Trump Protest Slogans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newo, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ha its not just me. Either we don't get it or his 'got it' statement is a bit of an exaggeration :p

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

#526 response, maybe....and protest sign, too. I thought of Paul Ryan and thought, oh, I guess he is old, too....but the creepiness factor of some people is not ageist.....creeps come in all ages. :D

Now, if we had Bernie Sanders at head of helm now....this conversation may not be taking place.

3. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

There is something wrong with this picture. At least 4 white men have been photoshopped into this photo. Might be the entire front row is photoshopped in. Is someone trying to hide blackness with white faces?

One of the faces looks familiar, I can't quite put my finger on it.

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, that photo....something is wrong....very wrong...It does not ring true.

2 people like this.
  5. Asmodean

Lol tragic

6. Asmodean

I don't. Smells like an alternative fact to me.

1 person likes this.
  7. Asmodean

^
    lol

Nice try

1 person likes this.
  8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

There is a lot of truth to this. And I dare say that's the biggest ball and chain that is holding the democratic party down. They just don't want to admit to it or do anything about it.

[​IMG]

This man used to be the driving force behind the democratic party victories. The white working class blue collar worker. These people who work jobs in factories and extractive industries, often dangerous ones at that. People like him are the backbone of this country, and they do it for their families and the American dream. People like him work for companies the modern left want to put out of business.

The modern progressives have abandoned that voter, and instead pander to a new demographic, shown below:

[​IMG]

People like him do not work. And if they do, it is working as a blogger or a youtuber. Possibly a writer for Vox or Buzzfeed if they're lucky enough. He is a social justice warrior, and believes those who disagree with him are Nazis.

1 person likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I agree ignoring blue collar white workers cost the Democratic party the election (and would have won it for Bernie because he did pay attention to that demographic)

But I do have to dispute the "people like him democratics want to put out of business"

If you still consider yourself a libertarian then I'm sure you understand market forces are driving the coal industry out of business. Wind and solar now employ more workers than coal because that is the direction energy is headed. It isnt some leftist conspiracy to keep the people of Appalachia unemployed amd impoverished.

If government truly cared about blue collar workers left behind by the coal industry's slow decline they wouldn't be focused on bringing back shitty coal jobs. Coal is a really horrible industry to work in, coal miners have never been really prosperous and it has horrible health consequences. I read earlier the coal industry hasn't offered pensions or health benefits in decades.

The impoverished region of Appalachia needs education, not coal jobs, so they can train in other, more prosperous and forward thinking fields that provide them a better way of life.

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I call bull shit.
    How did they ignore the blue collar workers?
    This I agree with.

1 person likes this.
  11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

It seems to me that there are systematic problems with the US political system and has been for a while and adding to that problem is the belief of many Americans that a change of President can ‘fix’ the system because it adds to the general malaise when that doesn’t seem to happen.

But the systematic problems people notice came about due to change, it was just change for the worse and often it is the same people who hope to ‘fix’ the system that voted for things that made the system worse.

Support for Trump is just the lastest (and most obvious) example of this phenomena in action.

[SIZE=11pt]Many people who are supporting Trump are angry and the basis of this anger seems to be in large part based on their economic situation, but many of these are long term right wing voters who have presumably being voting for previous right wing politicians who brought in the policies that brought about the economic situation in which those voters now find themselves.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And it’s not like this wasn’t known I mean even before Thomas Frank wrote What's the Matter with Kansas? people were asking why so many seemed to be voting against their own interests. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Basically the US elite (individuals, institutions and government) colluded in the purging of left wing ideas in the US from the 1940’s to the 70’s from then on right leaning ideas dominated and from the 80’s the two major parties often had similar neoliberal policies (free market, free trade). The same neoliberal policies that those that voted for them are now complaining about - BUT the strange thing is that many still seem to have views that are shaped by free market and Social Darwinist thinking that underpins neoliberalism.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]They seem to be saying they want neoliberlism but without any of the side effect that might hit them adversely – the problem is that neoliberal policies will always adversely affect the majority of people because its set up to advantage only a few.[/SIZE]

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Are you still pushing this ‘social justice warrior’ crap you couldn’t defend the last time we talked about it in the Alt-right thread

https://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/479136-how-to-stop-the-alt-right/

It’s just a made up distraction to trying and misdirect people from realizing the majority of the problems with the US at the moment are the fault of right wing ideas.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Then you fail to see one of the biggest problems facing the Democratic party: the loss of support amongst blue collar workers

A few links for your consideration

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/10/democrats-working-class-americans-us-election

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/31/hillary-clinton-and-the-populist-revolt

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/507203/

14. MeAgain

I agree that there is a rumor going around that the Democrats have abandoned the working class, but it's an illusion.
    In reality it was the blue collar workers who rejected the Democratic party.

