True love

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by KozmicBlue, Jul 4, 2006.

1. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I think some of you already know that I work in a place that's kind of like a safe home for kids who are having problems at home, or have run away from home, etc...
    Anyway, there's this care home for old people next to where I work and the kids sometimes go there to keep the old peeps company and take them for walks and stuff like that. We went there today for a bit. Most of the people there are in a very poor condition, suffering from dementia and whatever else. There's this one old lady who is paralyzed, can't function at all on her own or even talk anymore. Her husband, who is 83, still comes to visit her everyday and feeds her lunch and helps taking care of her so gently and lovingly.. he talks to her for hours everyday and kisses her and hugs her. So amazing and beautiful. That's true love... Maybe it does exist after all.

Just thought I'd share as I thought it was so.. perfect.

2. HippyLove

HippyLove Visitor

aww thats really sweet!!

3. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

yeah...maybe it does exist.

Or after years of her nagging ass, he's just so happy she finally shut up...LOL

(bad missfontella, bad bad girl)

4. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Haha you're terrible :p

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Thats funny! :D

Yup its out there, just hard to find, maybe someday eh.

6. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Maybe... Fingers crossed.

7. bruschetta

bruschetta Member

True love isnt something that you find... its something that you create.
    If you're "looking" for a perfect person to spend the rest of your life with... then good luck. Nobody is perfect.... but they can be if you can adjust to and learn to love their flaws:)

8. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

That is very true.

9. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

That's a beautiful story Kozmic.

10. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

That's kinda how I'd imagine you and your husband when you two are old! Well.. excluding the dementia and being paralyzed. :p
    Not that I know either of you, it's just that from what I've read on here you two sound like you're so perfect for each other. It's beautiful.

11. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

Ahh what a wonderful story! :D
    That's so great.
    Beautiful. :)

12. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Oh I know when I grow old I will be there for me.

13. fritz

fritz Heathen

“When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on--series polygamy--until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.”

“Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.”

"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love”

- All Tom Robbins quotes