Tryptamine Tidbits

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by porkstock41, May 9, 2013.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i wanted to make a thread to compare and contrast 4-substituted tryptamines. but i wouldn't be opposed if this thread became a place to discuss tryptamines in general.

anyone have any experience with 4-AcO-DET?
    or discuss your trips on 4-HO-MET. 4-HO-MiPT. 4-AcO-DMT. etc.

has anyone tried any simple tryptamines other than DMT? how about MiPT?

yesterday i spent almost 30 minutes figuring out how to number the positions of the rings in tryptamines. i couldn't figure out why they are 4-substituted. i guess you start on the N and call that position 1. then you move to the carbon closer to the Nitrogen chain, that's #2. next carbon is 3. then skip the shared carbon of the ring because it's fully occupied or something. and next is the 4 position where we find the OH of 4-HO-MiPT for example.

the only tryptamines i can compare are mushrooms, 4-AcO-DMT, DMT, and one experience with 4-HO-MiPT. i may have already done so to most peoples' satisfaction, so i'll stop here for now until this thread becomes a hit:sunny:

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

For the 4-sub tryptamines I have experience with 4-ho-dmt/ 4-po-dmt (via mushrooms), 4-aco-dmt, and 4-ho-dipt.

I find mushrooms and 4-aco-dmt pretty similar. The experiences both lead me to a spiritually oriented emotional place that fills me with awe and wonder. They both have a slow crescendo effect that sort of take me up to various plateaus and while I can find laughter on both of them and generally a joyous mood, I usually prefer solo tripping with them as they often feel very personal. The differences I find between them are mostly slight differences in the visuals, mushrooms seem to have an organic, wavy, runny feel to them and 4-aco-dmt with a smoother, sharper ethereal character. I often find mushrooms a more clouded headspace and more pronounced body trip and 4-aco-dmt more lucid.

I have only explored 4-ho-dipt once at a moderate dose. Compared to the others, it was extremely non-visual and the peak was significantly shorter as well. There was a sense of euphoria and ease that I felt on 4-ho-dipt that I have not felt on mushrooms or 4-aco-dmt, however it would alternate with moments of a weird mildly stimulating tension. The most notable qualities I felt with 4-ho-dipt was this soft, floating nursery aural psychedelia that was unique. There was a general tryptamine vibe to 4-ho-dipt but that was about all that it shared with Shrooms and 4-aco-dmt at the dose I took.

3. StoneFeather

StoneFeather Member

Mmm... tryptamine, my last two trips were on miprocin, it was quite an adventure. I'd have to say it was very wavy to say the least. The first time it got a bit out of control but I violated my most sacred rule and dosed on 28 mg when I wasn't vibing right. I was able to pull through and keep everything cool though. The second time was very enjoyable, I dosed on 28 mg again and ended up snorting 14 mg after 45 minutes, man was I frying face! But of course I had set and setting managed well in the second experience. I'm quite stoned on some dank indica so I'll leave the bulk of discussion up to you guys at the moment. I find these discussions entertaining anyways. I'll have to go through my notes sometime and make some posts. It's amazing what psychedelics can do for the human mind and soul. :)

4. porkstock41

i've been reading some good ol' erowid trip reports

this one's a doozy!
    http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=53384

i'm excited to try miprocin again. i tried it for the first time last friday, at 25 mg. it was "pastel-y" and i got a lot of trails. a sense of wonder and awe and joy.

i'd be interested to hear how your trip got outta control.

5. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

I just looked it up, and it appears that you're right. Interesting. I guess since one of those carbon atoms is shared by both rings you don't count it in naming as nothing could possibly be there anyway.

I'll try to drop some thoughts on tryptamines in this thread a little bit later, when I have more time. :)

6. porkstock41

took me forever to find an explanation for that, CS.
    found it on BL eventually. how long did it take you and where did you find it?

7. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

8. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

4-ho-met was interesting. not terribly unlike 4-aco-dmt, but a bit more physically stimulating [not a bad thing, not an excessively stimmy]. euphoric and engaging.

9. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

10. RiversClearwater

RiversClearwater Member

Was just curious if anyone else had experienced swelling akin to an allergic reaction from any tryptamines, ones containing the dmt backbone in particular. I've lost count of how many times I've done mushrooms now, but recently, within the past 3 or so years I get limb and hand/feet swelling when I do them; this never used to happen when I first was using them. I generally look "puffy" from the shoulders down. And it's not just my visual perception, I have shown sober friends or even have had them comment without pointing it out. This also happens whenever I smoke dmt; I don't get itchy at all and it never affects my throat area, just a weird sort of body reaction. It goes away much quicker with dmt obviously, but will last the majority of a mushroom trip, strange.

11. porkstock41

my brother looked really red and sweaty when he took 4-aco-dmt (36 mg is a large dose for a first timer)

that's not exactly the same as you, but similar maybe.

and my friend had that mini seizure episode on 30 mg 4-aco-dmt after taking LSD earlier in the day and drinking beer + liquor

12. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I usually get sweaty on psychedelics, but I have never assigned it to allergy. Sometimes I feel really hot, but third party people say that I look normal and that I don't seem to overheat.