Tussionex Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by WarriorHippie, Jul 22, 2020.

1. WarriorHippie

WarriorHippie Members

Hey all, just received a bottle of Tussionex and I’ve never used it before. I’ve had some experience with opiates Hydro and such and pretty well know my tolerance but it’s the other ingredient I’m weary of and need dosage advice for recreational as to not make myself sick or worse (chlorphen) it’s a antihistamine I think. A normal dose of Tussionex is 1tsp which contains 10mg Hydro and 8mg of the chlorphen. I guess what I am asking is how much chlorphen is to much/dangerous.

thanks fellow warriors.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

don't it slow down your breathing? like so slow that you're barely there? I don't know, man. I'll tell you this: My friends died from opiates Josh (heroin), Ryan (heroin), and Jon (pills). The thing about Jon is he was like you - just takin' drugs. He knew better and must've taken too many anyway, or smoked reefer with it or whatever. And he's dead! :)

3. WarriorHippie

WarriorHippie Members

Sorry you lost your friends that truly sucks. But I know my limits wit opiates it’s the Chlorphen I’m asking about cause I’m not familiar with it.

4. soulcompromise

Drugs & Medications.

You might want to consider therapy & counseling. It sounds like you might have a drug habit. :)

5. WarriorHippie

WarriorHippie Members

Obviously. I was under the assumption this was a forum site for just such conversations not judgmental comments. I’m well aware of my problems and have been a functioning addict for several years. Not to be rude or crass but unless you have a helpfull insight on my direct question please refrain from posting. Thanks.

6. soulcompromise

Oh no.. you misunderstand. I'm commenting that your interest in this substance may be misguided*

Not that it's not appropriate for this forum. And certainly one can examine introspection without it becoming a destructive element. I'm suggesting though that given some thought, opiates are mostly destructive recreationally. :D

7. WarriorHippie

WarriorHippie Members

I know how destructive they can be, but after years of use I’ve learned my limits and will not exceed those limits for any reason. I appreciate the concern but I’ve been through counseling and therapy and rehab yada yada yada. Ive found the only way to deal is to learn your limits or just quit completely which isn’t an option for me.

8. soulcompromise

I don't want to sound harsh. It's just that I needed to be told multiple times by more than one group of friends that I was on the road to destruction with my 'hard partying'.
    It was stupid, I regret it, and as I mentioned above people are dead of overdoses - even more if you count suicides.

There are so many things that we just take for granted...

9. WarriorHippie

WarriorHippie Members

I agree completely, I don’t do the party scene anymore I just take what I need to function normally on a daily basis. I’ve lost friends as well and in the past close to loosing myself but I’ve tried cold turkey as well as medical treatment and found that my way is best for me, may not work for others but I’ve learned through trial and error what works for me.

10. soulcompromise

you know what worked for me (but I wasn't on smack - it was meth, and then alcohol) I had to limit my legal exposure first - I could be practical in that way. It made sense - just do what's legal! And there were slip ups, but that idea made a big difference. I also had to involve my family. I didn't want to but I had to accept someone as a support network. Friendships were toast, and then of course there were those who were dying like I said. So I had to say goodbye to lots and lots of people and things.

I did what worked for me too. I didn't want to do a 12-step program. But I did use a lot of their philosophies to succeed. Like admitting I had a problem had to be important to me. I didn't buy into the religious aspect of 12-step though. But by the grace of God I did get sober.

I had to rely a lot on family though. Financially they were there for me through my hard times.

I needed to realize that I wasn't any different than my friends that died. And that to continue meant certain death. So, again with being practical, I decided to stop doing the things that were killing people. It worked. And I still use that philosophy with my physical and mental health in so far as trying to do things I know keep people healthy or balanced or whatever.

11. WarriorHippie

WarriorHippie Members

I’m glad that worked for you but my family isn’t an option because they all either criticize and judge or think they can pray my “evil” away so I had to adapt and learn what works for me by myself.

12. WarriorHippie

WarriorHippie Members

Fingers crossed couldn’t get any useful advice so I just mixed up some old fashion sizzurp with the tussionex. Kept it low though only used 25ml which equals 50mg hydrocodone and 40mg chlorphen.