Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

What it comes down to is that Trump and his followers are idiots and they listened to him when he claimed it would just go away.

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So we agree then, Obamas AFFH rules were racist

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

....and....

If you each start talking about what your respective state governors did or didn't do, your fellow Americans in other states won't really give a shit

Inslee, Cuomo and Whitmer are the persons most responsible for the current state of the pandemic in your country

Not that it really matters if every other country in the world goes through the same thing eventually

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Ok, so...

You think it's racist, but only when Obama does it? I'm sensing that you've got the wherewithal to recognize a problem with housing. But I'm not clear on whether you think it's some kind of partisan issue or something that one person in particular is guilty of.

It looks to me like you've identified some mistake that Obama has made and you want us to acknowledge that before you will acknowledge anything about fair equal housing or whatever. Is that it?

He was a great man in my estimation (Obama), but he's a career politician. In that line of work you have to make decisions that will make someone unhappy, or at least that make someone compromise on something they have feelings about. I believe he may have done that, sure. Do I think he was a scummy guy? No. That's bullshit.

6. soulcompromise

let me stop you...

I see what you're saying but we do have a federal government in ordinary circumstances. What I mean by that is... the Trump administration aside, we would use federal authority to govern in this case ordinarily.

If Trump tried to do something on the federal level, for one he's been impeached by the House. Ok, that aside... no one wants to listen to him because of his personality. Yes, we should put things like that aside, but he's pressing the issue and making it a federal case and politically correct and all of this stuff. He wants to force you to do whatever it is that he's trying to force. He's trying to force some issue here it would seem.

I think that people reject everything that comes out of your mouth when someone does stuff like that. So he's put us in a position where we can't do as he says because he doesn't resemble a leader to us. He looks like an ass.

So now you're saying that we've got it all wrong because our states stepped in when Trump wouldn't? I think that's what happened anyway. There was no federal mandate at any point that I'm aware of. He's avoiding that. I'm not sure why.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Good luck with that...

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Are you for real?
    Conversing with you is not really a logical activity as you just make things up as you go along.

We agreed that you are racist as you support racist housing practices.

I never said anything about Obama in my last post in this thread, this is a Trump thread.

erofant and Tishomingo like this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well again, when should he have acted, what should he have done

Just repeating vaguely worded phrases like 'Trump didn't act early enough' doesn't really mean anything

In the US's case, how the hell was he going to overule those state governors, how the hell was he going to convince people in all those other states to lockdown when they had no cases

I'm not interested in the partisan crap when it comes to the bat virus

Tell us what he was supposed to do and how, don't just keep repeating these same vague, nonsensical phrases

It's not just a US thing; China, Sth Korea, Vietnam, Thailand. These were the only 4 countries in the world able the stamp on the virus quickly enough in the initial stages. The first two with and unhealthy control of their private citizens well before the virus, the last three with decades of experience in controlling other infectious diseases. And three of them have had clusters popping up recently.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It's going to be racist either way, government steps in to try influence housing demographics, there will be one minority that gets preference over another

11. soulcompromise

Well..

I think he had a perfect opportunity to show us what he's made of and he blew it. He could have done a federal mandate. Had he done that democrats would have resisted. Lol. We'd catch coronavirus (which we do anyway...) but it would be because we refused to listen to the sage wisdom of President Trump! :D Lol

Tishomingo likes this.
  12. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

[
    The housing policy required communities that receive grants and housing aid to assess racial segregation in housing and offer plans to correct it.was designed to assess racial segregation in housing and offer plans to correct it. How on earth could a policy requiring that be considered racist?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  13. Tyrsonswood

Trump supporters: "Trump was just joking, nobody would do that..."

Also Trump Supporters: "Here, hold my beer..."

15 adults have been hospitalized after drinking hand sanitizer with methanol. Four died.

Idlewild, erofant and Tishomingo like this.
  14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    erofant and soulcompromise like this.
  15. Tyrsonswood

"Knocks it out, in.. like a minute" ~Donald J. Trump

erofant and hotwater like this.
  16. erofant

erofant Members

Like I've stated on here many times .......................... to the great dismay of one foreign TROLL .......................... it's ALL ON VIDEO and AUDIO TAPE.

All Rump's lies and bullshit are on full display for IRREFUTABLE PROOF of what he's said .............. ON VIDEO and AUDIO TAPE.

Technology really IS wonderful.

17. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

Trump could easily get the pandemic under control by requiring everyone to wear a facemask when around other people, but that would be "infringing on our rights."

Bleh. Too many idiots in the world.

erofant likes this.
  18. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The plan is easy to explain

You seem to have taken the typical right wing view that we plan to live like this forever. When the reality is that had America acted like Europe they would not need to do what they are doing now. The situation is always made worse by them and rather then see their own actions they use it as justification for them.

For example right now the same people who hoarded are saying

How are you stooping the virus by doing whatever you want? Because herd immunity has been disproven

erofant likes this.
  19. erofant

erofant Members

And it's now proven that one can get Covid-19 more than once. Numbers of people already HAVE had repeat infections. Herd immunity for Covid-19 is NOT like being immune to Chicken pox.

20. soulcompromise

As they argue (Congress) and we wait, I'm beginning to wonder... How much stimulus is really necessary. We should lock the thing into a living wage. Figure out what we need.

I'm trying to see where the republicans are coming from. Because it feels like we're looking at two different scenarios when really there's only one situation - that of CoViD-19 in the United States of America (well... globally too.). Are there two different sets of facts circulating? Two different living wages?

I think they should figure out what will be the most comfortable for American families during these trying times and draw the line at what's realistic and affordable.

That brings up another point: The entire realm of affordable is dramatically different when you look at the different ways to pay it down. Granted, we won't be out of the hole on this one for years to come. But if they add a few cents to the dollar in sales tax for example it would be paid fairly quickly. Is two cents on the dollar disincentive to make purchases? Not if you consider some the nature of the American citizen, and the necessity factor (people will buy what they need).

So why are we chicken about this? We need to do it! :)