U.S. payoffs show no respect for Iraqi lives

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by catstevens, Jun 15, 2006.

1. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

[​IMG]

U.S. payoffs show no respect for Iraqi lives

6/15/2006 7:40:00 PM GMTSource

Some links were added by me.

*Peace and love*

Yours Sincerely,

Cat Stevens

2. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

$2500 couldn't even bury a person in the United States. How pathetic.

3. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

My respect for this war has dropped 100 points. It is currently at -2359095839029. (I could keep spamming numbers but I'm lazy)

4. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

And what would y'all say if nothing was being offered?

5. Charise

You know something-military contractors along with a lot of people in the government are getting filthy fucking rich off of this war-a war that NEVER should have happened in the first place, and they can't even compensate people with enough money to bury their dead with dignity? That's just sick. You know, I fully realize that the people that unjustly persecute people can't escape their due on Judgement Day-if I didn't know that, I'd be a lot more upset than I already am.

6. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

So you want them to pay more money?

Not that I agree with what they're doing.... but would y'all be happy either way??? :p

7. Charise

If they paid a LOT more money-and actually acted like they cared whether human life had been unnecessarily lost, I'd be happier. I don't see either one of those things happening.

8. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

Hmmm, I'd be happy if they stopped killing everything. Hows that? :p

9. Charise

Yea, me too.

10. catstevens

Politics are awesome
    Isn't about money, it is about their lives.​
    *Peace and love*
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

11. TokeTrip

TokeTrip Senior Member

But it could buy someone in southeast asia.

12. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I wasn't even aware of "condolence" payments. If this is true than why can't the US news report accurate figures for what they so "nicely" call "collateral" losses. Someone knows those figures.

13. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Because the "US News" is owned by a mere handful of major corporations who have long been in collusion with the process of disenfranchising and dumbing down the population to serve the neo-liberal agenda of wealth and power concentration into the fewest possible hands.

If the public had an inkling of a fraction of what is truly happening outside their smug suburban existence and whom is truly behind most, if not all, of what is reported, the entire myth of "Americana" would be utterly destroyed.

The bandwagon-riding public doesn't want to know this and the "News" certainly has no vested interested in informing them.

Frankly the Fourth Estate ceased to be the voice of "we the people" the moment the first newspaper become a privately controlled venture.

14. catstevens

That's why I read newspapers from the middle-east, they are a lot, and free on line =)
    *Peace and love*
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

15. gardener

I am an American and I want the true figures and authentic reporting.

16. TokeTrip

TokeTrip Senior Member

What is your solution? Don't just complain, offer an alternative.

EDIT: Directed at the OP.

17. gardener

Accurate figures and true reporting, isn't that a valid query to a true solution?

18. YEM36313

YEM36313 Member

gardener, its true that this news should be avilable to us, and it is valid that you want it offered, but Catstevens is right too, because he is saying that you need to find what is available, read the material, take it for what it is, and spread the word. The word only spreads if you have the knowledge to obtain it. Once you read it, and you find it informative and accurate, then you can either tell people about your source, or you can begin talking to people about what you read...etc.

The point is, that if you want something to change, then change it. If you want the info, its out there. Then you too can give the truth to others.

i don't mean to sound harsh at all, its just that i begun to realize that if everyone just pitched in in a small way, then it would amount to a bigger picture. Reading a foreign newspaper may sound "different" to you, but why would it be so bad? Is it going to hurt you? Could it POSSIBLY help you obtain something? Just rationalize it...

For Americans to be told the truth, they have to have the power to speak it and to teach eachother. the power, my friend, unfortunately doesn't lye with the people...we have to take it back, and for that to happen, we must DO. We must SEEK. Seeking the truth may be the greatest gift you can give this world, gardener.

Peace and love, :)

19. catstevens

Masha'Allah :D , Completely agreed, Myself I read the news from the both (middle East & West) All are available on line (Free) you can do the same. And as I said before: E-forums are blessings, everybody can share an info or news, others can refute it, or give you more details about it, explanations, this is indeed a ablessing [​IMG] and sometimes an easy way to reach the truth [​IMG] .

*Peace and love*
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

20. gardener

Actually I do follow the foreign press, I guess I was just trying to phrase a hypothetical for those that don't. And lately it's hard in the States to talk openly. It actually does feel like you are being watched and reported on by your neighbors. That doesn't totally shut me up, but I have found that I am a lot more careful about how and where I state my views.

I was born in 1950, I never thought I would have to fear about what I had to say or who I talked to, but things have changed in the last 8 years. That is the saddest part of all this.