Trump's Far-Right Twitter Storm

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joshua Tree, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Jo Cox widower: Trump 'legitimising' hatred

Screenshot_20171202_084907.png

Screenshot_20171202_085103.png

Screenshot_20171202_085139.png

Assuming these videos are real, what was Trump's purpose in retweeeting them? He's hardly looking to smooth over relations with the Muslim world. Give your populace an enemy to hate and they'll forget that you're screwing them up the arse.

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Exactly. It's the typical tactic of demagogues. As for the assumption, it depends on what you mean by "real". The bottom one, the attack on the handicapped man, which happened in the Netherlands, was said to be an attack by a Muslim immigrant. But that was false. The perpetrator was neither Muslim nor an immigrant--just a guy with dark hair. So the President of the United States is retweeting a blatant falsehood designed to inflame hatreds against Muslims and immigrants. The middle one, of a Muslim destroying a statue of the Virgin Mary, was from an ISIS propaganda video. So the President of the United States is retweeting ISIS propaganda. Nice. The top video, showing a Muslim mob throwing teenagers off a roof and beating one of them to death is out of context. It happened in Egypt during the turmoil leading to the coup d'etat that brought the present military regime to power. The mob were members of the Muslim Brotherhood , so yes, they were Muslims. So were the victims. The perpetrators were arrested by Muslims on the side that became the government. And the point is? But hey, the tax cut bill for corporations and billionaires is sailing through Congress. What else matters?.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

maybe his retweeted them to educate some of his tweet followers

some people are so focussed on their own lives they have no idea what is actually happening in the real world

some people even assume those videos arent real

4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

If he wanted to "educate" his tweet followers, he would have done better to tweet accurate information. The information he tweeted is so misleading as to qualify as disinformation, and was obviously reckless or more likely deliberately intended to deceive.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

he could post about flowers and cupcakes and still everyone would complain so maybe he just doesnt give a fuck

maybe its not even him controlling the twitter account

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You just know BBad follows Trump on twitter and likes every post. Maybe even a retweet now and again?

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Maybe it's Darth Vader or the Ghost of Christmas past. Maybe Trump really tweeted out good tidings for Christmas, and people misinterpreted him. Or maybe he's just an evil bigoted demagogue. I think the latter is the more plausible alternative. Maybe, Maybe. Maybe the trolls are bored and restless .

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  8. Kath1

Kath1 Members

Such a racist, sexist assohle.

Kerri likes this.
  9. Okay, so this is so funny that what? We've got to take the Middle East for some reason. The oil? Gimme a break, man. You are future man. Clean gas? You think people will buy that? Well, so long as the environment wasn't destroyed.

I don't know, though. Everything is natural, I guess. Maybe we're just making this all up because we didn't like it when there used to be black plumes coming out of pipes. Maybe we actually fixed the problem and are just so concerned about God's punishment of us that we're trying to make up a scientific scenario that explains what is being threatened.

10. Joshua Tree

I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a fuck. But do you? Are you happy for the US President to promote hate against Muslims?

The tweets are still on his account. He could have had them deleted if he'd wanted to. And he hasn't apologised or retracted them. This is a statement from a White House press briefing about it:

White House: Trump did not know about Britain First leader when he shared videos

So Trump's excuse is that he is raising awareness of the evils of the world. Interesting though as Okiefreak says that he fell for an ISIS propaganda video. Says a lot about the man's psyche.

11. Kerri

Kerri Members

That wouldN’t matter. He’s the president - his statements are the official word. He’s 100% responsible for them

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

if you see it as hate against muslims and not hate against terrorists then thats your problem..not his

i like that his tweets probably gave a few sheltered americans a small snippet of what goes in the real world while they fight at the local walmart for fingerlings and hatchimals

Cashtwenty2 likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I miss that eye roll emoji

America is the king of the 24 hour news cycle, I think we're well aware of the horrors of terrorism because we see it constantly on the news after any terrorist attack. I think we're doing okay without needing trump to educate us via twitter :eye roll:

Thats not the point, the point is Trump retweeted unverified videos from a far right hate group.

scratcho and NoxiousGas like this.
  14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Key words if you didn't catch that:

Unverified

Far right hate group

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

fits in pretty good with american history

lets go find a smart and honourable president

obama pardons a bunch of people..at least one of whom goes out and commits another murder...nope

bush starts a war based on lies because some guy in iraq wants to kill his dad...nope

clinton never had sexual relations with monica...lmao...

eyeroll emoji can be pasted in just like an image

16. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Foolish behavior to be sure. Comes under a lot of criticism in: The Wall Street Journal

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh I'm happy to criticize our former presidents too but that would be off topic.

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

youre right

i was thrown off by a few members using the word president instead of specifically saying trump

so the president (trump) is supposed to act like a president but not act like who he is (the president) and we shouldnt compare his actions to previous presidents because they arent current presidents

i got it now i think

[​IMG]

Cashtwenty2 and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  19. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

The missing black plumes are deceptive. So are the tailpipes of automobiles which drip essentially clean water. The worst pollutants coming from combustion engines are largely colorless. CO, Nitrogen Oxides and CO2 still spew from exhausts. With catalytic conversion NOx can be reduced by up to 90%. While this sounds like good news, NOx has a counter relationship with CO, so it's like squeezing a balloon.

As for clean gas, the methane from the ground, while cleaner than burning coal or oil, still leads to pollution. This is because combustion engines also ingest nitrogen, which reacts during combustion to produce the NOx compounds (depending on firing temperature). Oddly, synthetic gas, made by using steam to gasify coal, is actually cleaner than methane overall. BUT, it produces more CO2, which must be captured. A prototype plant using this technology was built and produced 25MW. It worked perfectly.

However, a scaled up version was attempted in Mississippi, but it quickly became a model of modern corporate corruption, government graft and engineering incompetence. The plant is 2 years or so behind schedule and is currently running at about half capacity burning methane, originally intended to only be used for initial startup. There's no coal in sight and CO2 sequestering isn't working either. So much promise had been reduced to yet another gas burning, single cycle power plant in a remote American hell hole called Meridian. A colleague of mine did the water processing for the steam cycle. His equipment is currently tagged out and sitting idle.

20. Joshua Tree

The video titles state that these are Islamists and Muslims, not terrorists.