trying to start a revolution

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ruinedshadow, Jan 24, 2005.

1. ruinedshadow

ruinedshadow Member

I just built a website for people who want to change the world. it has a forum chatroom and alot of other stuff by the time I'm through. it is meant to be a place for coordinating the efforts of protest groups enviromentalist and anyone who just wants the world to be a better place. if you are interested the address is http://www.moderndeconstruction.bravehost.com and if you have any suggestions about the sit contact me either through the information on my profile or on the site itself.

2. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

yeah just an FYI - URL CANNOT BE FOUND.

Also, what do you define as a revolution? Wasn't it revolution after revolution that got us where we are today??

Re-Evolution

Let's aim for an EVOLUTION this time . . .

3. ruinedshadow

ruinedshadow Member

I really don't know how do define what I'm trying to do because honestly I don't think anyone has tried to do it in this way before. I'm just sick of hearing everyone saying they want the world to change and never doing anything about it. If half the people who bitch about things would get up and make a stand it would help, and if they could all do it at the same time with support from each other than it might make a difference. I just wanted to try and do my part and it doesn't seem like anyone else is willing to do the same. and furthermore I fixed the link it should work now

4. redresonant

redresonant Member

hey i have your back keep it up and keep us informed....

5. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off negatively... I support what your doing too.

I'm going to get a diesel car and convert it to run on straight vegetable oil, and I've already started my own backyard garden which I eat my vegetables from thus buying less food that needs to be shipped from far off with fossil fuels.

keep your site going i think you got a good thing.

6. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

/ good on yer man . it can make a difference / peace /

7. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

dude youre good for actually gettin up and
    tryin to do somethin. this is awesome and ill
    do whatever! peace

8. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

You're not the only one who wants change... check out the link in my sig. I started that a few months ago - also because I was sick of people whining on here about wanting the world to change without wanting to do anything about it. Good luck with yours. Maybe we can link up to each other's sites.

9. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

This was my "daily wisdom" email i receive, today.

The first factor in the revolution of consciousness is the mystic death of the ego- the death of negative thinking, negative personalities. We must purify the soul of the inner enemies. Every time a defect manifests- envy, gluttony, anger, lust, whatever-that impulse to the heart. Ask, `Do I really need to invoke this?' And then honor the heart.
    —Willaru Huayta, QUECHAU NATION, PERU

10. kokoyo112

kokoyo112 Member

I will do it... I beleive we need a change! This world(or the United States at least) is too caught up in ego and other crap like that. People don't really care about each other.. People use other to get higher up in the ranks of the corporate world. There needs to be a change.

11. Sevenus

Sevenus Member

I started a similar site with similar goals myself not too long ago.
    Positive Change

The site is a wiki, so anyone can add to it.
    It is just started, so there is not much there yet 'cept for a rapidly growing links page and a (very) sparsely posted forum. Any input is appreciated.

I will link to both of your pages, ruinedshadow & purplesage.

I think that if everyone that wants things to change network together and share ideas talents and skills, we just might pull this off. Otherwise, we may all be doomed.

12. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

ORGANIZE and grow your message EXPONENTIALLY!

13. billisgod420

billisgod420 Member

WOW!!!!! this is absolutly amazing!!!!! i am 100% down for this!! the one thing i do need is all the information i can get from everyone interested in this with ideas on what steps should be made to get this off the ground!!! alright it maybe more than one thing, we need to be able to link everyone in the same states, or even more intricatly (im not a good speller so please just work with me) cities or "AREAS". im not a leader type, but i am a creative thinker. and with the right ideas thrown at me i think i might be able to come up with some solutions. please keep me informed as much as possible, anyone can e-mail me at billisgod420@yahoo.com just please put "hipforums" or anything that says "hippie" in the subject so i dont delete it. (i get but loads of junk mail). please let this work, i want to do everything i can to make this world a better place!!! rock on to all those who are sharing this dream!!!!

we need people who know a lot about how the gov. works!!

14. Sevenus

Sevenus Member

I am about to leave for mexico for the gathering (just got my passport today...), so I'm gonna need some help getting the site off the ground. I will have access to computers once in a while along the way, so I can still work on it, but I need some help. The idea is based on a cooperative collaberative open source effort, so the more input the better...
    bill: check out the links section under PIRG. There is a list of organizations that can link people in each province/ state.

15. billisgod420

billisgod420 Member

hey yogi for peace, i checked out the link in your sig on Morihei Ueshiba, very enlightening, keep it in your sig forever so other memebers can check it out. all those viewing this post give it a read!!

16. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

There are many groups out there working for revolution and social change. It's never going to be easy to organise against the mass power of the state. But get involved, make contacts with the wider left, get out on the streets, raise your voices, and never lose hope. We'll all be there when the day comes....

17. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

18. ruinedshadow

ruinedshadow Member

Thanks to everyone, especially those who are offering links. I'll soon be posting an interactive links page where anyone can add a link to a site that they feel would help others out. thanks for all the support.

19. Lights

Lights Member

I find it ironic that on your website advocating revolution are ads for the very things your revolting agaist.

Also, your choice of background and font color makes it hard to read (you have a flare directly behind yellow text; not good). Let me know when it gets more of the ground or if there's anything I can do to help (organization, ideas, hyper text markup language to fix that nasty font problem you have).

20. redresonant

redresonant Member