Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

According to exit polls, 61 percent of non-college-educated white voters cast their ballots for Republicans while just 45 percent of college-educated white voters did so. Meanwhile 53 percent of college-educated white voters cast their votes for Democrats compared with 37 percent of those without a degree

America Is Divided by Education

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Education or dishonesty?

The thing is you don’t have to be uneducated to support Trump or right wing policies BUT educated people usually can give rational arguments for why they are doing things or supporting certain ideas and I’m sorry to say that in my experience on the whole those that support right wing ideas and especially those giving their support to Trump can’t do that.

But the big thing about been uneducated is that people don’t have to remain so it is possible to become educated.

A good way is through debate - so if in a debate someone finds they cannot answer a question or defend a position in any rational or reasonable way an honest person would wonder why and if they can’t find out why they would realise that idea was probably incorrect or flawed and so would change or drop that viewpoint, that is how people become educated, grow and achieve enlightenment.

The problem is that many on the right display a certain amount of unconscious wilful ignorance - A decision in bad faith to avoid becoming informed about something so as to avoid having to make undesirable decisions that such information might prompt.- they are being dishonest to themselves

BUT there are those that promote right wing ideas that are fully conscious of the flaws in the ideas they push and such people are simply dishonest.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    scratcho and erofant like this.
  3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I wasn't raging … I was stating a fact. Trump said he loves his under-educated supporters HIMSELF. It is common knowledge in America that Republicans are stupid and lack sufficient education.

pineapple08 and Flagme15 like this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Show me where Trump said that

5. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

trump appeals to the kind of people who believe everything is black and white. This type of thinking does not allow constructive criticism. The response to criticism is usually an ad hominem.

scratcho, erofant and stormountainman like this.
  6. stormountainman

During his 2016 campaign he said it plain as day and right on TV … right in front of the camera. Here on Hipforums there are pages full of comments on that particular statement by your fake blond hair hero. Go back and read through them.

scratcho and Flagme15 like this.
  7. stormountainman

This morning I saw on TV that Trump is calling for the shooting of protesters in Minnesota. He did not call for the shooting of the white protesters who took their guns to the Michigan government buildings, and he issued a pardon to the white jackasses who occupied a federal facility in Oregon. Only when protesters are Black, Trump calls for shooting on site.

erofant and granite45 like this.
  8. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Does Trump like stupid people?

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

10. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Low information people.

11. erofant

erofant Members

This what all Rump supporters try to do. When facts kick them in the balls - they pivot and deflect onto some other point, or start calling names, blame Obama for anything & everything, bring up the Clintons (who were probably the reason the Roman Empire fell too). They start spewing bullshit and throw it in all directions, to distract and deflect focus from the FACTS. Irrational, baseless claims work for a number of people …………. and why??? Because they are under-educated and easily swayed. Don't bother them with facts while they're too busy ranting and raging over the lies and distortions they readily latch onto.

I'll give you a very CLEAR example.

Remember all the boisterous raging about the individual mandate to require all people to contribute some amount of money into the health care system?? Remember all the calls of "Tyrant", "Dictator" "Trampling on the Constitution" "Taking away MY freedoms by government order"???? Remember those???

Well ……….. Point #1 first. - How many people who drive have car insurance?? Is it your choice to buy it - or is it by government order that ALL drivers must have car insurance?? Why no foaming-at-the-mouth screaming about car insurance??? Gonna grab your guns and head for the State Houses in each state?? It's a government mandated requirement ………… so saddle-up meat-heads.

Point #2 - I've PERSONALLY heard so many people bitching about "free-riders" who bleed the system over the years. They bitch that they're paying the freight for those who don't pay into "the system." How many MILLIONS of people were bitching about constantly rising health-care costs, & out-of-pocket expenses? Well ……………… if you think everyone should pay their own way for health-care …………… and not "stick you" with those rising premiums to cover their un-insured asses ……………………… WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD THE BITCHERS THEN RANT & RAGE ABOUT THE OBAMA-LED PUSH TO MAKE EVERYONE PAY SOMETHING INTO "THE SYSTEM"???
    Those constantly-rising health-care premiums and out-of-pocket-expenses are the direct result of those with insurance - paying for those who have NO insurance. The ones who are "bleeding the system" ………. and you …….. dry.

This is exactly like bitching that you're soaking wet .………… and then repeatedly jumping in a lake. Whose dumb-ass fault IS IT????? YOURS ………….. for being stupid!!!!!

Just TRY to give a logical end-run escape around those facts.

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  12. stormountainman

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"show me where trump said that." Then post 2229 does exactly that and THE GORILLA IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. 100% troll.

stormountainman and Tyrsonswood like this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

"We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated. We’re the smartest people, we’re the most loyal people, and you know what I’m happy about? Because I’ve been saying it for a long time. 46% were the Hispanics—46%, No. 1 one with Hispanics. I’m really happy about that.*

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

In a way, you could also make it seem he said 46% of Hispanics were poorly educated

16. stormountainman

Which Hispanics? Do you mean the Hispanics in cages? … The undocumented ones working at his private golf club?

17. stormountainman

I would like to know the % of voters who would like to see all the DVDs and VHS videos William Barr collected from Epstein's houses. I just bet there is one or two of Trumpy.

erofant likes this.
  18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, a reminder of what YOU said

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Those aren't terribly divisive numbers, they are mirrored around the world

Do you have figures for what percentage of undergrads who did STEM (real) degrees and vote conservative vs those that took the easy way out and did arts and history degrees so they could smoke a lot of pot and still vote liberal throughout their life?

;)

WritersPanic likes this.
  20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

why I want to major in math ^

;)

WritersPanic likes this.