Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I don't sanitize groceries at all...

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

we have a bottle of 409 and a stack of old wash rags... before it comes in the house, it's sprayed and wiped down. lol

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I've kind of relaxed my health protocols too but I am lucky to live in a low infection areas. It's still high compared to neighbors but not as bad as Trump land.
    People confuse respecting reality with an overreaction.

To deniers of the virus the light switch is either off or on. There can be no middle ground. Because the virus does not kill 99% of the people it infects and spread that easily compared to some other viruses everything about it is a lie. People who take any sort of caution have given up their peace of mind. I prefer to have peace through smart decision making not having such an "open mind" that can see any lie my brain falls out.

Trump does love the poorly educated.

4. Tyrsonswood

radical overkill....

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thats not science

There would be thousands of guys (and gals) around the world that would actually be more qualified than him, ones that are currently studying this virus and who have been in the lab studying similar viruses. 10s of thousands of doctors actually treating the patients

They are the ones that will come up with the facts

That is "science"

6. soulcompromise

:D

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

How so? All three are from the same family of coronaviruses

Stating something extremely vague, then claiming I was wrong, isnt much a point

Sounds more like Tishomingos river in Africa

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No reason to go into any further detail, you know I’m right, and so do I.

Tishomingo likes this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lets go over the plan again. Because there are several cities across the world in their 2nd lockdown

Manila, Melbourne, Manchester...they all have to start with M apparently.

Anyhoo

They come out of lockdown again, a couple weeks later, what happens.....cases go up again

Shrugs

Can you or anyone else actually articulate what the current "plan" actually is?

Lockdowns, face masks, beneficial yoga poses...whatever. Anything in this plan, that no one actually seems to be able to articulate, that is going to stop the virus?

10. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

All of the above except the yoga poses seem to be slowing the spread. Add to that social distancing and handwashing. That's not chopped liver.

11. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

It's the ones who credibly communicate the facts who make the difference. Fauci is Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, thrust into national prominence when Trump used him during his early briefings on Covid-19, just as Trump used Dr. Birx. They're wonderful so long as they're useful to him, but if they cross him he turns on them and his pack of goons, present company included, go after them. So obvious you're just parroting the party line, whatever that may be at the moment. If there are scientists in their labs who know more than Fauci and disagree with him, by all means bring them out and let's hear the straight scoop from them. So far, all Trump has been able to come up with is that quack Stella Immanuel, who believes in witchcraft and a plot being carried out to vaccinate people against being religious,

MeAgain likes this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I will ask again

Anything in this plan that is going to stop the virus?

Shrugs

13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

So you want it stopped cold? We'll have to wait for a vaccine for that. Meanwhile, slowing the spread as much as possible is the best we can do. I'll take it. Got a better plan? Maybe guzzle a bottle of hydrochloroquine that your hero is still pushing, but the scientists seem to think is ineffective and harmful, or trying a magic potion from Trump-endorsed"Doctor" Stella Immanuel. Why don't you try it, and see how it works for you?

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So, you think a vaccine will stop the virus

.....and you call Trump supporters idiots?

Okey dokey

As for slowing down the virus, number of daily new cases worldwide has tripled since April, how much do you think we have slowed the virus by since April?

Shrugs

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Either the lockdown nonsense is going to end in a mostly peaceful mass display of civil disobedience across the world, people throwing eggs, fruit, mud at the cops when they show up to try fine people outside

Or it will keep building up and just explode. The trouble with that one is that its also a great time to try bring down the current government at the same time; not talking about the US there, but Lebanon, Chile, Israel, France, Thailand etc etc

16. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

How much do you think we've followed medical advice on testing, social distancing, hand washing, mask-wearing, etc.? There have been countries which have made pretty spectacular progress in reducing the numbers of cases and deaths--much more so than the U.S., where the idiot president holds sway.
    Which Countries Are Handling The COVID-19 Crisis Best? New Public Opinion Data Offer Answers
    What Do Countries With The Best Coronavirus Responses Have In Common? Women Leaders
    Countries with the best COVID-19 responses are led by women leaders
    Why South Korea Is Far Ahead of the United States in COVID-19 Fight
    What South Korea Teaches The World About Fighting COVID

There are also hopeful signs on a vaccine.
    How the world made so much progress on a Covid-19 vaccine so fast
    We’re Making Exciting Progress In Developing Covid-19 Drugs
    Vaccines don't eliminate viruses, but they can be effective against them. Of course, if people refuse to be vaccinated, they won't be nearly as effective against the disease at large. We've never made a successful vaccine against a corona virus, but we can hope.

Refresh my memory. Wasn't it you last winter who was suggesting the virus was a hoax, and then telling us it would be easily controlled in the U.S.?

17. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How soon before Hephatrump runs out of 'medical experts' ???

'Pathetic!': Trump accuses Birx of agreeing with Pelosi's criticism of pandemic response

Aug 4th 2020 9:14AM

President Trump on Monday tweeted what appeared to be an attack on Dr. Deborah Birx, the coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, for agreeing with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi over the administration's approach to the pandemic.

"So Crazy Nancy Pelosi said horrible things about Dr. Deborah Birx, going after her because she was too positive on the very good job we are doing on combating the China Virus, including Vaccines & Therapeutics," Trump tweeted. "In order to counter Nancy, Deborah took the bait & hit us. Pathetic!"

It's unclear who or what Trump considered "pathetic", though the context suggests it was Birx for, in the president's view, taking Pelosi's "bait" and agreeing with the speaker.

In a closed-door meeting with White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin last week, Pelosi reportedly accused Birx of spreading disinformation about the coronavirus crisis, calling her the "worst" and adding that they were in "horrible hands" with her.

Pelosi repeated her criticism on ABC's This Week on Sunday.

"I think the president is spreading disinformation about the virus, and she is his appointee," Pelosi said. "So I don't have confidence there, no."

On CNN's State of the Union, Birx dismissed the suggestion that she has been painting too optimistic a view of the pandemic.

Birx also took issue with a New York Times article that characterised her as the "chief evangelist for the idea that the threat from the virus was fading."

"I have never been called Pollyannaish or nonscientific or non-data driven," Birx said. "And I will stake my 40-year career on those fundamental principles of utilising data to really implement better programs to save more lives."

In the same interview, Birx said the country is in a "new phase" of the pandemic, and warned that projections showing more than 300,000 American deaths from coronavirus by the end of the year could become reality. There have been more than 4.6 million confirmed Covid-19 cases in the United States, according to Johns Hopkins University, and over 154,000 deaths.

"What we are seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread," Birx said. "Anything is possible if we don't have all — you know, public health is called public health because it has a public component. And we need all of the public to help us get control of this virus."

Tishomingo likes this.
  18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

"Second, and more importantly, South Korea took proactive measures to test its people, even those without symptoms, through contact tracing. In addition to having every confirmed patient quarantined immediately, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention—using big data, such as cellular data, credit card usage information, and surveillance camera footage—traced the infected person’s steps to locate everyone that he or she had come into direct contact with. All of these contacts were then tested, even if they had no symptoms."

That kind of Big Brother shit wouldn't have been allowed in your country or mine. Sth Korea and China aren't the best examples. They would have been using face reg software for the cctv and their authorities the have access to personal information on citizens with no criminal records

And to what end? All they have to do now is close themselves off from the rest of the world forever

Which in itself would depend on the whole population volunteering to go along with it or being forced to

And even then, how ever many years and how ever many trillion Won later all it takes is a truckload of trafficked infected human or crew of a container ship to undo everything

The WHOs most recent estimate for the Infection Fatality rate puts it at a :

1 in 62,500 chance of death for Under 50 yr olds
    1 in 714 chance of death for 50-64 yr olds
    1 in 18 chance of death for 65+ yr olds

0.6% on average across all ages

So pick a number for when a vaccine comes along, how effective will that vaccine have to be with 65+ year olds especially so we can all open up international borders, holiday wherever we want and go back to normal: 25% effective? 50% effective, 99%?

99% effective still means a 1 in 1800 chance of dying from the effects of the virus for 65+

And all of that is only true if its the virus itself doing the killing, no one has worked out yet why the T cell counts in patients is dropping ( what is actually doing most of the killing)

Neither myself or President Trump ever said the virus was a hoax

As for how well you have controlled it, back in March the Imperial college of London, in a report backed by Fauci that spurred Trump and Boris Johnson to act, they said by August 1st, there would be 1.1 million deaths in the US with full restrictions, 2.2 million deaths without. Fauci and the folk at the Imperial college of London are all "experts" so you have to listen to them, thus I think youll agree 160,000 at this stage is a far better result that either 1.1 or 2.2 million deaths

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  19. soulcompromise

I like what you have to say about the numbers from WHO.

It's making more sense now that I think about it that we're really f%^& after 50; especially 65+. The reality is that when you've eliminated the virus in under 50s, you've done a great deal to reduce infection in those 50+, 65+ etc. because won't there be fewer contagious young people? I guess what I'm saying is I wonder if the antibodies from the virus take care of some of that contagion...

That seems unlikely, sir...

Tishomingo likes this.
  20. Tyrsonswood

"This is their new hoax, people" ~ Donald J. Trump

Tishomingo likes this.