UKhippy is down.......

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Irish Hippy, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish Hippy

Irish Hippy Member

2. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

You have been awarded:
    [​IMG]

3. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

If you wait a little while it will appear back soon

sometimes there is probs but im sure the mods/admin etc and fixing it

4. melyn

melyn Member

its been a few weeks since i was last online, i thought uk hippy had kicked me off at first :( ... i have now come to waste my time here while i wait for ukhippy to come back :D

5. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

Its not wasted time - you should go on both

It will be back sometimes something to do with the amount of people

They wont kick anyone off unless they have broken rules - as with this one

Try again in 1/2 hr or so x

6. Zim_Reborn

Zim_Reborn Member

7. Zim_Reborn

Zim_Reborn Member

silly billys forgot to pay thier url provider

8. Zim_Reborn

Zim_Reborn Member

It looks like it might be down for quite some time as nothing seems to be configured to that adress anymore which is a pity.

still on the brighter side it might get people to come back to these forums (i have a bit of a soft spot for the wallpaper)

9. jonathan_s

jonathan_s Member

I don't mean to cause any arguments here but this is just my opinion....In my view UKhippy wrecked the orginal UK hippy forum, as one of the members who has been floating around here since before (when the old forums went all well....dead) then we finally got back to our UK forum all settled down then eventually UKhippy came along and wrecked all that.

10. Zim_Reborn

Zim_Reborn Member

i wasnt around when this whole fiasco started. could somone please fill in the blanks so that i may understand this hipforums vs ukhippy war type thingamy doodad

11. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

Seems they forgot to pay the host bill or whatever that is called.

12. Zim_Reborn

Zim_Reborn Member

it was secretly skip trying to take down the competition

that or they are collaberating secretly to mess with our tiny minds and turn us all into thier slobbering, zombified minions

only time will tell

13. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I'm hoping to start trying to rebuild this forum soon, and get it back to how it was as an active and thriving community. I don't want it to be as big or daunting as UK Hippy, but instead get it back to how it was in 2002, as a medium-sized close-knit community which will hopefully draw in new members. I don't want to set it up in competition to the other site, and members should be able to post in both. However if it's going to survive it's going to have to be independent and have its own feel once again. We can't use this forum simply as a substitute. Instead, whose up for a bit of rebuilding work with me? Anyone care to get their hand dirty?

14. Zim_Reborn

Zim_Reborn Member

its an omen. i only joined this morning and caused the server to despair so it commited suicide

I'm sorry guys, its all my fault

15. Zim_Reborn

Zim_Reborn Member

sure sal. if i can help in any way you need only ask. i miss the good old days

16. lithium

lithium frogboy

How? Things like that happen by happy accident. I can't see it ever going back to how it was, or at least it won't happen just because we want it to happen.[​IMG]

Ukippy lacks alot of the spontaneity and creativity I used to like about this place, but this is dead now, so, brave new world, broad sunlit uplands, no more pining after the seed of our belly spilt carelessly upon the ground, etcetera.

17. jonathan_s

jonathan_s Member

Yes I would love to help rebuild this forum back to what it used to be like, I've seen this place go through a fair bit and I would love to see it back to how it used to be.

18. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

People started getting banned for no good reason, which was one of the reasons the new place was made. Would you rather we were all still here and unable to disagree with certain people for fear of getting banned/probated?

19. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

Hang on, I see it now.

Actually, the events that kickstarted ukHippy were in a thread right here. Matthew got banned/probated for disagreeing with admin opinion. The thousands of posts is a hyperbole too...they were in the sig files of users. The way it's put here, it sounds like every forum was swamped with OMG CHECK OUT THIS COOL PLACE!!!!!!!, which is not true.

Think of it like this. Peace-Phoenix's post up there about rebuilding this community and providing an alternate, smaller, closer-knit community for UK people? Imagine if he got banned from ukHippy for that.

Disclaimer - I'm not affiliated with the admin of ukHippy, I'm not one of the people who "stole [hipforums] members".

20. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Oh no! Not the poo again! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.