United States of Politics in 2018

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scratcho, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

More lies. Without their mythology of welfare queens to stir up the base, right wingers would have to manufacture new scapegoats to keep themselves in office.

unfocusedanakin and McFuddy like this.
  2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Well, when we put Harvey Weinstein and his kind in jail...we can start looking at the people who defecate on public property lol

I actually have a friend who I met online who is homeless. He is a meth addict and he lives in another state. He tells me that many homeless shelters in his area are dangerous. Rapes and theft go on. Maybe I’m naive, but that surprised me.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Every major corporation is a welfare queen. And neither party has a problem with it.

Then there's this

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Misdirection and a YouTube video. I guess your work here is done.

Okiefreak likes this.
  5. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I see both sides but it’s not really compassionate to enable people to stay addicts, or lost in homelessness. Some people may not be capable of a better life and I think government assistance to help them is essential but there are others who sort of want to stay in a victim status. My friend is like this. He has been in and out of jail, in mental health facilities and this all happened in his 20’s. He’s not mentally ill, in my opinion, he just feels that living in and out of the system is easier than changing. It’s sad but there’s nothing compassionate about keeping people down and handing them money. He has to get off meth and he struggles with it but no one can do that for him.

NotMyRealName likes this.
  6. Kerri

Kerri Members

This is dead on. Ironic too. The red states are by far the biggest recipients of public assistance. Virtually all red states receive more tax benefits than they pay in

Meliai likes this.
  7. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yep. Who's gonna turn them in? A homeless person turning in a homeless person for a crime?

Drugs and subsequent related addiction problems are HUGE problems in this country. Many become homeless from this. It truly is a sad situation. Somehow they make these choices. This is a big shift in this country in recent years.

8. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

9. Kerri

Kerri Members

10. 6-eyed shaman

There’s an old saying that goes a little something like this:

If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day.

If you give a man a welfare check, section 8 housing, and a crack pipe. He will vote progressive for life.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  11. 6-eyed shaman

Now that's a passive aggressive way of asking for a source, Melania ;)

The War on Poverty: 50 years of failure

12. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

In 64 the US population was 191 million. Now it's over 320 million. By throwing money at the problem instead of dealing with it in realistic terms, all we have done is magnify the problem. I was a baby in 64, but somehow, this is all my fault.

13. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

The point I am making is that white folks believe that they are the only ones that deserve government assistance.