Update!!!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by hellodreadhead, Feb 18, 2009.

1. hellodreadhead

hellodreadhead Beta as fuck

Hello you lot! Here's an update of my dreads. They're 13 months old tomorrow! They also have a new colour Yayy!!!!

Missed you all so much! Any goss while I've been M.I.A??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hellodreadhead

[​IMG]

I don't have diseased lips. Just got a nasty cold. *pleh* *pleh*

Here's my new wrap made by Chopstix Waite @Etsy. Ignore the Xbox geek in the background or feel free to point and laugh :D

[​IMG]

3. Merrivale

Merrivale Senior Member

Looking great, nice to see you back again! What is your natural hair colour anyway, Weren't they bleached before? Glad to see you still have your freaky sigpic....

4. hellodreadhead

Hello you! Yeah they were bleached. This is a astupid story right but I was sick of the bleach so I thought I'll die it to my natural colour which is mouse coloured. Found the EXACT shade in Superdrug dyed it and it came out the colour you see now. I hated it but now I kinda like it.

My sig is awesome and you know it :p

5. phen

phen Member

love the thickness! welcome back :)

6. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

jajaja welcome!! mew x x x your dreads are looking ace. and geeez I know that feeling of going from blond to brown, I think it's quite a shock to the system or something! they are looking great and I loveee your new headband thing <3 pretty. Do you think yours have shrunk a lot? they still look long

7. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

Yaya there you are! Your dreads are so amazing and thick! I dig the natural lookin color. Dreadtastic! By the way i am pointing and laughing at the x box geek in the background....its making typing rather difficult. =]

8. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Hey, hellodreadhead, do you have much dread bleaching experience? My roots are coming up for their first bleaching since I've had dreads. Any tips?

9. hellodreadhead

Thanks you guys!!! Glad to be back! Yeah Luxie, they've proper shrunk. When I started my dreads my hair was half way down my back and now they're a little way past my shoulders. Arggh I was heart broken when the colour came out like this I wrote a very angry letter to Clairol saying they were shit. They replied with some crap like

"Sorry, Our colours should be used as a GUIDE only and don't necessarily reflect the true shade."

NO shit! I demanded a refund all they offered me was a lousy £2 off voucher

Don't ever buy Clairol Nice n Easy dyes whatever you get will not be the right shade and it'll not be a "Nice and Easy" experience.

10. hellodreadhead

HAHAHA Mandy he's a LOSER isn't he?! He doesn't know that pic is up! Missseed you!! Hi Amy bird belated welcome to the forums! I'll send you a Visitor pm about bleaches

11. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Thank-you! :) I think there's a fairly recent bleaching thread on here....you could put it there and benefit everyone maybe? The one piece of advice I'm not open to is "don't bleach" lol ;)

:)

12. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

Wow hdh, its like deja vu with that xbox geek, I am sitting beside one as we speak...

oh and welcome back!

13. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

Amy, I just bleach roots like normal. thats it. your hair is still hair right? it just takes a little more effort to rinse. and deal with the smell a few days longer but thats it.

14. hellodreadhead

LOL I ended up pm'ing you before I read that message my bad! Thanks for the WB Tannaleigh. I'm sorry to hear of your baby's illnesses he's gorgeous

15. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

no no no no. i hated that stuff when i used it >=[ it ran everywhere, it hurt, it didnt come the proper colour.. just rubbish

16. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Yeah I think it might have been Clairol I used a few years back when I couldn't find my usual bleach brand and ended up dissolving half my hair :mad: grr.

I'm just being extra-scared that if a leave one molecule of bleach in my dreads they'll all drop off! :eek:

17. hellodreadhead

LOL Amy don't be worried

18. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

I wouldn't be worried. Its the hair salon kind that can make your hair fall off. The stuff you use at home "generally" should be safe enough for nitwits to use. I think you're safe especially if you are being overly cautious.

19. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

yeah, home kits are usually less dangerous/risky that salon stuff, otherwise they wouldnt be allowed to sell it so freely

20. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Think I'm mostly just worried about not rinsing well enough...been bleaching and dying the life out of my hair for 10 or so years now, and I know it's always fine if done well. Having my dreads all fall off would be scary though!
    I know this isn't the place for it so I won't post the pic, but it's in my albums...the dye job I did for my wedding day I was quite proud of. Managed to keep the colour nice and subtle even though I had to do it all a few days before so there'd be no roots. Usually the pink is so harsh when it's just newly done.

Ok..enough derailing!!! Sorry hellodreadhead :) Your dreads rock, obviously :)