Tsunami Bomb Developed As Far Back As 1944

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by Pressed_Rat, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/january2005/070105tsunamibomb.htm

Tsunami Bomb Developed As Far Back As 1944

AFP | Re-posted January 7 2005

Top secret wartime experiments were conducted off the New Zealand coast to perfect a tidal wave bomb believed to be potentially as effective as the atom bomb, a report said yesterday citing declassified files.

Auckland University professor Thomas Leech set off a series of underwater explosions triggering mini-tidal waves at Whangaparaoa, just north of Auckland, in 1944 and 1945, the New Zealand Herald reported.

His work was considered so significant that US defense chiefs said if the project had been completed before the end of the war it could have played a role as effective as that of the atom bomb.

Details of the tsunami bomb, known as Project Seal, are contained in 53-year-old documents released by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

Papers stamped "top secret" show the US and British military were eager for Seal to be developed in the post-war years too. They even considered sending Leech to Bikini Atoll to view the US nuclear tests and see if they had any application to his work.

He did not make the visit, although a member of the US board of assessors of atomic tests, Dr. Karl Compton, was sent to New Zealand.

"Dr. Compton is impressed with Professor Leech's deductions on the Seal project and is prepared to recommend to the Joint Chiefs of Staff that all technical data from the test relevant to the Seal project should be made available to the New Zealand Government for further study by Professor Leech," said a July 1946 letter from Washington to Wellington.

Leech, who died in his native Australia in 1973, was the university's dean of engineering from 1940 until 1950.

News of his being awarded a CBE in 1947 for research on a weapon led to speculation in newspapers around the world about what was being developed.

Though high-ranking New Zealand and US officers spoke out in support of the research, no details of it were released because the work was on-going.

A former colleague of Leech, Neil Kirton, told the New Zealand Herald that the experiments involved laying a pattern of explosives underwater to create a tsunami.

Small-scale explosions were carried out in the Pacific and off Whangaparaoa, which at the time was controlled by the army.

It is unclear what happened to Project Seal once the final report was forwarded to Wellington Defense Headquarters late in the 1940s.

The bomb was never tested full scale, and Kirton doubts the public would have noticed the trials.

"Whether it could ever be resurrected ... Under some circumstances I think it could be devastating," he said.

2. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

why are you posting this ???

3. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

Stop spamming the science and technology forum with this nonsense from the internet tabloids, and take it to the "pure bull" forum where it belongs.

4. Pressed_Rat

Because I am.

5. Zanman

Zanman Member

You must be joking mate ... this is not on.

The plate situation was fully documented both ahead of time and afterward. It was a natural occurrence as sure to happen as the San Andreas fault will one day decide to kick those of us who live on the US West coast in our collective asses.

It is horrible what happened two weeks ago but sure to repeat (ask the Japanese) but to suggest this can actually be controlled is science fiction at it's weirdest.

It was a natural event pure and simple.

6. Pressed_Rat

I hate to be rude, but some of you people can't possibly be short of being mentally challenged.

When did I ever say that this is what caued the recent tsunami? All I did was bring this article up. Neither I, nor the article said anything about the government causing the recent Indian Ocean tsunami.

Learn how to read, people.

7. Zanman

Zanman Member

You can be as rude as you want, although ad hominem attacks don’t go down that well here pal, but it doesn't change the edge of your clip.

Don't you think, "It is unclear what happened to Project Seal once the final report was forwarded to Wellington Defense Headquarters late in the 1940s." is a provocative statement suggesting some sort of governmental connivance or at least intervention? It is "unclear", "top secret", "speculation in newspapers around the world as to what was being developed"?... Please.

If you are NOT suggesting some sort of conspiracy then what exactly IS your point?

I suggest if you are going to post this level of "information" at least be prepared to back up your argument with other sources, evidence ... jeez ...

8. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Yeah, considering your post about the government having foreknowledge of the tsunami, and then this, it would seem as though you wish people to believe the U.S. caused it...

9. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The US had nothing to gain in causing a tsunami over there.....

This has been a topic of discussion on several message boards from time to time, and the recent events do bring it to mind again; equally on topic could be posts about how to defend against such a threat?

How big would barrier islands/walls have to be to be even the least bit effective?

10. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

Pressed Rat, is there any possible disaster that could happen - natural or manmade - that you would NOT somehow try to blame on the US government or the "new world order"? I suspect the answer is no.

11. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

That was the OBVIOUS implication you were making, and you know it. Otherwise, you'd have no reason for posting this at all.

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Hey look... another consipiracy! Matt, I respect you and usually agree... but this one is ludicrous.

13. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

no. he/she is not capable of that kind of thinking. thank you for playing.

14. Pressed_Rat

I am going to have to break this down because of people's limited reading ability and/or comprehension skills.

1) I never said the US government (or any other government) is responsible for the devestating tsunami that struck the Indian Ocean region 2 weeks ago.

2) This article does not suggest that either.

3) The article states (which originates from American Free Press) that the US had the technology to artificially create tsunami tidal waves since 1944.

4) This is a FACT!

5) I have no evidence the US was behind the recent tsunami, and I would never think to even assume that unless I had substantial proof.

6) It is, however, a fact the the US has the technology to alter the weather and create earthquakes or tsunamis and could possibly -- SOMEDAY -- use such technology to their advantage. If you are unaware of this, you are uninformed. You being uninformed, however, does not make me crazy.

7) People should be aware of this.

8) That's all.

15. green_thumb

green_thumb kill your T.V.

It's astounding how dense people can be...
    I think this is a perfectly reasonable post, and due to the recent disaster....relevant. It is interesting to note that our gov. can create a "natural" (or seemingly natural) disaster like the current one. Why are you all so incredibly paranoid? No conspiracy was mentioned, just interesting info. Relax.

16. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Matt... stop being a politician... you only posted this because of the Tsunami... If there was no Tsunami, you would have not posted it...

17. Mui

Mui Senior Member

whats wrong with posting it if it's true? this is science and technology.

18. Zanman

Zanman Member

No my friend, you wanted to stir up a little controversy and upon being challenged you are now trying to save face.

Also it does not win you or your argument, whatever it is, any points when you denigrate others' intelligence in order to uphold your view. It is one thing to be controversial, quite another to be obnoxious. (By the way "tsunami" is the same spelling in both singular and plural.)

The only point you made in this eight-piece parse is that the US government, and many others, has the ability to create artificial tsunami and has had for decades, whether it was 1944 (for the US) or whatever. Everyone already knew that. So again, what is your point?

Japan is probably the leader in tsunami research as their country has been continually hard-hit by greater and lesser tsunami over the centuries.

You are correct in that the US, along with many other countries, has the ability to alter the weather. In the mid 70's the CIA published a report called "The Weather Bomb" in which they postulated an uncertain future where countries would be able to affect each other's weather and affect the Monsoon for example, or shift the Gulf stream and thereby affect crop-growing patterns. This is of course an on-going concern and was addressed in "The Law of the Sea" international legislation, which stipulated among other things the 200 mile international coastal boundary.

There is no “tsunami bomb” though.

19. Templedragon

Templedragon Peace through Spirit

While I think it is ludicrous to suggest that the United States or anyone else created the naturally derived Tsunami, I have to agree that good ole' pressed rat never suggested such. He just posted something he thought relevant and thought provoking, as silly as it may be. Ya'll attack him pretty ferociously. Seems fairly intolerant to me. Doesn't he have a right to post his stuff too? Or am I missing something?

"It is unclear what happened to Project Seal once the final report was forwarded to Wellington Defense Headquarters late in the 1940s." is not all that provocative to me. It says it is unclear, and suggests nothing else as far as I can read. Ya'll sure are quick to stifle this guy, if ya ask me. Disagree with him, but I am taken aback with the lynching party here.

20. atropine

atropine Member

russia has the best weather weaponry..