Trump Says Honesty Wins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joshua Tree, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

This is a classic tweet from the King of Liars:

donald-trump-honesty-tweet.png

The New York Times posted a list of all his lies to the public since taking office, up until December 11th 2017:

Opinion | President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List

For the bloke to say "honesty wins" would be hilarious if it wan't so invidious. It's obviously just all part of his propaganda campaign on voters.

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

All politicians are liars. Some of them start with good intentions but they all succumb in the end. I'm tired of the whole shit parade. They want to organise the world along the lines of whatever vision they have in their tiny minds. Best to just get on with your own life as best you can and ignore the buggers.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And the damned problem lies with the fact that regular people have almost no chance because of the money needed to advertise. The rich have the money--the rich make the laws. Now, how is that ever going to change? Those that COULD change the methods of getting elected, have no desire to do so. That would require empathy, a sense of fairness and action, all of which are sadly lacking.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Sure ignore them and let the uneducated idiots vote the worst possible candidates into office.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Those votes are often influenced by the media, so the guy has a point in what he is saying.

All a vote needs, is one small benefit. The entire picture is often overlooked.

6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I guess this is why Theresa May is PM?

Okiefreak and Joshua Tree like this.
  7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

ged

Then vote for good politicians rather than just allowing the crap one into power.

This is like wanting to eat the same crap microwavable dinner every night because you can’t be arsed to learn to cook.

Asmodean and Joshua Tree like this.
  8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yes we must save the undereducated idiots from themselves with our superior form of governance that we have designed to help them become better people so EVERYONE can believe in our vision of One World
    I seek only to understand this division between left and right and why it comes to represent the extreme polarities of the collective human mind. And even within myself. It interests me that in Western democracies the votes is often so finely split.

9. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

10. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Indeed it does seem strange, as if we've finally hit political parity. If the US was an actual democracy, we'd be running headlong into a governmental logjam that would be persistent for decades. Other western nations have come up with novel ways to keep this from happening like the Swiss with 7 presidents and a council leader or some such means.

However the US is indeed heading toward a parity event. We have already seen this with all the talk of the "popular vote" something that isn't a factor in US presidential elections. That's instead an example of the desire for a pure democracy creeping in. From one side anyway. It would take a lot of people willing to go against their own political best interests for such a dramatic change to occur in the operation of the US government. For one thing, the states have far too many rights at the moment and none seem eager to give them up.

Then there's the career politicians and layers of political support personnel who would be instantly thrown into career limbo until the dust settles, which could take years. Currently a president is selected by the states. In the last election one candidate got substantially more states than the other. That's how it works. That's how we avoid decaying into mob rule. Though it seems some are more than willing to see mobs, the people in the mobs are unfit to rule. They're not even self-sustaining.

11. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Lies are the hard currency of politics.

12. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I wonder if anything would change, if a diff political party were to rise to the occasion? (other than democrat and repub)

13. scratcho

Maybe, if the electoral college was eliminated and citizens united were to be overturned, so that votes would more represent what the majority of citizens want. And penalties against gerrymandering.

stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  14. scratcho

Maybe the media,somehow could be made to carry pre-election debates for NO money. Or on C-Span, being made available to all broadcast systems including basic cable and for those that have rabbit ear TV, as NBC, ABC and others do. And provable lying should be a big time offense , carrying strict penalties.

stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

In my opinion there should be legislation barring all advertisements from evening news broadcasts on the Big Three. With that done, debates be scheduled and broadcast during the evening news.

They were always meant to be a public service mandated by congress anyway, not a means to make money.

scratcho likes this.
  16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

has this ever been an option?

McFuddy likes this.
  17. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

The fine split just makes me suspicious. Especially since electronic voting machines are able to be hacked by eight year olds and don't have any paper trail. If ATMs can have a paper trail so should our voting machines.

18. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I see. Personally I think it's some kind of synchronicity in the collective unconscious at work. But generally the "left hand path" comes to be slightly less prominent in public affairs. It is so much easier to put forth the brutish might of the right hand.

19. scratcho

Just to mention: All our ballots are mailed to us in Oregon. We fill them out and send them back. No possible interference with voting machines--no hanging bullshit and no computers. Maybe if the rest of the states-----

stormountainman likes this.
  20. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

And I've got some ocean front property in Arizona. From my front porch you can see the Trump Tower in Jakarta.

scratcho likes this.