Two people have the same dream at the same time

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by SageDreamer, Apr 12, 2010.

1. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

:eek:

A couple of nights ago, I dreamed that I was at a summer camp and a bigger kid was trying to beat me up. I stood up a little straighter and shoved his shoulders really hard. He started shrinking, and then he fell. Then I kicked him really hard, and he ran away.

I noticed that my older brother was standing behind me holding a really big rock. I also saw my younger brother standing in front of me and he looked really upset.

The weird part is that a few minutes after the dream I woke up and I was still pretty groggy. The telephone rang. It was my older brother. He asked if I was OK and said that he had a dream about me. It was the same dream only from his perspective.

What does it mean if two people have the same dream at the same time?

2. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

It means it never happened.

3. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Yes, it does actually.

4. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

WOw, dodgy internet.

Yeah it can happen, or at least people can have really similar dreams. Me and my girlfriend both had a dream that the sun was exploding (terrifying), mine the first night and hers the next.

I never spoke to her about it, we just chatted afterwards and were like 'Ok, we shared a dream' :p

Could be the sub conscience, it's a powerful thing and maybe one person's passed along such an image to another.

5. old_crone

old_crone Super Moderator Super Moderator

Hi SageDreamer

This is called shared dreaming. Shared dreaming is a place of awareness, and power within us that is often also called a medicine dream. Many cultures use this method to enter the Spirit and Soul of an individual to make whole what is out of balance.

Take the symbols. Summer camp...is about your relations and connections. There is no separation here in the dream because in a medicine dream you are playing all the roles through the eyes of those in the dream. Often those in the dream are looking for their own healing as well.

In a medicine dream on a higher vibrational level you all agree to set a stage, and play out the parts needed for the wholeness and balance to be restored inside each of you.

Next symbol, the bigger kid who is going to beat you up is about power, control, Being true to your self, and nature. This is about aiming your thoughts on the Greater Good.

You standing taller is about not seeing things done to you, about codependency, and walking in your own center, not willing to be a victim, or enabler. This is about growing, and the reason we are here.

Older and younger brother are about knowing as you all come from a place of love within your connections you are not alone in your journey. Here vulnerability becomes your strength.Here you become aware you do not need to play by the old rules because you have grown beyond them.

Shared dreaming, or Medicine dreams are about Change.

This is the nut shell explanation. Often another dream will follow to let you see the out come or the results of the first dream that came. These dreams often come in pairs, even when we do not remember them.

6. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

Thank you all for your input. My brother and I agree that this did not happen in waking life.

In waking life my brother can be very protective, often to the point where it gets to be a bit too much. People around us agree that this probably comes from not being able to be around me as much as we would have liked for many years...so he's trying to make up for lost time. I think we're both processing a lot of things that stem from unusual childhoods.

The fact that we had the same dream at the same time is what intrigues me the most here.

7. lovekush

lovekush Member

It's crazy how you share the same dream with someone. I never get nightmares and I can also lucid dream but one night my boyfriend and I had a similar dream (or nightmare). I dreamed that the two of us were sleeping in a different bed at a different house but woke up when two guys were breaking into the house. In the dream, I saw two men. A skinny man standing in the background and he was just a shadow in the background but I could tell he was tall and skinny. Then a tall, fat man slowly walks up to me with an evil smile on his face. He has a large kitchen knife and he starts stabbing me until I'm dead. At that point, I woke up. I didn't say anything and I laid in bed, silently for a moment. I was still scared. Then my boyfriend got out of bed. He must have just woke up at the same time. He got out of bed and checked the house, windows, and made sure everything was locked. He seemed pretty casual and I didn't expect anything. I was going to tell him I had a nightmare but instead, I asked him if he had a nightmare. He said yes and asked how I knew that. I don't know. But he said he dreamed that him and I were at a different house but sleeping and someone broke into the house and attacked us. There was a skinny guy and a fat guy and the skinny guy was stabbing him. I told him my dream and got real freaked out because he dreamed that he watched the fat man attack me right before the skinny guy got him. It was really messed up. That's how I know that stuff could happen.

I've also experienced it before with a previous boyfriend. Neither of us remembered the details but we both dreamed of water slides. lol. A friend of mine also experienced this with his sister. I don't remember the details to his dream though.