Try to explain this!

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by rjhangover, Jul 6, 2013.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

2. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Welcome to Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum
    Digging up the facts of God's Creation: One fossil at a time.

Ahh, anti-evolution site.... Texas, it figures.:rolleyes:

3. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I have scene t.v. news (1970s) where they make these . As I remember they cook them in donkey dung to make them look old . Eric Von Daniken , the chariots of the Gods guy had pics of theses in his books . They found the guy that had made the stones for Von Daniken , he had them carve pics of aliens and u.f.o.s ect. then make them look old , for his books .( 1970s) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Von_Daniken

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Really, you guys are just like the creationists that say the dinosaur bones were planted by atheists. Like some guy working for Daniken went to all the trouble of carving 45,000 stones and burying them with all these Inca. You don't need bible fairy tales, you've got your own, huh.

5. Gongshaman

You ain't got a link to the supposed "real stones" yours only shows casts, you got nothing.

6. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

It is possable that humans were around the same time dinosaurs were . The only thing I was saying was that there is a guy in Latten America making these stones . One can believe in God and think of the Bible as more of a nice book , but not the lit. truth . A few people think we were "seeded " hear by aliens , a few people think we are all just the left over thoughts living of the serfice of a black hole .

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

maybe they looked at bones or maybe they dreamed up fantasy creatures that happened to look like them. why is this a big deal that needs some big deal explanation?

8. Gongshaman

yep, Could be we are just energy, everything is just configurations of energy.
    All this seeming material physicality just an illusion.

9. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Thtread title says 'try to explain this'. So don't get offended when people try to do just that.

Just as plausible indeed :2thumbsup:

11. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Well it's better than the planted hoax conspiracy theory.

12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Flaming/Trolling/Stalking: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Repeated posts directed with hostility at a particular person or group of people on this site will be cause for banning. Any individual who chronically trolls, who regularly posts arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion will be banned. Please note: This does not rule out hate speech in general, just posts directed at our members. You are free to speak your mind on ANY subject not covered by these guidelines. Stalking another member for any purpose is not allowed. Stalking is defined as targeting another member and following them around the forums and confronting them in various ways (sexual advances, threatening, arguing, disrespecting, soliciting, etc.) in numerous threads or PMs.

Damn, I should be a moderator......:p

13. Gongshaman

Had this been presented as a curiosity to wonder about then cool, but it's put up as to discredit science and bolster the idea of creationism. Always a bad way to present "evidence" IMO

14. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

You need to get a grip on reality too. How is asking "How the hell did the Inca know about dinosaurs?" an attempt to discredit science? Try to resist the urge to be a troll tool.

15. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

In my earlier post I stated that Von Daniken used stones simular to these in his book . That they found the guy that had made them. (1960-70s some where ) It is my understanding these stones are made for tourists . Humans may have lived at the same time of the dinosuars , but it will take something like finding bones that can be carbon 14 dated to that time . On the Bible or any other reglious text , they were written by men/women as more of a moral code book . They serve to hold a society togher . With out the moral guide lines a reglious text offers there would be only anarky . Sory I am a bad speller and lost my dictonary .

16. Gongshaman

Well you've presumed that the inca indeed did know, while we're still debating the validity of said stones. The article you provided is far from informative, it simply states that dude found some stones and they have carvings that seem to depict several species of dinosaur, and that many anthropologist discredit the artifacts, and that the reader should make their own conclusion.

One thing I noticed is, one of these carvings appears to depict a triceratops, a species that is now being considered by some circles of scientists to have not even existed at all!

Science has been re-examining the notions of how dinosaurs actually looked and they are changing with every new discovery.

"Dinosaurs are not what they used to be. I’m not talking about birds being dinosaurs and all that, but about those extinct giants of the Mesozoic we all grew up loving. As new studies and discoveries are made, dinosaurs are becoming so much different from the way we always imagined them that, today, many of us have trouble recognizing even our childhood favorites.

I give you ten classic dinosaurs that have changed radically due to new paleontological discoveries. And they may still change a lot in the future! Note: each entry has two images – the first is the previous image of the dinosaur, and the second is the new. Dinosaur before and after shots!"
    http://listverse.com/2011/02/22/top-10-dinosaurs-that-arent-what-they-were/

17. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I could be wrong on this , but as I remember some one looked at the lines on some of the stones and found there was little or no oxadation proving they were morden . They just look too new and sharp to be very old .

18. Gongshaman

Now that I think about it, it is a pretty romantic notion...:daisy:

[​IMG]

(Special thanks to thanks to Paula Cobleigh for the primal background pic)

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Basilio Uschuya is a farmer who supplied the younger Cabrera with thousands of the stones.

Here is a nice explanation.
    Another site notes: