Trump: The Greatest Threat To Freedom And Democracy?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by bdot0487, Jul 13, 2016.

1. bdot0487

bdot0487 Supporter HipForums Supporter

I am going to be frank: I don't expect this post to change the minds of any hardcore Trump worshipers. The intention of this post is for people who are stuck in the middle, forced to pick their poison.
    When we think of the greatest threats to freedom and democracy, we think of outside threats. ISIS. North Korea. Russia. China. Al Qaida. These are all valid threats and/or potential conflicts. History teaches us, however, that the greatest threat comes from the inside. Hitler promised the German people that he would make Germany great again. He promised jobs and wealth to everyone. Never again would Germany suffer the humiliating defeat they had experienced at the end of the Great War. He used popular social stereotypes and hatred of certain ethnic groups to win over the hearts and minds of the people. They worshiped him like a god. We all know how that turned out.
    Sound familiar? Donald Trump promises to "Make America Great Again". He has employed all of the promises and tactics Hitler used to win the hearts and minds of his followers. Why must we make history repeat itself? I'm not a big fan of Hilary Clinton. In fact, I really don't like her. But at least she isn't a carbon copy of a ruthless dictator. We could have worse.

4 people like this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Parade of Trump's convoy of motor cars visitng with Mike Pence for breakfast this morning....possible running mate....Him, Gingrich and Christie...wonderful.....
    You do realize it Will be trump's entire dynasty in office, if he wins,right....?

3. Bud D

Bud D Member

If Trump gets into the White House, I wonder how long until he is impeached for doing something stupid? I live an hour drive from the RNC. Gonna be crazy and I hope it all stays up there.

4. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

I doubt that you will find any Trump supporters in a hippie forum, so no one's minds are going to be changed. You may be preaching to the wrong crowd.

I lost my right to vote a long time ago, but if I could, I could see myself voting for Trump. In the end of the day, you vote for the party and not the candidate. The president only has so much power in the United States.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I have a huge problem with people who think Trump is evil, but Hillary isn't. It just shows how brainwashed by the media people are.

6. Bud D

Bud D Member

Evil is a superstition. Trump just doesn't have good judgment. Hillary just doesn't have great judgment.

7. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Well, Trumpy has said Mexicans are rapers and criminals. His buddy Gingrich has said he wants a Muslims test. His mate Pence from the Hate State of Indiana has said some real hate filled things. Hillary is better by a long shot...my opinion...opinion of Po Folks.

1 person likes this.
  8. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

In ten years of asking people if they know the simple distinction between a lynch mob and a democracy I have yet to hear the correct answer and, according to the National Science Foundation, one in five Americans insists the sun revolves around the earth. You can't have a democracy when people can't even distinguish one from a lynch mob! That's precisely why Trump and his professional wrestling style smack is so popular. When money does all the driving nobody is steering and the mindless masses would eat him alive if he crashed the economy even if he were voted in by an overwhelming majority precisely because the lights might be on, but nobody is home.

2 people like this.
  9. Bud D

Bud D Member

Can't put up a picture of Hitler here but I'd bet Trump is some sort of reincarnation. Just saying it's possible. Trump and Pence are similar to Hitler & Himmler. Making America great again one Fascist statement at a time. They think if the country is as Christian as it once was everything is going to be honkie dorry.

1 person likes this.
  10. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

One of the first things Hitler did in office was to make it illegal to crack jokes about the Nazi party. Humor has always supported left-wing agendas much more than right wing and many people on the left in the US today will tell you there is no left-wing anything in the US. Its empire baby, and this train ain't stopping until she derails! In the meantime, its illegal to vote for Mickey Mouse in the state of Maryland or I might be tempted....

11. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Pence runs the Hate State of Indiana. He hates Muslims, Hates Refugees, Hates Blacks, Hates Mexicans, Hates Mother Nature, Hates Women's Rights, and Hates Gay people. He does not think the poor and the disabled deserve anything, because they are at fault for their own misfotune. He likes employment at will, which means the worker gets no rights at all. If the worker gets hurt on the job, well; that's just too bad. Anything is better than Trumpy & Micky!

2 people like this.
  12. Bud D

Bud D Member

There is a huge left wing in the States and a emboldened right wing that is trying to grow as it decays.

13. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

When nobody I've talked to in ten years can distinguish a lynch mob from a democracy left-wing politics are simply impossible. You would have to define a flock of chickens as expressing left-wing politics. Left wing sentiments are obviously everywhere, but not politics which are vestigial at best.

14. Bud D

Bud D Member

I think your talking about extreme left but it's difficult to understand what your saying.

1 person likes this.
  15. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

If people cannot distinguish between a lynch mob and a democracy they cannot distinguish a functional government from any random mob of people doing whatever the hell they want. That's not leftist politics, but reactionary politics that cause things like Adolph Hitler taking power overnight in the name of democracy in action.

16. Bud D

Bud D Member

Hitler wasn't exactly an open loving left wing person now was he? A little more extremely right wing?

I think your confusing what's right and left and how it all works.

17. Bud D

Bud D Member

I honestly don't think anything left is prepared for anything like that to succeed. It would take a lot of foreign covert aid and guidance for anything that radical to succeed. It would surely fail in the way I see it but Russia loves to subvert the west. They really encourage that 'out of the box' thinking on RTnews. I read that there are a possible 100,000 Russian 'agents' working in the US. Who knows what all is going on.

I don't think voting for far right or preaching far right views is going to do anything more than make it worse with far left. Both sides fuel the fire.

18. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

The US has been called "an enemy you can trust" because we have more of a reputation for avoiding things like genocide in modern times. That's about as sophisticated as it often gets on the international scene of politics, but don't mistake it for meaning there is anybody home just because the lights appear to be on.

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Then again, doesn't every candidate have their own version of "make america great"

20. Bud D

Bud D Member

Yes they do it gets the vote. What they should do is say making YOU great. That would really get the votes if it was possible.

Everyone has their own idea how to change things. I don't think a lot of change needs done.