um...help?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by music-lover, Aug 24, 2005.

1. music-lover

music-lover Member

I'm starting at this school for arts this year...but i'm so different... and I have no idea what the people are going to be like there....and I won't know anyone... I dont really know if it just me panicing too much...and I;m just so confused about what to do....because I've always had problems with people in school...

2. jim_w

jim_w Member

Relax, be yourself and don't try to hard to make freinds.

3. Casperthesheet

Casperthesheet Member

If your are artsy and they are artsy I'm sure you will get along fine. Art people are good people.

4. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

Trust me you have nothing to worry about.

This September I will be starting in my 7th school so I can reasonably say I'm an expert in this field.

Whenever you're "the new kid" everyone loves you. Everyone else has known eachother for years and appriciate a bit of fresh blood. You don't have to TRY to make friends because potential friends practically throw themselves at you. They see you for who they see in front of them, not your history, and trust me that's a good thing. You can be whoever you like and as long as you aren't COMPLETELY up yourself about it, they will love you for it.

You won't have trouble finding friends at all, the bigger trouble is being careful with which friends you pick, after all it's not only the people who you would get along with really well that want you but some of the dodgier crowds as well.

Other than that, relax and have fun with it, it's a time of your life filled with potential which wears off pretty quickly.

Blessings

Sebbi

5. annabegins

annabegins Member

hey, if your different in an "artsy" way, most of your school-mates will find you interesting and intriguing. Its actually a good thing. I went to school with tie-dyed courdoroy pants and band shirts and even went through an all black phase and people wanted to get to know me. And after school, when i was the new girl at work, i would dye my hair to match my outfits and i would wear 60's and 70's vintage clothes and alot of foux fur (i'd even sew fur lining on the bottom of my bell bottoms) and wear flower halo's i made. so i was totaly "strange" and i was one of the most popular ppl there. dont worry at all. They'll want to get to know you and admire you for your creativity.

6. music-lover

music-lover Member

hehe, thats what i wear all teh time:p Bells and tie dye shirts and band shirts..... I dont have anything else anyway lol :S

7. annabegins

annabegins Member

just appear to be super confident. dont let anyone think that you are nervous at all. it works,. TRUST ME. hold your head up high.

8. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

That advice rings warning bells.

Don't appear to be anything - confidence is definately a good thing but just be yourself, even if that means you're shy as hell.

9. annabegins

annabegins Member

well, i suppose its different for everyone, im not a shy person, so it works for me. if someone is shy, and closes themselves up at first, than they appear to be unaproachable. im not saying to be someone different. im just saying to be approachable so that ppl CAN get to know you.

you know what i mean?

10. music-lover

music-lover Member

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! TODAY WAS SO COOL!!! THE PEOPLE THERE ARE SO GROOVY!!!

I met all these cool people and so it was all okay! My art teacher is so funny, he was being all quiet at first....then he started asking us these OBSENE questions like... "whats you favourite word" and things liek that...and then he goes "Okay well youre having a test on friday..." EVERYONE FROZE he says "you need to memorize your classmates' names...." so thats what my homework is.. :s apart from drawing and projects and things like that.....

I was humming "Here Comes the Sun" accidentally and this girl looks at me and she goes crazy on me like "OMG OMG OMG YOU LISTEN TO THE BEATLES!!! OMG OMG OMG!!"

well....yes...she failed to see the Led Zeppelin tee shirt.... but yes...she seems cool...

SO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!! you really have helped......

O and yes...confidence does help.... I'm a really outgoing person....but i'm not super HIGH of myself or anything...so that does help....

So yes...thank you very much for your help!!!

11. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Hey, it all comes down to confidence. Just believe that you're are fine the way you are, which you are. :) We are all different, imagine how terrible it would be if we were all the same. 2 George Bush's for example :eek: Be at peace with yourself, accept yourself and don't care about what strangers think. Because, at the end of the day, do you think they would lose sleep over you? No. So don't worry over them. Surround yourself with friends and ease yourself into this new situation. It'll come together. Have fun :D

12. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I knew it would be great, art schools especially are very easy to make friends in, it tends that students there are more open-minded. I was new to two schools like that and made friends much easier there than at the other schools I went to. Lucky you!

13. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

Sounds like you had it better than me then.

As the car pulled into college I was like "yeah, nothing to worry about, I've done this 6 times before I'm an expert."

I go into the common room and it just went downhill from there.

The teachers went on and on for ages "this is something new, sixthform is different to normal school" and all the time my heart was just thumping in my chest I was crapping myself about how these next two years are going to pan out.

As soon as I got into a lesson I was fine though.

Strange isn't it

Sebbi