Upcycling

Discussion in 'Living on the Earth' started by Brkonthru2daothersid, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Brkonthru2daothersid

Brkonthru2daothersid Member

Anyone ever heard or done upcycling? If you dont know what Im talking about Upcycling is the practice of taking something that is disposable or that would end up in the trash and or landfill and transforming it into something of greater use and value. I know that etsy did a contest challenging all Etsy users to create an object to sell on Etsy that is comprised of materials that would have otherwise ended up in the trash or recycled. Its also been called Trashion=Fashion+Trash

If you want to know more about upcycling go to:
    http://www.etsy.com/search_results_tags.php?search_type=tags&search_query=upcycleBB

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i've heard of the hot trash fassion show. and i can remember a time when up-cycling was something people did all the time. nailing the lids of disposable jars to the underside of shelves out in the shop and using the jars to sort small objects into. many of todays flea market craft items that have become almost cleche' started out that way. like silver ware jewlry, and those glassess made out of old beverage bottles split in half with the neckes becoming the stemms and the bottem the glass on top of them.

never heard of etsy though. more intersted in practical engineering/immagineering and organiform architecture then so called fassion myself.

=^^=
    .../\...

3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Irminsul likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i have ridden my bike up a hill, but i can't say i'm a fan.

6-eyed shaman likes this.