university

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by shrimpgirl, May 29, 2004.

1. shrimpgirl

shrimpgirl Member

anyone going to uni in london this year? i'll be moving there (in a week!) and i don't know a soul.... (i introduced myself a little in Peace-Pheonix' thread)
    i'm looking forward to having so much to discover (London is so huge i can't get over it!) but it'd be nice to have a little company :)
    Anyone interested in meeting up?

peace,

-shrimpgirl

2. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

You didn't say what you were doing.

I'm in the process of applying. I've had an entrance exam and have an interview next week.

Hopefully going to be at the University of East London doing a BA in Social Work.

3. miabubble

miabubble Member

Which course are you applying for and where? I've applied to King's College to do Classics, so I'll be there. Theres tons of people in/near London from here though, and its really easy to get to anywhere from London so it should be a laugh and a half ;)

4. PinkMoon

PinkMoon Senior Member

well i was going to go to UCL to do european social and political studies with german but i think im taking a year out now... but next year ill be there!!

5. shrimpgirl

shrimpgirl Member

UCL is where i'm going :)
    i'm going to take anthropology
    i'm not that worried about making friends, i just thought it would be cool to meet some others from the hipforums

i found out three days ago that a friend of mine is going to Kings and we made a deal that we will invite eachother to the first party/night out we go to
    - i thought that was an excellent idea, a really good way to meet people

6. miabubble

miabubble Member

Hopefully see you there then. If i get in that is :confused:

7. SunshineLily

SunshineLily Member

I'm pretty close to London at times... PM me and we can arrange to meet up at some point next year or something.
    Love, Trust and Peace,
    Sunshine Lily
    xxx:)

8. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Serial killer!!! ;)

9. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

hehe am just m,oving out of london as your all moving in :D hehe but no fear m going to brighton uni, just a train ride away and u can all come dowen for bang up beach parties FLEASSY STYLE!!

10. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

i'm going to Westminster University next september. I'm planning to do a sociology degree. I'm not too bothered about being in a new place and not knowing anyone, it'll be fun to get to know new people. I'm really looking forward to it!!!:)

11. shrimpgirl

shrimpgirl Member

sounds cool :)
    so PM me if anyone wants to meet up, or all go crash fleasy's beach party together... hehe

12. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

haha you wont be crashing it. I swear right now on this moment that once im down there settled in there WILL be a hipforums weekend in brighton, i can not promise a place to stay ... but i can say that if worst comes to worst everyone can camp on the beach (and i'll prob camp with you) andi f we get mooved on HURRAH!!! tehehehehehe will be wikkid!! also.... apparently there is a nudist beach just down the shore AND a campsite quite close so it wont e hard to party at brighton at all. though i know where Giles, Jaycee, stardust and Kev will end up *cough nudist beach spluter* :p :p also if any of you are vsiting londond to look at your uni's this summer let me know and we can meet up :)

13. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

You lot are making me jealous that I'm not going to uni! Well, I have already been, but you know what I mean!! It's not easy meeting new people when you start work...everyone gets real boring as they get older, or really up their own arses.....

14. shrimpgirl

shrimpgirl Member

hey :)

just posting to revive this thread a little... i started it a couple of months ago, now "moving to london" is happening in less than a week! (i'm moving into the ucl dorm on monday)
    just wondered if any of you are still up for going for a drink or whatever, an excuse for meeting some fellow "hipforum-ites" living in london :)

peace
    -shrimpgirl