UK man can't high five kids without being acused of pedophilia

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 14, 2018.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Shit job though

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

I wouldn't do it..

4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Ugh...I woke up one morning and it was paedogeddon

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I heard kids in the UK can't have best friends either, so...nothing surprises me.

7. morrow

morrow Visitor

Well it started in a private school in London, and spread to the US.. can you actually see that working, or even being possible?
    I can't, especially in the north of England!

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

No, and I also don't understand the point. Based on the article I read the argument seems to be this: Kids shouldn't have one a friend; they should have a group of friends. And I couldn't agree more. It's important for social development. But when I was in school, I had a best friend and a group of friends. Still do. It's even the same best friend. So, it's weird to me, because it seems to be based on the pretense that someone's best friend is their only friend.

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Imaginary friends are banned to - can lead to schizophrenia

morrow likes this.
  10. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Mine always seem to show up when I have pot!

11. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

This has been happening moe and more recently.

However, your post reminds me . . . in the UK, crossing guards are called 'lollipop ladies and lollipop men' because they hold up a sign whose morphology resembles a popular sweetmeat. However, does that little kiddie title really confer the sort of dignity these oldsters might well seek? Why not call them crossing guards which is generically what they are. I noticed when I worked in Britain that tons of things had nicknames from primary school days - it was a bit confusing at first

However, this doesn't undrmine your key point in any way - you're right, dude