Two people having the same dream at the exact same time.

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Linni, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Linni

Linni Guest

Hi

I've never really done this before and I dont know much about dreams I need someone to help me figure this dream out please?
    Its odd..

So I dont know what it means when you dream a dream where you'r reliving a night, but u keep dreaming it over and over. What happened was I met a guy at a pub on a Friday night and we are now in a relationship. The following night I had a dream where I was reliving the Fridaynight. In the dream nothing changed everything was exactly as it was that night. I heard voices and laughter and conversation over the music that was playing but I could hear the music so clearly. The songs that were playing was a song from The Fray and a song from One Republic. There was a lot of emotion in the dream it was like I felt loved. All the color in the dream was very desaturated and its almost asif the dream had no end. Like that night would never end. I woke up, had a glass of water and went back to bed and fell asleep. Then I had the exact same dream again, this happened four times. Everytime I'd wake up and go back to sleep and have the dream again.

Two days later, my boyfriend phoned me and told me about this dream he had Saturdaynight reliving the night we met and he described it to me, and
    it was the same dream I had. Except my dream was very emotional and full of music and his dream had more conversation in and the music playing. He also said that he would wake up, go back to sleep and dream it again atleast four times. I told him that I had the same dream that night. We havent talked about it since its strange and I keep thinking about it.

Can anyone help?

2. The Beyonder

The Beyonder Member

That's an interesting bond you both have. My daughter and I dream the same things very often. I now rush to her room if I wake up from a nightmare because she usually wakes up at nearly the same time from an eerily similar nightmare.

3. Linni

Linni Guest

Is this kind of thing normal or not because I dont know of anyone else that this has happened to? I'm trying to figure out wether this dream means something or if its just a coincidence.. I dont really know what to make of it.

4. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hi Linni, welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your experience.

I believe dream sharing happens more often than we are aware of.

Now, considering how far you want to go with it, any standard meaning will get you just that far. The deeper meaning (I believe) is hidden inside the dream; yet to fully understand - from here, in the waking world - depends on how you change your angle and leave aside the need to analyse or have a satisfying meaning that works for your day-to-day life. Sometimes it makes more sense to hold the tension of not knowing and go back into the dream and just watch.

It's like when you move from the personal to a transpersonal level, the question of 'Who am I' becomes different as well. When we dream, we answer it. Yet when we wake in the morning it's often like we fall asleep again instead. Here, the shared dream itself is the answer, yet who will hear it is another question ... and how comes we believe so strongly in our own limitations. Imagine we all live behind a thin veil only rather than the solid walls of what we take as reality.

And so, in dream we already do all these things we daydream about - we communicate, we understand, we travel far. We fly, we share, we go through lifetimes in a second. And sometimes in dream we manage to stir the sleeper - the one who wakes in the morning - enough to make their mind go round and round.

... there you are.

Well I hope this is not just all hot air ;)

5. dec2012omg

dec2012omg Guest

very interesting Linni. I'm no expert but i'm very open minded. it sounds like you and this guy must have connected with each other very well. I imagine the eye contact must have felt like you could understand each other. Ive never heard of this happening before, but I have spoken about it with my friends.
    I once had this dream where I was with this really beautiful girl and it felt like we were in love, though i had never seen the girl in my life. I wondered if she existed in the world and was in the same dream because i don't think it was possible for me to make her up with my mind. There's a lot we don't understand about dreams, but I think there's more to them than we actually think. happy sleeping x

6. Linni

Linni Guest

Thanx guys this really helps me understand. I dont know if a dream could show me that me & my boyfriend are really meant to be I gave up on happy endings a long time ago. I guess I'll never really know what this dream means. But its not something I made up out of my own imagination & subconscious. It really happened. I've tried to go back into the dream again & it doesnt work.

7. nostawk

nostawk Member

8. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

'The Holographic Universe' from Michael Talbot may be an interesting read as well.

IMHO dreams are not always about what is 'ment to be' in a romantic setting. Instead, they take you to a deeper level of self inspection. There, in the magic of the mutual experience, you may start to see your world differently and how real is reality becomes an entirely new question.

Don't get side-tracked by the wow-effect ... just keep on dreaming, waking, and wondering.

:)

9. donnathebuffalo

donnathebuffalo Member

hello..i'm just looking to find anything to help me understand what is going on..

i dated a girl for 4 years. it was a very intense relationship. up and down, etc.. we broke up 2 years ago and have not had contact since. three weeks ago i had an incredibly intense dream about her. i felt as though she was right next to me. i could literally feel her, touch her, smell her. the dream was so vivid, it woke me up. 10 minutes later i went on the computer and checked my mail. i had a message from her. she told me in the message that she had an unbelievably real dream about me last night and it woke her up and she said she had to tell me how real it felt to her. she sent the email 10 minutes ago, just as i woke up from the same intense dream..

what does this all mean. we started talking again, however it we haven't talked about the dream...

10. debajit

debajit Guest

Hi,
    Trust me I also saw the same dream last night where me and my girlfriend saw exactly the same thing. We both saw of aliens attacking both of us and couldnt sleep afterwards. What could be the sign behind this..??

11. passion

passion Guest

me and my boyfriend had the same dream, both of our dreams was about us getting married, it was such a coincidence because I've never dreamed about marriage with no one until now, but I can't find this interpretation no where so I ask for help, about both of. Us having the same dream in the same night.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is where you get into that psychic internet connection i sometimes mentions.

there is really too much variability to take too literally what seems to be experienced in them. (do at least in part, to the uniqueness of the 'client side' in each of our unique individual heads)

but yes of course, sometimes we ARE in each other's dream world, quite litterally.