Trump's wall

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Visexual, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Visexual

Visexual Member

It looks like he'll declare an emergency. This is going to occupy Congress for months to come and little else will be accomplished. I still think that they should have just given the little guy his wall. The shutdown before cost twice as much and now we'll be spending billions more.

But I just read this in an article;

"The National Park Service estimates that if built today, the Washington Monument would cost $63 million, the Lincoln Memorial $59 million and the Jefferson Memorial $42 million."

You know, since he really just wants something to be remembered by, why not build him a monument? It'd be much less expensive and I think he'd like it more.

2. It's funny how emergencies just became a run-of-the-mill thing. What happens now when there's an actual emergency? Are people just going to be like, "Oh, bother, it's just another emergency. Pay it no mind."

Visexual likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Defcon 5

Visexual likes this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Trump as Chicken little – well he fits the description

Barry Thrift likes this.
  5. cindywarble

cindywarble Members

desperate cheeto youtube vid?

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I would love to hear some non-American perspectives on this situation. Other than the fact that you are all likely sick of hearing about Trump and his wall (and I don’t blame you).

Barry Thrift likes this.
  7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

It's a dumb solution to a made up crisis.

lode, McFuddy, granite45 and 5 others like this.
  8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

The wall is a band-aid solution that won't fully solve the problem in the long run. It'll be a partial solution at best.

Get rid of entitlement programs for illegals and non-citizens. That's a better solution.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Like what?

tumbling.dice likes this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

lefties are gonna left..

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I honestly had to laugh when I saw today he declared an emergency in order to go against the majority and gets his way. But yeah, only because I don't live there. It would be annoying living in a democracy with such flaws and such a president

12. Asmodean

His speech also sucks ass. Really, what kind of speech is that.. A kid in highschool could formulate better sentences with better argumentation. I'm not even exaggerating here

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

He sounds like a drunk man to me. He slurs his speech, he's incoherent

14. Asmodean

Boris Jeltsin did it better

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

It won't go anywhere. California has already sued the federal government over it (or has announced it will) and I bet the House Of Representatives does the same. It'll be a long drawn out thing and, hopefully, there will be a new president before it is settled. Crisis averted.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

nobody wants to use the proper doors.. from bathrooms to immigration. bunch of wackydoodles that have lost their common sense on this planet and orange man is bad.. its hilarious to watch actually.

Barry Thrift likes this.
  17. Asmodean

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.”

stormountainman likes this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Both the wall and the bathroom issue are nothing but conservative dog whistles. No one cared what bathroom anyone used until conservatives made such a big stink about it. Isnt that amazing, we survived all these years with transgender people quietly using whatever bathroom they wanted and it wasnt an issue and then,suddenly, it is? And we've survived all these years without a wall, we're experiencing a net outflow of illegal immigration right now, and the whole issue could be solved easily enough if Trump decided to go after businesses that hire illegal immigrants instead, but instead he says a wall is important despite never having been important before, and all of a sudden people want a wall because Trump told them to want one.

Dog whistles

It's hilarious to watch actually

19. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Trump's wall is on the way. It is brought to you by the same guy who brought you The Shutdown, The Hawaii Fake Missile Attack, and legalized Pink Slime.

granite45 and snowtiggernd like this.
  20. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member