Trying To Help A Junky Kick

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by newbie-one, Oct 16, 2018.

1. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I'm trying to help a man in Scotland kick junk. I'm not sure if the NHS has much to offer.

The opiate withdrawal FAQ thread is not currently working.

One thing that I've heard about is the use of Immodium, which I think is also known as the generic loperamide. Is this actually a stepping stone to recover, or just a cheaper, safer alternative?

Any thoughts what might help?

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

Imodium treats a symptom of withdrawal...the symptom of shitting your pants....nothing else

heavy doses of edibles or heavy doses of valium.....for a solid 7 days...and then willpower..that is what has worked for friends of mine

Jondell and newbie-one like this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I heard that it's hard to treat that. Sorry to hear that. The person I knew who had withdrawals from heroin, got on Suboxone. SUBOXONE® (buprenorphine and naloxone) Sublingual Film (CIII)

I've only had weird symptoms from drinking too heavily, and even that wasn't kicking. I don't know what to suggest, honestly. You know who would know? The police. You could ask them what to do, but there's a chance that they might take the guy to jail or something.

Good luck! :)

EDIT: There is this site that looks like it might be able to give better advice than I...

Heroin Detox: The First Three Days Survival Guide

Jondell and newbie-one like this.
  4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

newbie-one likes this.
  5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I think he's got access to medication, it's just that the NHS doesn't offer much other than that

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll pass on the info.

6. James5111

James5111 Members

There is a plant that helps with opiate withdrawals. The plant is called voacanga. Below I will tell you what I know about it and how it helped me.

There is some science behind it although the exact mechanism of action is not well understood. The plant is in the ibogaine family which is known to have magical curative properties. Ibogaine was studied at the University of miami. It was shockingly effective but they gave up on it citing the fact that it was a hallucinogen and they could never get it approved by the FDA. Voacanga is a less potent form and has the same anti-addictive properties but is not illegal or hallucinogenic. I believe this will give him the boost he needs. It will instantly take away the residual withdrawals that he is still feeling. It actually repairs the receptors in his brain. I had a doctor describe ibogaine to me as scrubbing the damaged pathways and undoing the damage done from addiction. This is not ibogaine but it has the same molecules in it. It is strong enough to effect him immediately and since it's not too strong he can take it every day and as it builds up in his system he notice that the horrible addiction will fade. I felt like a new person in 8 days.

(On a side not: 15 years ago I went to a Dr in Mexico and did an ibogaine treatment. I time didnt have the money this time so I was searching online when I came across voacanga)

My experience: I have been dependent on opiates for the most part of 20 years. During almost all of it I was physical dependant. Smoking, shooting, snorting. I was highly functional for much of it. Most recently I blhave been on Suboxone for a couple of years and this time I cut down to 1mg of Suboxone and then stopped. It took 27 hours for that horrible feeling when withdrawals start. Once I was really uncomfortable I took 6 voacanga capsules and within 15 minutes that horrible feeling along with the dread of what seems like never ending torture was gone. I did not feel bad and was not tempted to dose with suboxone. I took nothing but 25-35 voacanga capsules a day for the first 4 days after stopping the subs and I never felt bad. Then I cut back. By the 8th day I was down to two and felt like a million bucks. Better then I had in years...I literally felt better the the last I was sober at 6 months. (I don't think it would be strong enough to eliminate withdrawal from high dose Suboxone or long term heroin use but it worked perfectly for 1mg of Suboxone after being on it for a couple of years. Although it will definitely had to reduces withdrawals symptoms no matter how severe the dependance.

The plant is a slight stimulant and I read numerous times it was used for hunting in Africa. It's mild stimulant. If your not withdrawing two capsules feels like drinking a strong cup of coffee

Voacana is cheap legal and available at multiple places by multiple vendors. I just checked and it's on eBay from a few of different suppliers. I bought it from a website called Opi-Cure.com. I know that one is legit but the ones on eBay looks like they might be good too. They all look similar regarding price per 500mg capsule. I strongly urge people to look into it. Hope this helps someone