True Love can sustain a perfect marriage?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Keiramok, Aug 27, 2013.

1. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

god damn it mama.

:rofl:

2. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

:p

3. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

With all due respect, please refrain from speaking like you know what I meant to say. You're not me, you don't know what I meant to say in regards to the lyrics from the song "All You Need Is Love". All I meant was that I agree with John Lennon where those lyrics are concerned. I don't think anyone needs to agree with the way he was toward his family in his personal life. Mention of that, to me, seems a little irrelevant since I wasn't even talking about that.

Like I said in my previous post, genuine love promotes many things positive. I don't know if you've bothered to read that part of the post. It's kind of hard to say since you only decided to pick at the fact that I believed in something John Lennon wrote - which wasn't even the most important part of my post to begin with - but nothing else. At any rate, I stand by what I said within the post in question, especially the three paragraphs below the quote from the Beatles song.

4. *MAMA*

Me saying what you meant to say, was sarcasm. I tend to dismiss whatever relationship advice follows a Lennon quote. Also, what you said regarding him in the above post, is like saying, " Yeah, Hitler may have made a few mistakes, but he sure had a hell of a lot of charisma!"

5. sunshine186

I wouldn't go so far as to compare Lennon with Hitler, but I feel you..

6. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Oh yeah, I definitely picked up on the sarcasm aspect. ;) I also felt it wasn't necessarily called for the second time around.
    Again, it's really not relevant to compare John Lennon's personal life to the way I have interpreted the song "All You Need Is Love" itself, let alone the Hitler comparison.

I still believe that genuine love is the driving force in leading a fulfilling life. It can be love toward anything, but what is so fulfilling, adventurous, and/or enjoyable about life without love in the first place? Nothing is perfect, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't hold on to our ideals. It doesn't mean we should just give up and see life through a jaded pair of eyes just because it(as in life) isn't perfect. Reason: I feel that, when you succumb to that, the world truly becomes a miserable place where hopes and dreams are regarded merely as "fairy tales" and are brushed aside as "unrealistic". In fact, the world already IS that place. But if we just accepted that, then nothing would change. Worse, by continuing to accept it merely as the way it is in life, the quality of life itself might become worse and worse as our standards are lowered. And by our own hands no less. At least that's the way I see it, anyway.

7. sunshine186

I do agree with you there. The quote can be taken as a quote rather than something said by a wife-beater. Because in some cases it's true, all you need is love. It's not automatically praising the man who said it.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The cult of Celebrity.

Read up on the details of Lennons life, he was quite a douchebag. But he was in a really popular boy band, so its ok

9. *MAMA*

:iagree: