U.K. Covid-19 July 2021

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by WOLF ANGEL, Jul 1, 2021.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  2. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I think it will be as in England for sure as the link between rising cases and hospital cases has been broken because of the vaccination programme.

The emphasis is going to be placed on the individual to assess their own situation with rules replaced by advice . The latter has already started as its not law to wear an exemption pass if you cant wear a face covering . Trying to tell that to doormen on a pub is another issue though :confused::eek:o_O

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  3. WOLF ANGEL

With the furlough system winding down
    Covid: UK's furlough scheme starts to wind down - BBC News
    many people and/or businesses will look to a return sooner than later, and although there will still be precautions, I think that apathy coupled with economic reasons will see us back to as normal as soon as is practically possible

4. WOLF ANGEL

GREATER - MANCHESTER = 'The only way is UP'
    [​IMG]

5. WOLF ANGEL

And so:-
    Huge vaccination push launched in Manchester as new pop-up to open in Exchange Square
    The NHS and town hall want as many under-30s as possible to come forward for their jab before July 19, as more walk-ins open across the city and soldiers join the vaccine effort
    Huge vaccination push launched in Manchester with new pop-up site

6. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh really ???

Then why was there a spike in covid cases from all those stupid idiots attending Wembley arena to watch the Scotland -v- England football game ???

No doubt there will be yet another spike in the days to come due to the idiots attending the Germany -v- England game.

7. WOLF ANGEL

I only quoted Greater Manchester figures (as it is in my locale), I don't know about other areas - especially those within the Capital city(???)
    As for the game tomorrow, as it's in Rome, I guess it'll be travelling idiots that will see any further spikes(?)

8. WOLF ANGEL

9. WOLF ANGEL

The Boris Announcement: (England)
    The Change/s that's gonna come:-
    (Based on the figures (not yet available)
    • Acknowledgement that the Vaccination programme is not yet complete
    • Acknowledgement that COVID will always be with us.
    • Acknowledgement that figures are still on the rise (and "Deaths are inevitable")
    • Acknowledgement that Winter could be tricky, - with/where influenza awaits - and possible Booster jabs required
    • Acknowledgement that it's a Gamble/Risk
    So -
    • Social distancing to end - Bubbles to end
    • Night clubs to re-open - (folks to freely mix in an enclosed space (?!?))
    • Encouragement to 'Get back to work': "Your economy needs you"
    • Face masks no longer a requirement: Down to the choice - and conscience - of the individual
    • Let's hope for the best
    Thoughts ???

10. WOLF ANGEL

11. WOLF ANGEL

12. WOLF ANGEL

Coronavirus infection rates have gone up in eight of Greater Manchester’s 10 boroughs, latest data revealed on Sunday.

The weekly rates have fallen in two areas – Bolton and Stockport.
    Meanwhile, the figures show Manchester now has the highest coronavirus infection rate in Greater Manchester, replacing Salford.
    The borough recorded a rate of 346.6 cases per 100,000 people in the week ending June 16, according to the latest data from Public Health England.
    The lowest infection rate is in Stockport, where the rate is 200.7 cases per 100,000 people.

In Greater Manchester as a whole, the infection rate is now 272.2 cases per 100,000 of the population.
    It means the infection rate in the region is higher than the national average, which is 89.6 cases per 100,000 people.
    • A total of 7,720 people tested positive for coronavirus across Greater Manchester in the week which ended on June 16 – the latest available data.
    The Greater Manchester weekly total has increased by 829 cases compared to the previous week, which means the infection rate was up 12 per cent in the last week.
    The infection rate is higher than the national average in all ten local authorities in Greater Manchester.

