Tsunami

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by ArieStarshines, Dec 29, 2004.

1. I just needed somehwere to say this. I have been reading about the tsunami over in Asia, and it is breaking my heart. My thoughts and sympathies go out to the victims and survivors of this terrible ordeal. :( Peace, Love & Light.

2. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I've been crying so much these last couple of days watching it all on tv and hearing about it. I wish I could jump on a plane and go over to help in the relief efforts, but that's just not possible:(

3. I feel awful because I didn't take time until now to realize the severity of it all. I've been crying my eyes out looking at the pictures of it. It is just absolutely mind blowing.

4. organix

organix Member

since i live 4 hours away by plane from most of these places and have a 6 week vacation comign up, im trying to find a volunteer relief agency that needs people to go. anyone know anything?

5. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

What's happening over there is awfull......
    But it happened, and grieving over what happened won't help, if you can volunteer than go over there and help. If you can't, send money, they need it badly over there.

6. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I feel very badly about what happened and still very helpless. I did send a $60 check to the American Red Cross, which will go towards the relief efforts, but I wish I could fly over to Southeast Asia and help those in need.

7. Chris L

Chris L Member

Yeah, simply awful. I read that a volcano in the Canary Islands is set to erupt anytime now. It could be decades or centuries. But when it happens, the eruption could create a landslide, which will fall into the ocean, creating huge tidal waves which will hit the entire american eastern coast, southern britain, and (I beleive) africa. This is just the begining.

somewhat credible source: http://www.rense.com/general13/tidal.htm

8. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

I come from India, although I am currently in the US, my family are all in Madras (chennai) which was one of the cities along the eastern coast that was struck. Death toll - 800. Luckily my family lived far enough inland that they were safe, but there are many of my friends who have lost people, some guys I knew from school were washed off to sea. It's one of those instants which remind me very sharply of what bad collective karma humankind is accumulating. All we can do is pray.

9. forest_pixie84

forest_pixie84 Senior Member

i heard the death toll is supposed to be around 160,000

10. forest_pixie84

forest_pixie84 Senior Member

and that's not including the potential of the aftermath

11. yohonis

yohonis Member

I have heard a lot of people are contracing diseases very easily now. no one will ever know how many lives this wave will have cost