Update on my outdoor

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by Nath0rigin, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Nath0rigin

Nath0rigin Guest

First time grower here, germinated 4 seeds in mid-march, one didn't survive. Here's what the other three have been up to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Hey pic 3 is that a dangerous guard cat?. Nice planting kinda blends in.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

pretty nice ...

4. Nath0rigin

Nath0rigin Guest

The only thing this cat is guarding is her right to chill out, bless her :). Miss Jane has been growing a lot more then I thought it would, these plants are huge, never thought they would easily outgrow tomato plants, but here we are, I reckon two more months till she starts her final phase. Any one with experience that has any idea how much two plants in the first picture will yield?

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I am impressed and amazed.
    There appears to be good sun (which even I know is always a plus for this wonderful plant), it's behind the house and like Rock said...it just blends in.
    I have no idea whatsoever about your yield. I know it took me germinating about 25-30 seeds to get 3 plants going, and they sure aren't anything like what you got. (Of course I finally caught my biggest initial problem - the evil slug.)

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

are they sexed?

and if they started in mid march they will be finished in 2 months or damn near.. ..not starting the flowering phase...they will be flowering within 2 weeks

yield is impossible to tell yet...sometimes big plants dont produce big buds...just lotsa small ones....you should be hitting them with bloom nutes NOW

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

if they arent sexed

the tall one in the bottom pic could be the boy

8. broony

broony Banned

Lol the cat looks like it got an early sample.

9. Nath0rigin

Nath0rigin Guest

They are 100% feminized seeds. Flowering within two weeks? I figured they would flower when the days get shorter. I'm not "Hitting" them with any flowering nutes. I've been giving them an organic N-P-K mixture, nothing too strong, throughout their vegetative phase, and figure I'll continue doing so. We've been having some heady winds, so I attached their stems to a pole in the ground, which seems to be doing the job.

10. mckarkies

mckarkies Member

Natural is the way to go. Such a better taste.

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

there is no such thing as 100 per cent feminized seeds...if there was they would be called..100 percent FEMALE seeds

dont get me wrong..they are gorgeous plants..i hope they are all 7 pound monsters..

have YOU sexed them?

12. Nath0rigin

Nath0rigin Guest

The seeds I bought are from a well known brand called "Sensi Seeds", in Amsterdam. They had a variety of prices and strains. Bags with unknown gender seeds are less expensive then the female ones. Although this is my first grow, growing weed is a well-known thing in my direct surroundings, and getting female seeds isn't that difficult, though they come with a higher price-tag.

13. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

+1
    Check out some of the other forums and dairy's fem seeds are well known for going hermie or just being no better then 50/50 especially for the new growers.

14. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I've been told that one could purchase feminine seeds, but they are not cheap (again, supposedly)...and Nath, are you really from the Netherlands? I thought it would be cold this time of year; but, no..huh.

15. Nath0rigin

Nath0rigin Guest

No it's not to cold here, we had about 2-3 weeks over very nice weather, that' s when these girls started flourishing, now it's been mostly cloudy, but not bad temperature wise. We've been getting pleasantly temperatured winds.

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i am asking if the plants have pre flowers yet and have you identified them as female?

those plants all look like they have alternating nodes which means they are sexually mature and should have preflowers....its killing me to not know lol

take a close up pic of the crook of the main stalk and a main branch near the top

17. Nath0rigin

Nath0rigin Guest

I just compared some preflowering male/female pictures, and I'm pretty sure these are females (might be visable on second picture even). I can make a new picture tomorrow, a bit of a close up, and post it.

18. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Picture #2 shows what I would identify as females...which I'm hoping that's right for my own sake, since that looks like what is growing on what I've been identifying as female.
    Definitely 2 of mine look like that, and can't really tell about #3 yet; but dreams die hard, and I do think she is she. And by looking like that I do not mean as thick nor as tall...but the top "buds" that I thought I could tell in Nath's #2 look the same. :)

19. Nath0rigin

Nath0rigin Guest

All three pictures are the same two plants from a different angle. The third plant is in the back, barely visable. They are smelling better then anything

I'll be rooting for you Lynn, hope they serve you well :).

20. tweet

tweet Member

Nice. I can't grow any that big where I live,pic 3 looks exactly like my cat