Underworld Evolution

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by ihmurria, Jan 23, 2006.

1. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

anyone else seen it yet?

It was alright. I vastly prefer the first. It, well... story was too obvious too soon, it was just fight fight fight after the story itself was revealed...

2. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

Total crap. The first one wasn't great cinema, but it was slick and somewhat fresh, and the special effects were decent. The sequel loses everything that made the first one decent. The plot is convoluted and boring. The film looks like it was 100% done on a sound stage and filled in with bad CG. Kate Beckinsale is really the only actor who gets any decent lines, and there are so many MST3K moments that my friends and I spent most of the film laughing at inappropriate times. The werewolves that looked rather original in the first one, look like a bad 80s horror film in this one. Another somewhat promising franchise totally ruined.

3. Silly Angel

Silly Angel Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Eh, I liked it. So did everyone I went with. Sure it was somewhat predictable, but I still liked the story. I don't think it's meant to be suspenseful anyway. And I gotta say this: one of the best sex scenes I've seen in years.

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

ooooh no, I so disagree. I take issue with an incredibly hot woman in a sex scene with a really unattractive guy. BLECH. I mean, the chicka (whose name I always forget) was good in it, but, the guy, good lord no

5. Therefore...

Therefore... Antidentite

That's too bad to hear. I liked the first one, and I really liked the way they used actual puppets for the werewolves. But, I'll probably see this one. I'll just get blasted before I see it. Then it'll be fun.

6. ydnim

ydnim hiya

I liked it a lot, but I liked the first one. I liked that it picked up right after the first one because most sequels don't do that.

I thought the sex scene was awesome.

7. Silly Angel

Silly Angel Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Kate Beckinsale (sp?) is great, and I think Scott Speedman did a decent job in his role. Besides, who cares if they are hot or not, the scene was amazing either way. The camera angles, the sensuality. Especially since it was in the midst of so much violence. I liked the first movie a lot and I liked this one just as much.

8. Crimson

Crimson Member

I really enjoyed this movie.. it fills in some of the small plot holes the first one left.. and it goes more deeply into creation of Willam (the first werewolf) and Marcus (the first vampire).. i thought that the action was great and very well done.. and i dont care what any of you say the sex scene was awsome and tastefully done.. i cant wait for the third one (if they do it and i hope they do)

9. Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater Member

Not even close to as good as the first, but Kate is hot, so it was worth the money.