Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

None of your usual circular crap. Just answer the question, you or anyone else for that matter

Can you find me one single sentence uttered by Dr Anthony Fauci that contained information no one else knew?

Just one single sentence, that's all I am asking. It should be easy

wrat likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It's different. He's an official. What he says carries authority.*

Whether anyone else knows that coronavirus is on the increase in reopened areas of the United States is less important if not wholly irrelevant.

Are we discounting Fauci because you find him inconsistent? You seem to feel like he's being dishonest.

I feel like he's appraising the reality and presenting it to the public in a way that will generate and appropriate sustained response. I don't think it's dishonest.

Because no sooner do you tell the public 'all clear' then 200 people in a rest home are infected.

Flagme15 and Balbus like this.
  3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

I ask again

Do you honestly think the medical profession in the free world on this subject are all working in secret and so not communicating together? So that Fauci has to do it on his own of course he is reading other research thats how it works.

Have you ever played the board game Pandemic – it would be a good teaching tool for you to realise that there are many different levels involved in these things it not one solo Fauci doing everything.

Its also a great game

Pandemic (board game) - Wikipedia

ZenKarma likes this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Once again VG has skewed the numbers to his advantage ignoring the elephant in the room, that being the tri-state area of NY State,
    Connecticut, and goddamn New Jersey.

The virus was so rampant in those states that they accounted for the vast majority of cases and deaths throughout the country,
    Those states have not only flattened the curve they’ve bent it as such that the daily numbers are now in free-fall.

Eliminate those states from the equation and the numbers throughout the country are rising precipitously

erofant likes this.
  5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Hot

Once again I’m really not sure what VG's argument is or even if it has one

MeAgain, ZenKarma and hotwater like this.
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ok, thank you, that is actually answering the question

If he is just repeating other people's work, one could easily replace him with Kermit the Frog and the information presented would be the same, as either would just be repeating other people's work

7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

If Kermit was a doctor, professor and world renowned immunologist

As I keep telling you – what is important is understanding and thinking about a subject or issue not just blurting something out that you don’t have a clue about - as I’m sorry to say you so often do – I mean you are well known here as someone who runs away from debates because you don’t know what you are talking about.

Flagme15 likes this.
  8. hotwater

Remember just a couple of weeks ago it was 8 states that reported rising numbers of COVID-19, then 12 states, then half the states, now it’s 33 states and the US territories

Thirty-three states and U.S. territories reported a higher rolling average than last week

New coronavirus cases continued to rise in many parts of the United States, as seven states — Arizona, Arkansas, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas — reported record-high numbers of hospitalizations since the pandemic began. Thirty-three states and U.S. territories reported a higher rolling average than last week. Even as case numbers climb, the federal government is poised to stop providing federal aid to testing sites in some hard-hit states, including Texas, where new cases have spiked sharply in recent weeks.

BTW

China, meanwhile, revealed that it has tested at least 90 million people, more than three times the number tested in the United States.

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Hot

Well testing and tracing is the best way to protect the people and open up the economy BUT the thing is many on the right don’t seem to care about protecting the people only about opening up the economy so wealth can begin making money again.

Those with money are not the ones having to travel on overcrowded public transport or stuck right next to people in offices and factories.

It just amazes me that once again so many seem willing to go against their own interests and instead favour the interests of wealth.

erofant and hotwater like this.
  10. wrat

wrat Member

Pop of china 1.4 BILLION

Pop of US 328 MILLION

percentage wise I wager testing is close to par

11. hotwater

The point is once again the President lied, or was severely misinformed as to the number of tests China has conducted, when he boasted the US does more testing than any other country.

Once again he has proven to be full of it.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What are you talking about?, it does translate to a higher percentage of Americans that have been tested

Chyna: 90m /1.4 billion = 6.5%
    USA: 30m/330 million = 9.1%

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

13. wrat

wrat Member

Do you think China has been 100% transparent as to the virus in any way shape or form?

14. hotwater

So anyone who contradicts trump is either wrong or simply misinformed?

Ever hear of Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite, David Koresh, Shoko Asahara?

Flagme15 likes this.
  15. hotwater

No I don’t believe China has been transparent, and has already acknowledged they lied about the origins of SARS-CoV-2 at a wet market in Wuhan.

16. wrat

wrat Member

ok so its not only possible but likely that China lied about the number of people tested/infected/died...
    so its probable that We (US) in fact tested more or on par at least so in that regard he was NOT proven wrong, not to say he is not full of shit on lots of shit BUT in this instance it appears he was at least close to being right which is a miracle in and of itself but even a broken clock is right 2x daily

17. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Fauci is not a parrot, as you would like us to believe. He doesn't just repeat stuff he's heard with no understanding, reflection, or thought.

He's been in public health for over fifty years...although experience doesn't count in your world.
    An advisor to every president since Reagan,
    And it goes on and on...accomplishment after accomplishment.

But it seems you'd rather hear from Trump, no one at all, or Polly the Parrot.

Balbus likes this.
  18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So I back you into another logic corner and to try and cover up you were wrong, you now mention Jim Jones of all people to try distract us

Trump said US has done more testing than other countries. You said that was a lie
    When it is true

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So, once again, I will ask

Can ANY of you, give me one single sentence uttered by Fauci about Sars-CoV-2 that contains information no one else knew?

I will assume now that since you all keep avoiding the question, the answer is indeed it doesn't exist

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

90 million tests in 5 months is 4 1/2 million a week they are producing, that sounds extraordinary, but not impossible

But then combined with the facts that many other countries stopped using Chinese made tests because of inaccuracies, I'd have serious doubts about 100% of those tests being accurate

China still can't produce baby formula it's citizens trust and we are expected to believe they are pumping out 4.5 million quality Covid tests a week?

wrat likes this.