In other words as the blue collar workers rose in society due to increased income and security brought on by Democratic initiatives they didn't like sharing a piece of the pie with those who were below them in the economic and social system...and of a different "race".
    Once they got their's they saw no reason to aid others as the platform of the progressive Democrats called for. Think of the TV character Archie Bunker.

In addition:
    As the Democratic party evolved into an all embracing umbrella for all those oppressed in the past and became more socially and morally advanced, the white blue collar worker continued to live a life of 1950's morals and social development.

The Democratic party didn't abandon the white blue collar worker, it still fought for it and included it in its platform, but it also made room for all the others which, to the blue collar worker, had the appearance of neglecting the blue collar whites.

The many different elements of the new Democratic party no longer prioritized just labor unions and higher wages, they now wanted social justice as well.
    But the blue collar workers saw no need for social justice and started to reject the very party that fought for them the hardest...
    The Republicans fed this hostility with claims of government failure, calls to racism, anti environmentalism and anti feminism.
    Republicans pushed cultural issues that the "less socially evolved" working class could support.
    In short...the white working class has been deluded into voting against its own economic interests, which are supported by the Democratic party, in favor of the old moral and social values of 1950's America as supported by the republican party.

The Democrats haven't abandoned anyone, they are more supportive of more people than ever before across all economical and social strata.
    However the white working class has shown itself to be socially retarded and without enough intelligence to see that they are being taken for a ride by the Republicans and Donald Trump.

Notice the Trump administration is anti government, anti feminist, anti environmentalist, anti science, anti co-operation with foreign governments, racist, anti social aid, and anti education.
    All things the Republicans claim hurt the white working man and all things supported by the Democrats and all things that actually help the white working class.

As the white working class can't see their own short comings, they blame the Democrats.
    Again, think of Archie Bunker.

1 person likes this.
  15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Even though I used a coal miner photo, I was not referring to coal miners only. There are lots of other extractive resource based workers who are struggling like the coal miners. Here in the northwest the timber industry has been shut down by politicians and activists. In my short lifetime I've seen the number of lumber mills that've been shut down in the west coast. While I'm all for sustainable forestry and protecting designated areas of forest land, the main reason behind crippling the timber industry was protecting the spotted owl. An animal that inhabits mid growth forests, not the old growth areas that were designated for logging. I can show you plenty of new homes in Oregon built out of timber imported from British Colombia. These same politicians and whactivists also put limitating regulations and bans on gold dredging in rivers, even though fish don't lay eggs in the mining season, and dredges clean lead and mercury out of the waterways. In recent years, the Democratic Party has ignored white blue collar workers, especially in rural areas.

Now regarding the market forces phasing out coal, I am all for a renewable energy alternative to coal to phase it out into the new millennium. But subsidizing green energy companies is not the market doing the work. In fact in Obama's green energy program, dozens of those green energy companies went bankrupt and left the taxpayer a $2.2 billion bill. http://usapolitics.thoughts.com/posts/list-of-failed-obama-green-energy-solar-companies-in-the-billions I think if the technologies of solar, wind, and tidal power can improve enough to generate enough power to get a full return on our investment in less than one year, maybe that'll be the point where we could start seeing the market phase out coal. But personally, I think the best sources of green energy are not solar and wind, but instead geothermal. And possibly going back to Tesla's vision of ever acting free infinite electricity from the ionosphere.

Also MeAgain, I don't deny that the Democratic Party ever had the mass support of white blue collar workers. As I said, it is a demographic they recently abandoned. West Virginia, which has a large white blue collar population used to be a democratic stronghold. This year every single county in that state voted for Trump.

