True Love and Open Relationships

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Bella_Donna, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

It takes a lot to have a relationship that includes others intimately. Not many people can handle this type of relationship but for those that can it can be a very fulfilling lifestyle. A situation was brought up that can evolve by one partner having to become celibate. This happened to us. Well over 40 years together and her body failed her years ago. She cannot have sex anymore. But I can and do have those feelings of desire for sex. There is a good read by Dossie Easton and Janet Hardy "The Ethical Slut". Both of these women have experienced open relationships and failed. Both now succeed within their relationships while having other partners intimately. Taking suggestions from the book my spouse and I worked out details that allows me to satisfy my desires to continue sexual relations with a woman. This path doesn't weaken the true love we have for each other but has strengthened it.

2. SantaCruzRob

SantaCruzRob Senior Member

While monogamy is not right for everyone, never is an open relationship.
    My wife and I only played together, we didn't run around on our own sexually.
    Success in any relationship require communication, talking isn't communication if you are too shy to say how you really feel.
    Also, people change and grow, over the years you may drift apart... that is part of life.

jmadre likes this.
  3. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

My wife and I have a open marriage and have had one since we been married so since we been married some 20 years we both have a lover any time we want one! My wife has take some long trips with her lover and so have I. We have four kids and they know of our open marriage and have gone along with it.

jmadre likes this.
  4. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Me and my wife had a open marriage. I closed that door for now since our FWB is being a flake and I have cut him off for good. But the option is always on the table.

Sandra Miller likes this.
  5. This is different and not what’s being asked here. I’m sure your partner is jealous or resents you for this as most would. How would you feel if she said well I don’t want sex from you because you’re not enough and started a relationship with some one else? That’s essentially what the OP is saying. What if the op likes sex with some one else better but has more love feelings for her current man.
    Look I’d like to say I’m good in bed, even great bu are there better out there? I’d say yes. No one is the best at anything and even if they are it’s usually very short lived. This causes issues and jealousy. Sure there are some that say they can do it and handle it but I sure couldn’t.

6. This is what makes us human and not animals. Great point.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2021
  7. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Over 40 plus years my wife and I were sexually adventurous . We had a few lovers other then each other at one time or another.. We were honest with each other and did not try to hide anything from each other. And the information was shared between the two of us. I feel that at no time was our love for each other compromised or in danger.. She was my soul mate and my so called "partner in crime ".

How one loves and accepts each other is a very personal matter. No two relationships are the same. And to compare yours with someone else's and say that "you are wrong and I ours is right" does not hold any water. What is right for you and your partner does not mean it is right for others. .

Sexwise likes this.
  8. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

True a open marriage is risky for sure
    WELL SAID.....................

9. BenS Alaskan

BenS Alaskan Members

Oh I guess it could. Didn’t work work for me.

10. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Your pretty young...I suggest you wait wait a while your just to young for a open marriage!.....said by Mrs. Poplo.....

11. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

This is Mr Poplo.......I say go for it all though me and Mrs were in our early fifties when I first shared her. Just tell your wife if she begins to have feelings for the guy after you share her for the first time then stop......if not let her open her legs as much as she wants.....

12. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

This has been my story for a
    The my life! ❤ read my blogs. I have many posts about this! Yes you can make it happen if all that is involved are okay with it!

13. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Wonder how this worked out for Bella Donna?

Scharff likes this.
  14. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Visitor

I would suggest a threesome and see how that works out for you and then maybe go from there I know myself that I wouldn’t mind having an open relationship. Right now I’m in no relationship but do have a fwb and we both bang other people. So

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

In a hundred years--no one here will be around for judgements, repercussions , guilt trips, or anything else. Short of causing harm to anyone---do what you want in this short period of time we get as sentient beings. Dead is quite a while, I've heard. Janis was right.

jimandjan likes this.
  16. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I see this all the time at Lifestyle resort/campgrounds
    Committed couples that are truly in love swapping for sex. We see nothing wrong with it. It’s just sex.
    My wife and I just recently opened our relationship to include others after 20 years of marriage. If you are fortunate to have sex with my wife, you are not replacing our relationship, but enhancing it. Consider yourself lucky.
    We also practice compersion. Read about it.

Alice in SC likes this.
  17. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Our relationship is open to being a open relationship.
    best way i can describe it at this moment :D

18. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

lol............

19. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Sure it will work I talk by experience....................Got to really be open though.....................

20. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Crushes and love are way different crushes one can let go pretty easy love is different way different............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.