Trump And The Nazis Are Winning, Soon It Really "did Not Happen"

Discussion in 'History' started by unfocusedanakin, Jul 7, 2017.

1. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

2. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yeah, he's a tool.
    I stopped reading your link at this point:
    He's talking about Pulitzer Prize and George Polk Award winner Serge Kovaleski's report about the World Trade Center collapse. He co-authored a piece that said,
    Trump then misquoted him by saying that he reported that;
    Kovaleski then responded,
    That's when Trump mocked him.
    Kovaleski wasn't caught in a lie, Trump and Straka were.

So this Straka guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
    A real tool.

scratcho and McFuddy like this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Watch it, Meli. Some will see this as pandering to neo pagans and their self invented concerns! No need for that shit!

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

This Straka guy has been groomed by Republican trolls as their secret weapon for November. "Let's see if we can take a nonentity off the streets, hype him into something special by an avalanche of posts by trolls on social media, and use him to disseminate the message: 'I , a former gay liberal, gave up on the Democrats, you can too." As if the Republicans would be a better alternative for people like him. I thought the exchange awhile back where our own Shaman was frantically trying to sell us on the guy and nobody seemed to be buying was hilarious.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    fraggle_rock likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And I also think that our invented concerns are quite relevent and this mostly resides around the conservation of nature and our planet, Midgård. I don't feel that pagans really bite into political problems too much or often, maybe some I don't know, but all the people I group with, we've really no gripes with these things.

And we also have lots of alcohol marketed to us, so we're winning there. :p and heavy metal.

8. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Not at all shocked you'd feel that way.

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Not at all shocked that you fell for it. What does it have to do with the topic? Ooooo. I know. It shows how Trump supporters think they can manufacture any alternate reality they want, and Americans will swallow it. That goes to the last part of the OP statement: "Soon it really did not happen."

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    scratcho and Meliai like this.
  10. Asmodean

To be fair: I never noticed such concerns are prevalent in you. More like the contrary.

Pagans are just as diverse as other people. You're just talking about yourself/your own associations or group here.
    But yeah, its no news you rarely add anything useful to political or social topics. You first need to be triggered or offended before you try to type something sincere (calling current examples of fascism, discrimination or populism nazis usually does the trick). Sure, you may be sincere about your 'fuck islam' post but it merely makes clear you have nothing substantial to add on the actual thread topic. Just some agitating against 'the other' that you don't really understand. Pretty boring and it almost always takes away from the thread topic.

Irminsul likes this.
  11. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

He's just talking about people. It has nothing to do with believing in anything.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

whinging pagans!

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I disagree, I find my posts trigger others into arguing and more often than not, several engage in lengthy topics and debates.

14. Asmodean

Neo pagans.

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Typo Correction: should be "Have they won?"

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Getting Back to topic:

[​IMG]

MeAgain likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The idea that there is a large Islamic force with the desire and abilty to attack America is fake. It's a right wing invention that helps the anti-Muslim propaganda. Their goal is control of their region not to attack America. They know this is not possible or practicle. Trump's vote depend on the idea that somehow they can get past the Air Force and Army.

When you look ISIS as a local thing not an invading army they change.

18. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

As opposed to openly having no tolerance? This is something I find interesting in the right wing. They say people who don't agree with them don't really have tolerance yet their whole philosophy is a lack of tolerance to people they think are a threat to them. Name something tolerant that has Trump has said. He is clear there is a right and wrong way to do things and to think. Maybe the left does the same thing.

Tolerance does not mean you stand for everything. Moral limits are fine.

Okiefreak likes this.
  19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

ISIS is now a shadow of its former self, thanks to Iraqi, U.S., and international actions against us. Yet its sponsorship of attacks in western countries had a body count and made it a force to be reckoned with--and it's not dead yet. In no way was it "a local thing".Surely one of the most evil movements to hit the planet in awhile.

20. Asmodean

It was predominantly a local thing, that is local to Iraq and Syria. The biggest perceived 'islamic' threat to America is thought to be coming from Iran. Which has a different branch of islam than IS.