umbrella?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by seaweedyness, Jun 1, 2006.

1. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

when the rain pours down, do you whip out an umbrella?

I prefer not too, I love the rain :)

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Hell no, I try not to look faggy in the rain.

3. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

You talkin bout a lightning rod?

4. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

I walk in the rain waving my hands over my head like Tom Bombadil.[​IMG]

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I like to watch it rain, but prefer not to get soaked by it

6. Summer rain is so much fun to groove in, but in winter it's too cold...especially the aftermath, sitting in our cold flat with wet clothes you cant get dry.

So in winter, I have the gumboots and brolly look (it's an awesome, startlingly bright green umbrella)...it's a bit cumbersome but playing in puddles is great.

still, can't wait for summer to come again...

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i love rain. rarely do i use an umbrella. if i have my daughter and she feels the need to be dry or if i am dressed up for something i will use one.

8. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

I LOVE the rain...:D

9. logicalway

logicalway Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah depends on the temp outside...

Lightning storms are usually umbrella free so as not to block the view...depends on whether or not I'm trying to pull a Franklin.

10. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

If my kids are with me and we're out and about, I whip out the umbrella so that they don't get all soaked and uncomfortable, although when we're at home, they like to run outside in the rain and they have a blast.

Me, I've been known to dance in the rain. I gave my neighbors a show one summer day while I was out with my oldest son. Seriously, they sat on their front porch and were watching me as I danced around in my yard soaking wet, standing under the gutter letting rain water just shower me, not a care in the world. Although, the neighbors that were watching were males and I was wearing white. I think they were more interested in my skin showing than my carefree dancing! Oh well. My hubby was watching and after a while told me to get my butt back in the house. :p

11. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

No, I Prefer To Dance In The Rain!!!!!:D

12. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I love the rain, but rarely have an umbrella, which sucks when it's cold and raining.

13. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

I love the rain. I run, dance, jump in muddle puddles, and make out in the rain.

14. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

BTW, saw on Myth Busters that you get more wet if you run in the rain than if you walk. They theorized that you got more rain hitting you when running.
    Sure is raining here today!

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i love WATCHING rain and snow. usualy from inside of something where it's nice and warm and cozey.

as for wandering arround out in it, i don't really mind if i have to, but i don't usualy go out in it just because it's doing so and i can.

as for bumbershoots, the blessed things are damd near useless if there's any wind to speak of, which there almost always is, not to mention the minor little detail that it takes a hand to hold them leaving the use of one less to do anything else with, like both of them to carry things or one to carry and one to open doors with.

hats are more practical then umbrellas and 'hoodies' are more practical then hats.

a waterproof jacket, no heavier then neccessary, with a hood, is what i prefer to wear when i have to be out in percipitation. this works just fine and i can walk arround and do whatever else i need or want to just the same as if it wasn't storming at all.

i do like a good storm, i just usualy prefer not to HAVE to be out in it.

i have had outdoor jobs that i liked that had to go on storm or shine. almost wish i did now if i didn't have to live with anybody.

=^^=
    .../\...

16. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I don't even own an umbrella.. would be pretty pointless here coz it's always so windy. I don't mind though, I love rain.

17. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I dont need an umbrella.

18. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

i am a whussy umbrella girl...loved the rain as a kid...but these days it seems theres always somwehere to go when it rains and i cant get wet....i just CANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

yes! making out in the rain is AMAZING

20. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

She said umbrella, not parasol....