Stockport,
    Has the lowest infection rate in the region, recorded 589 positive Covid-19 tests in the week ending June 16, which is 91 fewer than the previous seven days.
    The coronavirus infection rate in Stockport is now 200.7 cases per 100,000 people – down by 13 per cent week-on-week.
    Wigan
    Recorded 966 coronavirus cases, which is 242 more than in the previous seven days.
    The latest infection rate in Wigan is 293.9 cases per 100,000 people and that is up 33 per cent week-on-week.
    Bury,
    Have a latest infection rate is 333.0 cases per 100,000 people and the number of cases has gone up by 30 per cent.
    A total of 636 people tested positive for Covid in Bury over the seven days ending on June 16, which is 147 more than the week before.
    Trafford
    Saw a total of 558 cases in the week ending June 16, which is 101 more than the previous week. That is a rise of 22 per cent.
    In Trafford, the most recent coronavirus infection rate is now 235.1 cases per 100,000 people.
    Manchester,
    Had 1916 positive Covid-19 tests in the week ending June 16, which is 288 more than the previous 7 days.
    Manchester has the highest infection rate in the region. The infection rate in Manchester is up slightly compared with the previous day and the week-on-week trend is up by 18 per cent.
    Bolton,
    The trend is down in Bolton, where there were 734 positive Covid-19 tests in the week ending June 16, which is 191 fewer than the previous seven days. That is down by 21 per cent compared to the previous week.
    The latest infection rate in Bolton is 255.3 cases per 100,000 people, which is higher than the national average.
    Oldham,
    Has a number of cases p by 29 per cent compared to the previous week – leaving the infection rate at 205.8 cases per 100,000 population.
    There were 488 positive Covid-19 tests in Oldham in the week ending June 16, which was 111 more than the previous week.
    Rochdale
    Recorded 510 positive Covid-19 tests over the seven-day period – 66 more than the previous week.
    There was a rise of 15 per cent in cases in Rochdale over the week ending June 16, and the infection rate is now 229.3 cases per 100,000 population.
    Tameside
    Is an area where the trend is up. The latest infection rate here is 200.9 cases per 100,000 people.
    There were 455 cases recorded in Tameside, which is 111 more than the previous week – a rise of 32 per cent.
    Salford
    Sees 868 positive tests over the last week, which is 45 more than in the previous week.
    The week-on-week trend in Salford is up by five per cent and the latest infection rate is 335.3 cases per 100,000 people.

13. WOLF ANGEL

NATIONALLY,
    The figures show coronavirus infection rates have gone up in more than three quarters of the local authority areas in the country.
    In the week ending June 16 the infection rate went up in 262 (83 per cent) of the council areas in England and stayed level in six areas.
    In the remaining 47 areas the infection rate went down.
    Daily summary | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

14. Captain Scarlet

I still dont know why they place resources into the badly affected towns like they did with my home town of Bolton ?

We had many pop up Covid Vaccination Centres and Test Centres . It clearly worked as we are only currently only 50 over the England average . We "enjoyed " the title Covid Capital of England for over a month . It does show that it can work if the correct resources are applied and of course the art of persuasion for the vaccine hesitents . .We are now the lowest in the borough

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  15. WOLF ANGEL

The boroughs though different, are not that different, and given the degree of movement there is across the area (both for Work and pleasure), I think that 'Greater' Manchester should have a Co-ordinated Covid strategy, - but it seems not.

16. Captain Scarlet

I have changed my mind as well . I was all for everything opening up on July 19th but something they are not telling us is how frickin nasty this Delta variant actually is . It is more transmissable for sure but its far more deadly as well . I have just partially recovered from this and its the nastiest thing I have ever had . Its the flu from hell and is much more closer to flu than the original . The original is a fluffy pussy cat compared to this .I am glad I am fully vaccinated which has led to my quick recovery. I just fear opening everything up is going to make this rife through the community .

At some stage I will be doing thread on this and I'll be placing it in the Personal Section as I just want to share my experiences with the membership and not Jo Public. I also have a sickly picture of the phlegm I brought up as well for avoidance of doubt that I am making all of this up to bang the drum for the vaccine programme . I wouldn't want to see this variant on an unvaccinated person as it is a Big Killer .

17. WOLF ANGEL

Sorry to hear that you copped for covid - hopefully you are ok - although "let continued vigillance be your Covid credo" = not so so much for what you do, but the actions of others (see below)

18. WOLF ANGEL

[​IMG]

Trusting in the educational levels, moral and ethical values of the general public to make choices based on their own indvidual standards - what could possibly go wrong?!?"

19. WOLF ANGEL

I look forward to reading it - Keep well & Safe

20. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, and there was Mrs Windsor visiting a place in the North West where Covid is running riot, neither she, or any of her entourage or anyone she met was wearing masks, and no-one was keeping social distance - all of them were breaking current rules !!! - but I bet not one of them will be prosecuted or even challenged for it !!! :mad::mad::mad:

Tags: