TV is Stupid

Discussion in 'TV' started by Philly_Hippie17, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

I Think TV Is Stupid Man, Waste of Time, Rots Your Brain,

[​IMG]

2. han_tigger

han_tigger Member

most of it seems 2 be a tool 4 brainwashing its true and people seem 2 depend on tv these days!

Hannah.

3. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Prime time (mostly) rots your brain . Have a siesta , spend time with the better half ...do whatever .. Sit up past 10.30 and be surprised at some of the decent programes and films that are on..just have an excuse ready for 'the man' when your late for work...if you work that is... If not , carry on through to 'The Hoobs' that have taught me loads , there so funny and cute.

4. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

if you don't like it....don't watch it....its as simple as that....

5. han_tigger

han_tigger Member

It's true the best TV is on over night and early mornin, all the educational stuff thats so much more interesting!

Hannah.

6. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I dont care if tv rotts my brain...tis I watch it anyways...and love every minute of it...

7. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

My TV is mainly just a tool for watching movies. There are a few shows I watch but the TV doesn't rule my life or anything
    (except possibly MASH, I'm a MASH addict)

TTFN
    Sage

8. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

This is a true hippy.

9. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I'm with Sage. All I do on my TV is watch movies (and record them if I know they're going to be on). Some shows I do watch, like Vh1 stuff... I'm particularly addicted to the countdowns.

10. Friend

Friend Banned

In all respect I don't agree on the statement that tv is stupid. I would rather more say, some shows or programs on tv are stupid.
    You have to be selective and limit yourself to an amount of time on tv. If you spend all your time on tv (or on the computer for that) it can "stupidify" you.

11. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

Maybe TV sucks if you don't have cable, but if you have cable (even basic) there are loads of great documentaries and educational shows on Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, etc. HBO also has some good documentary stuff. And let's not forget PBS! It's there if you're looking. I like those shows, but sometimes I just want good old mind numbing escapism. If you don't like TV don't watch, just shut it off.

12. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

The thing with watching cable is there are far to many flimsy documentaries on and documentaries about the lamest of things...you can watch the same information re-packaged 8 diffrent ways and be none the bloody wiser..

Stuff about WWII is the worst for this , followed by Science.

13. steely_j

steely_j Member

tv is a genius medium to spread the word. its true most of the shows on tv is stupid, but its also a genius thing to spread the word and education.

14. feministhippy

feministhippy Member

Ding ding ding! Now boarding the most over discussed bandwagon ever!

15. hippiewise

hippiewise Member

the main thang that bothers me about tv anymore is it costs so damned much. i mean when i was a kid in the 50's and even 60's there were three fucking channels and it was free. now it's this conglomerate of hundreds of stations, most of them not worth watching, and cable companies are controlling giants. i watch a few channels when i'm ready to go to bed, but tv never turned me on that much. i'd rather be out in the sunshine enjoying the day. what i really miss though, is the old MTV, i loved the MTV of the 80's with all the rock groups and videos.
    angel (hippiewise)