Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Started off in New York and Washington

Cuomo and Inslee are more responsible than anyone else in the US

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

High population areas with international travel. Liberal areas have more reason for people to travel there. Local officials don't have the power of the president. He could wear a mask. He could go on Fox news today and endorse it but he won't.

Flagme15 likes this.
  3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

There is no evidence to suggest that COVID-19 virus is a biological weapon. Scientific evidence suggests the COVID-19 virus spilled over from animals to people.

The problem is it’s really difficult to prove either way unless you have firsthand information.

If China wanted to weaponize the novel coronavirus, they would not manipulate the virus because it would leave a signature. They would infect someone with the natural virus, and have that person spread it in areas of high population density like New York City

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    granite45 and unfocusedanakin like this.
  4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I posted the map to illustrate how badly the East coast was hit in the New York, New Jersey area. The outbreak came from flights into those area from Europe. Philly was also hit hard.

PA borders those two states and is heavily tied into the North Eastern travel and goods corridor.
    PA was able to contain the spread from reaching Harrisburg, to a very large extent, as Harrisburg is a major transportation center with intercity rail lines running to New York city, Lancaster, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Altoona, and Johnstown. Similar bus routes exist as well as major highways such as I 81, I 76, I 83, I 283, and routes 11, 15, and 22 all converging in or around the city. All leading to the above cities as well as Baltimore, Washington D.C. and all points south on the East Coast.
    Harrisburg is the 4th largest freight market in the entire United states.

Major outbreaks at the trucking terminals, rail lines, and intermodal yards in Harrisburg could have spread to the entire state and Eastern metro area.

The area also hosts Hershey Park, the Ford, Chrysler, and Chevrolet National car meets, the largest antique car show in the world, and many other major events.
    Our Democratic Governor Tom Wolfe, did and is doing an excellent job in relation to the virus.

Balbus and erofant like this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I agree, I meant Trump voters think China attacked Trump. The virus is a matter of political opinion now.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The idea that they knew about it months or years before anyone else, were studying it in that lab, one worker fucked up and it spread at a nearby market....

That is not crazy at all. Quite possible that's exactly what happened

7. hotwater

It’s possible but very difficult to prove unless a whistle-blower who worked at the lab defects to the United States,
    armed with evidence and firsthand knowledge of the events leading to it's spread.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

VG never believes this kind of stuff, though...

Flagme15 likes this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'd go with incompetence on behalf of the Communist Chinese government up until the point it hit Iran, Italy and New York

But since then, their actions have been suspect

Mass Cyber attacks, India conflict, Sth China sea and taking over Hong Kong all under the Coronavirus cloak

10. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Didn't that dick head in the White House say, earlier this year, that by Summer the Covid - 19 virus would die off in the warm weather ??? - I wonder if he or any of his acolytes on here can defend the fact that the US has today reached a new record - 65,000 new 'covid - 19' cases in a day !!!

Idlewild and Flagme15 like this.
  11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

They're (China is) now reporting there's a new pneumonia happening in Kazakhstan. It's more deadly than coronavirus. No one is comparing it to MERS. I don't know what to believe because Kazakhstan denies it.

It sort of feels like this administration's response has been to try to hide the severity or limit political/media exposure and/or fallout from the CoViD-19. I'm starting to feel like it's win at any cost for them. I don't know about their proponents. If polling is any indication though, I think some of the support network is singing a different tune now that this condition is getting so bad/reopen failure has become a reality.

erofant likes this.
  12. erofant

erofant Members

Rump's response to Covid-19 pandemic??? 100% total disaster.
    If this is just now sinking in to our population - I'm truly worried about the future of our country. Why have so many not realized this disaster sooner??? The medical experts warned that re-opening too quickly would lead to rapid community spread of Covid-19 !!! And that we should ALL still be wearing masks!!!

If any of us is walking in the snow, and we come upon a bloody trail of body parts, corpses, drag marks, etc. - who among us will follow that bloody trail??? But so many have followed and continued on Rump's path of disease and death. W ....... H ....... Y ?????

soulcompromise likes this.
  13. hotwater

Well Trump did ask Xi Jinping of China to help him win reelection:

Perhaps the Chinese Government was just a bit too clever.

Lets create a novel coronavirus which will sweep across the globe killing hundreds of thousands of people, but will spare the United States
    through the genius of Donald Trump.

Trump being the great tactician he is will be fully prepared, he will have stockpiled millions of PPE to be distributed to each state as the need arises.
    His administration will have formulated a plan, backed by good science, which will include a nationwide mandatory lockdown, Hundreds of portable testing facilities
    will be set up throughout the country staffed by experts. His administration will mandate the use of masks and social distancing, set up a series of 1-800 hotline numbers to help citizens deal with stress related matters, and hired 50 thousand contract tracers.

With less than 10,000 deaths in the US Trump will sweep to victory in the November election - what could go wrong?

14. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

I'm wondering if North Korea will join the hacking party this November.

erofant likes this.
  15. hotwater

Well he is bosom buddies with Kim Jong-un, but let’s not leave out Russian President Vladimir Putin, nor Brazilian leader Jair Bolsonaro
    who still have their part to play

16. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

We're number one! We're number one! U.S.A! U.S.A!!!

The really dumb thing about Trump's policies is, he's killing off his base. I don't think that's winning strategy.

erofant, walkoflife and granite45 like this.
  17. erofant

erofant Members

Boy ......................... is that ever the truth. The people in the ............... " I'm not wearing any mask!! It's all a hoax. No one's telling tell ME I should wear a mask. Masks are for pansies and snowflakes!!!" ......... states are the ones getting clobbered now. And it's because of what Rump has been saying all along ON VIDEO and AUDIO TAPE. They follow him like LEMMINGS going over a cliff.

Sooooooo many deaths on Rump's hands. Soooooooooo many hospitalizations. Such devastation to the U.S. economy ......................... and it could have been reduced big-time if we only had a national strategy combined with a national advertising barrage explaining how & WHY we need to shut down, wear masks, avoid crowds, sanitize, etc. Instead ....................... we got down-playing, mocking, ridiculing, casting doubts, name-calling, politicizing of a disease (!!!), and spreading wrong, misleading information from Donald J. Rump. And he continues to do so today. Rump attacks the CDC, NIH, Fauci, and all the other experts who actually know how to combat an infectious disease.

Other countries that did the CORRECT things have MUCH lower death rates, hospitalizations, and are back to somewhat "normal" activities. Can some people not see this difference?? Or are they just refusing to admit they were wrong about RUMP??????

walkoflife and granite45 like this.
  18. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

Don't forget that now he's rerouting data meant for the CDC to the White House for inspection. Which is about as ridiculous of a move as I've ever heard.

erofant and granite45 like this.
  19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Trump want's to defund the testing.... What could go wrong?

erofant likes this.
  20. erofant

erofant Members

It's called "censorship for political expediency of the one in the White House." If he can control the case numbers announced to the public ....................... he can make himself look better before election day. ( I choose to think "day of reckoning" ). PROFESSIONAL LYING attempt by the president of the U.S.A.