I was apprehensive about publishing advice online to how the left could succeed again. By going back to caring about the backbone workers of this country. Instead of the genderbenders and pink haired SJWs who make it their sole purpose in life to search for racism and bigotry beneath every stone they turn over. But then again I realize that they are comprised of people like Balbus who will defend political correctness and anti white racism to the death. And that's why they'll keep on losing.

16. MeAgain

And as I said the white blue collar workers abandoned the Democratic party, not the other way around.
    Hillary Clinton proposed a $30 billion dollar plan to re-educate those who were loosing jobs, for small business development, and infrastructure improvement, especially in Appalachia.

But the dumb ass coal miners voted Republican. I lived 3 miles from the West Virginia border in the heart of coal country, I had a Consul Energy exhaust fan 1/8 mile from my house on one side and a methane plant 1/4 mile away on the other. I know how coal miners think.

So what did they get?
    The Democrats have been fighting the Republicans on this one for a long time and the Republicans may have finally caved yesterday after too much bad press.

But I lived with those idiot miners and they didn't like that "******" in the White House. Assholes. They left the Democrats because the Democrats support minorities and women...period.

What's Trump doing to help them..he ain't doing shit.

2 people like this.
  17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

I think MeAgain has covered it well but since you did bring up my name I’ll tell you what I think of your statement.

LOL – oh 6 always going with the misdirection rather than the honest debate

What me and others have pointed this is a rather silly and stupid attempt to portray anyone on the left as genderbenders, pink hairy’s, social justice warriors who push ‘political correctness’ and ‘anti-white racism’

Thing is you know that’s just so much hot air and anti-left propaganda that you have NEVER been able to defend or back up in any rational way.

Oh and I know you are now going to whine ‘oh but I don’t mean all left wingers’ - oh yeah heard that one many times but a bull shitter is a bull shitter and the fact that you keep having to say it is because you keep making the same false statements indicate just the kind of debater you are – a dishonest one.

But you are just a rather small and lamentable reflection of what’s been happening in politics over the last few years, the rise in the irrational and unreasonable mentality that have raised something like Trump to the presidency.

But please continue to post you do make me laugh.

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Puff

What do you call a turkey that votes for thanksgiving?

1 person likes this.
  19. MeAgain

My father mined coal in the 50's...he started out as a Republican but quickly realized what they were up to and became a life long Democrat...and got out of coal mining.

I lived on the edge of a strip mine, the western outcropping of the Pittsburgh seam, we played in coal dust and abandoned shallow mines and would be covered in black soot from head to foot. I played on the tipples and rode dirt bikes up and down gob piles for years, we used "red dog" (coke oven waste) on our driveway.
    One of my houses had to have a new foundation put under it because of mine subsidence...I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I've been around coal.

[​IMG]
    The mines are going away, even if they stay mechanization will force most miners out of a job. Hillary had a plan to re-educate the miners. Re-education means training for new employment in developing technologies and services...not going back to the 8th grade. Re-education does not have to mean a college degree.

And there you have pinpointed the problem exactly. Thank you.

"The Democrats are more concerned with everyone else but the American people as a whole." That's exactly what I mean by warped thinking.
    Everyone else IS the American people.
    These miners that voted for Trump got their feelings hurt because the Democrats recognize that "everyone else" includes blacks, women, Latinos, gays ,etc....as part of the American people.
    Why should I, as a coal miner help out others who aren't miners, (most are descendants of European immigrates such as the Welsh, Irish, Polish, Italians, etc.....my father still remembers the Italian Black Hand ruling the coal mines)?
    You'd think they were fellow Americans or something.

These coal miners have no problem getting their welfare checks, food stamps, and free government health care when it's them...but heaven forbid the Democrats try and help out someone else!

So they voted for a con man whose going to bring back the jobs that were here in 1983!
    Exactly...why did they vote for Trump?
    THE RUBES FELL FOR THE CON!

1 person likes this.
  20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

I would add that to me the mistake made by some liberals was that ‘people’ were voting for neoliberlism and therefore thought they could drop Keynesian economic models and ‘tame’ neoliberalism to work for all the people rather than just a few.

That is what happened with New labour in the UK and the Clinton Democrats in the US

The problem is that neoliberalism will always end up advantaging the few it can’t be ‘tamed’ it has to be put down.