds and KFC went into business. :D

Who needs wars and powerful bombs when they can just kill you with food?

~Zen~, wilsjane, scratcho and 2 others like this.
  8. Scratched

Scratched Members

So that's what's wrong with me...two of my favorite places are plotting to feed me to death.

Lol :) I guess it's not quite as fun as being sex'd to death, but I'll be happy I guess.

take a KFC biscuit, open in half, and pour gravy judiciously on it. Add salt and pepper and you have a Hoosier Delicacy!

1 person likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Clearly dropping an atomic bomb on a city full of civilians is in the top 3. It's understandable americans try to justify it: after all most of them grew up with this idea their country only goes to war to save other people.

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  10. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Would have to guess it was Gen. Arthur St.Clairs expedition against Miami, in Ohio, in the Northeast Indian War.

They were routed by an Indian coalition led by Little Turtle and Blue Jacket and supplied with weapons by The British.

Twas during the Napoleanc Wars.

11. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

American president Millard Fillmore using gunboat diplomacy to force the opening of Japanese ports to American trade, by sending a fleet of warships commanded by United States Navy Commodore Matthew Perry, in 1852.

The Convention of Kanagawa, signed under threat of force, effectively meant the end of Japan’s 220-year-old policy of national seclusion, by opening the ports of Shimoda and Hakodate to American vessels. Foreign trade till then was maintained only with the Dutch and the Chinese and was conducted exclusively at Nagasaki under a strict government monopoly due to fears of threat of western colonialism.

The forced treaty was perceived as a national humiliation, and planted the seeds of the imperial Japanese empire and the second world war.

This American attack did not kill anyone, but it lead to a major disaster for America and the world later on leading to millions of deaths.

In retrospect, America could have perhaps opted for more diplomatic means and dialogue between them patiently, to promote mutual understanding and to allay the Japanese fears to open up trade between them. In a best case scenario, this could have lead to Japan being an firm ally and trading partner of the Americans later on, without any of the wars or bloodshed, and both countries could have benefited themselves economically and culturally.

~Zen~ likes this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

indigenous genocide.

~Zen~ likes this.
  13. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Seems to me the attempted Genocide of the 'home' Nations Natives - because of a foreign, religious and avarice of both individual and corporate greed is up there with the dropping of Atomic weapons upon another Nations people

~Zen~ likes this.
  14. Into the Toilet

Into the Toilet Members

Hard, very hard.

The first one would be the Indigenous genocide, was the biggest genocide in the history of the planet, estimated 9 million natives died.

This is my first pick because people don't think that's something recent but there leaders though it was, that's why they made those Hollywood propaganda movies trying to brainwash everyone expressing the stereotype of the natives as a brutal killing of white people. Recommend to watch this Marlon Brando clip, he was one of the first individuals that stand against this imposture.

The second one would be, in my personal opinion, the Al Majalah camp attack on December 17, 2009 which killed 250 people, all civilians including pregnant women's and 4 years old children's.

Recommend deeply to watch this clip, was one of the things that marked me as a person, will never forget. I can say it changed my life.

This is my second pick because is a new revolution on what Americans could do. Was the first attack that the general public knew, that the Americans attacked a county on which they had no declared war. Was enlightening to what Americans could now do all around the globe, do terrorist attacks while the puppet governments of those country's reclaim responsibility.

~Zen~ likes this.
  15. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Trail of Tears has got to be up there...

~Zen~ and roccobkln like this.
  16. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I was thinking about the Sand Creek Massacre in eastern Colorado when the Americans butchered a bunch of Arapaho and Cheyenne and they cut out the women's private parts to decorate saddles on horse backs. But, Mei Lai massacre in Viet Nam has to be a close second.

~Zen~ and roccobkln like this.
  17. Noserider

That's twisted. It's amazing what humans are capable of when they feel vindicated and justified.

~Zen~ likes this.
  18. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

It's even more twisted the more recent instances like this occur.
    One could understand; although certainly nor justify, events that took place decades/centuries ago - because of the so called, lack of education.
    The fact that we believe ourselves much more civilised these days, seems very much a contradiction

~Zen~ likes this.
  19. Noserider

[​IMG]

https://www.good.is/articles/closer-to-peace-than-ever

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2014/12/the_world_is_not_falling_apart_the_trend_lines_reveal_an_increasingly_peaceful.html

https://ourworldindata.org/slides/war-and-violence/#/title-slide

Tags: