tryin to hard

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by MoonjavaSeed, Jan 20, 2005.

1. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

i'm kinda think some of the new hippies are tryin to hard.. like all the effort and costs for patchwork clothes, the OH SO POPULAR dread thing, all these questions about how to be hippie.. i just don't get it anymore.. why?

2. spooner

spooner is done.

yeah nothing pisses me off more then a tryhard. its a common thing tho, and its not so much just new hippies as it is a common personality flaw.

3. MoonjavaSeed

haha... i dunno it just seemed when the movement in the 60s was goin on it was effortless. lol.

4. billyshears

billyshears Member

i agree i think people are more into the fashion side of things and looking cool than anything else.

5. DeadheadHippieForPea

DeadheadHippieForPea Member

haha i dont know were you guys live but in my town hippie and cool arnt used in the same sentence...lol i think you can tell if someone is trying to hard or just being them selves...i try not to dwell on things like that though..:) Peace and love

6. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

I know some people that i feel are trying to be to hard to be a hippie. For example, they dress and look exactly like a hippie, but instead of seeming peaceful and kind, they get drunk all the time, are loud, rude, and seem to have alot of hate in them...

7. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

I agree!
    You took the words right out of my mouth.:H

8. peaceful chaos

peaceful chaos Member

i myself am i hippie because of my belief in peace love and freedom not because of the way i dress why the hell should that matter but unfortanaley in todays society people are often judged by the way the dress or look,oh well just think of them as another illusion its all good

9. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

i don't really think it matters how people dress either.. i mean it is ridiculous to pay 70 bucks for a pair of pants to look a certain way, but what really matters is what's in that person's heart and soul. ya know?

10. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

hey we gotta have someone to sell pants, necklaces, weed and music to right?

11. Frog_On_Ice

Frog_On_Ice Watercolor Paradise

yeah try hards I don't get you know who you are by whats inside & it usually shows on the outside I mean its like walking down the street everyone you meet hey I'm a hippie my clothes have come about because I like playing & because I can't afford designer stuff & because I'm weird lol

12. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I don't like people that try to hard either. There sure are a lot of them out there! I wonder why because it's really not too "cool" to be a hippie anymore! But then again I try and think about the fact that a lot of those people really don't fit on anywhere else, and "hippies" are usually really accepting and non-judgemental. I think those people admire that and want to be that way, but haven't found how to be true to themselves. And there are some who are just trying too damn hard for reasons unknown.

Anyway I understand and I grit my teeth when I see people I know spend 60 bucks on a pair of patch pants while I'm diggin through the Salvation army bins to throw together something decent, but I try and be tolerate and hope they find their place in the world where they DON'T have to try to hard to fit in.

13. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

:H Duh harder uhzzez have 2 try 2 B cuul, duh uncuuler Uhzzez R,
    groove uhzzez HAIR and stay high, vuk duh dumb pigz statuz shit.:)

14. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

haha... wayfaringstranger is dead-on with this one. :D

everyone needs to make some money...

15. RainbowGrl4Jesus

RainbowGrl4Jesus Member

I know what you guys mean. I consider myself to be hippie, but you probably wouldn't know from just looking at me. This is the way I feel...if someone wants to burden themselves with trying to look a certain way, that's their business, but I don't choose to waste my energy on stuff like that.

16. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Most people try too hard at something.

17. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

eh..i dont noe why everyone makes a big deal 2 see whos a real hippy and whos NOT a real hippy..no matter how you are...hippies 2 me are jus understanding people who will talk and hang out with anyone ... who dont judge, and dont care what other people think and trying to do good and laidback, think outside the box, but dont think too hard or take life that seriously.

18. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

I understand where your coming from. And, though I hate to admit it I too was once similar to that sterotype. Granted, I didn't go around saying, "I'm so hippie" but when your 12 or 13 or so and trying to find your place, it's hard not to get completely wrapped up. As for these young flower children trying to hard, just do whatever flows through you, you'll find yourself. :)

19. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

i know what you mean considering some of those patchwork clothes are expensive as hell. personally, i wear old/patchwork/thrift store clothes cause i'm poor as shit and i'm not payin 50 bucks for a pair of fucking pants. not when i can make some clothes myself for practically free!

but yeah, you also gotta consider that people have to make a little money somehow, especially on tour.

humandraydel

20. MoonjavaSeed

there see.. you guys know what i'm talkin about.... :)