ugh, screw college.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ocean Bionic, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

$37,000 for the degree I want.

I think that's okay.

2. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Actually, the pay is decent good and even better if you work for a private company.
    You would make a GREAT social worker. I don't think everyone should go to school or that everyone has the ability to. However, and I am not saying this to be rude, I think you should go back to school. I think you're smart and pretty and level headed and empathetic. I mean you deserve to do it for yourself. You are too awesome to not expore every possible opportunity you can have in this world/

3. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

haha, thats what I love about tacos. You could buy 20 bean tacos and it costs you about $18. fuck ya. 300 lbs or not, feed me a bag of bean tacos!

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Somebody came to the Queen yesterday and bought 18 tacos and it cost him $25. I didn't think that was terribly high for fast food tacos. Granted, you could make 18 of your own for a tiny fraction of that, but still, if you're in a hurry and need...18 tacos, it's a good deal. Haha.

5. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

But now is the perfect time to go! I am going back to get my MA when we move because the economy is shit right now and I know I wouldn't be able to find a career type job that's a good fit for the long-term. Might as well make good use of mt time in this crappy economy.
    Plus, you can go part-time and start at a community college.

6. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

lol... is 18 the magic taco number?

7. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

yeah kink, you really should do as many hours you can at CC. austin has a very good and pretty cheap CC with many campuses all over the city, and the credits transfer to almost any texas school. it is a good way to save money and get a badass education, esp. if you're thinking about being a social worker.

8. Ocean Bionic

18 tacos for $25... now, that's what I like about texas.

hey laura, we should inform hollie about the magic of Taco Cabana 'Ritas.
    there would probably be less clean up. ;)

9. A-Bear's-Vagina

A-Bear's-Vagina 2 Kings Chapter 2 23-24

If I don't go to college my family will disown me.

10. Kinky Ramona

I'm actually going to look into going to the community college in town. It's on the way to my dad's work, so I could get early ass classes and swing a ride with him in the mornings if I had no vehicle. And if I still work the same hours then as I work now, it would be great, I could take a morning class every day and still be home in time for work. I actually would really love to be a psychologist or a psychiatrist, but pfft...I'd never finish the school for it, lol. My career dreams and my family dreams clash pretty badly. My career dream goal would be to be the head of my own psychiatric department in a prestigious hospital. Or to be the head of a full out psychiatric hospital. Oh my god...that would be wonderful. But alas, I am too lazy and too family-oriented to dedicate that much of my life to my job. "Oh boy, when you're dead, you don't take nothing with you but your clothes" is a phrase I pretty much live by, lol.

11. Kinky Ramona

They really have no justification or right to "disown" you unless they're paying for your school. Mine helped me zilch, so if they give me any shit, I tell them right where they can stick it. I'm having to do this shit the hard way and you can't rush it.

12. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

I want to design weapons that will minimize collateral damage.

13. A-Bear's-Vagina

A-Bear's-Vagina 2 Kings Chapter 2 23-24

Thats a mighty noble cause. Just don't end up getting involved in any projects related to sectors of new york.

14. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I wanna be Dr. Phil, but with a bigger forhead.

15. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Well if your portfolio is bitchin, there should be no problems.

If it is half ass and you can do better- that is a problem.

16. Ocean Bionic

well I make amazing Lasagna, but the olive garden wont hire me 'cuz I didnt gradgeate skool. but that other dude who makes ok lasagna totally got the job 'cuz he has a degree in tomato foods.

17. jrnyman

jrnyman kermit

I can draft you a degree in crayon... I promise it will look official.:tongue:

18. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

I do not know what your area of study is.

But if you can demonstrate talent a small business will likely give you a shot.

19. Ocean Bionic

awesum. Make the degree out to Mr. Sal Via. and I want to gradgeate from the University of Hard Knox at Des Moines.

20. Ocean Bionic

Graphic and 3d Design, specifically. But i'm an all around media designer. Graphic Art, Layouts, web pages, flash animation, 3d animation and modeling, as well as music production and performance. :)

Like I said earlier, I dont really have so much of a problem finding work. Im just worried about the rest of the kids in this world who seem left out by the American education and certification system.