Twin Peaks... spoilers, maybe

Discussion in 'TV' started by theraccoonhat, Feb 18, 2012.

1. theraccoonhat

theraccoonhat Member

Has anyone watched Twin Peaks? I've just watched the last episode, and while I admit that it certainly is an effective and astonishing ending, I am completely horrified and heartbroken.

2. Fitch3k

Fitch3k Member

One of the best tv shows ever.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Could hardly wait weekly for it some 22 years ago. But then I like everything Lynch does. I wish he would think about a new series. I just played the Julie Cruise CD yesterday. I liked all the music in the series.

"she's wraaaaped in plaastic!"

mairsey doats and doesy doats and little lambsey divey!

4. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I just started watching the new series, but I didn't really pay much attention to the original.

I was aware of it, and it came highly recommended to me, I just never got round to checking it out as I was too busy watching Star Trek around that time.

I bought the soundtrack by Julee Cruise on tape and I had a poster of Mädchen Amick on my wall though.

Tried to get into it again a couple of years ago but found it a bit slow, and once you get used to the 16:9 ratio it's hard to go back, especially where there are so many great new box sets coming out as well.

--

Anyway, can someone who has watched both series up to date, or at least the first advise me as to whether I should watch the original series before carrying on with the new one?

Or would it be better to watch the new series without knowing much about the original series making it seem even more bizarre.

I'm quite enjoying the new one but it's freaking me out a bit. No more than real life though.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Can barely remember the original series now, but never got why it was such a big thing, especially when people say it was the best show ever.

I remember it being too slow for the most part

6. The Walking Dickhead

I like the acting in it, the reboot anyway. I'm sure there's a fancy name for it.

I'll take a slow pace to cutting scenes every 1.5 seconds or boring narratives any day.

And the harder films are to crack the better.

7. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

I just finished watching lol, mostly on fast forward, the new season's first 4 episodes.
    The "figure" was cool, that's all. Sad to say the least how disappointing the remake is.
    Even the opening credits were a disaster!
    So, bye bye :bigcry:

8. The Walking Dickhead

I thought the pilot was alright, brutally violent at times though. Does it all mean something or is it just random. Maybe it'll be like the final two seasons of Lost, where noone not even the writers had a clue what was happening.

Chromatics playing some nice dream pop at the end as well.

By "the figure" do mean Papa Lazaru who appeared in the jail cell and then disappeared? That freaked me out a bit, David Lynch is very clever.

What the fuck is the talking lung on top of the tree calling itself "the arm" or something.

9. The Walking Dickhead

Tulpas are real

10. The Walking Dickhead

To be fair though, the ending did kind of make more sense than the ending of Lost.

11. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

It's one of my favorite shows to date. I only watched the first two seasons a few years ago and it was hard enough to wait for the reboot then lol I think David Lynch finally felt free to get as weird with the show as he wanted in the Return. I thought it was amazing.