True Love and Open Relationships

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Bella_Donna, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bella_Donna

Bella_Donna *Femme Fatale*

I've met the man of my dreams. He's wonderful. I love him with all my heart. My only problem is, I'm still very young. I want to be able to experience the world still and fuck as many people as I please. Currently, me and my boyfriend live together and have been dating for over two years now. I *do* plan on marrying him some day.

But, I get these crushes on other men and women. I want to have my freedom, but I just can't let the man I love go. What does this mean? Basically, I'm wondering if anyone else has been in an open relationship with someone they love. Did it work out? If not, why not? Does it have potential to work?

Mirsman and BenS Alaskan like this.
  2. xxblowinxx

xxblowinxx Member

it will only work if ur thinking about having a open relationship with me lol

scratcho likes this.
  3. Bella_Donna

LOL Okay, good to know.:p

scratcho likes this.
  4. xxblowinxx

xxblowinxx Member

lol a god laugh in a serious question is good

scratcho likes this.
  5. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Whether or not it would work would ultimately depend on what the two of you feel is right for you relationship. If you decide you want to explore other people and it costs you your man, is it worth it? Or would he support it? If he wanted to explore other people, would you support it?

Sexwise and Redwingsfan like this.
  6. HippyLove

HippyLove Visitor

honestly if you would rather go out and be with other guys... I dont think your truly in love. I love my man with every part of my being. I don't think about what I might be missing because I know no one else is worth it. I think about the wonderful guy I have. Sure I might think another guy is attractive - but thats where it ends.

7. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

+1 on the second part...I really don't think about it, I love my man, I love being committed to him and knowing he's committed to me. But everyone's different, I dunno...I'm definitely not into open relationships for myself or my boyfriend, but for some people I guess it might work *shrug*

BenS Alaskan likes this.
  8. Pablo

Pablo Member

I should say, to that last part, i dont understand this assumption that you cannon be truely in love with more than one person. Love is having great trust, compassion and understanding with a person, that can certainly be had with more than one person, romantic love is that with passion and physical atraction added, and it certainly seems like you can have physical atraction and passion for more than one person. The only thing is that its far more difficult, because if you had true love involving 3 people each one would have to have all those connections with the other two, i dont think it would work if one was in love with two who were in love with that one but not eachother. That would make it difficult for there to be that deep trust and understanding i was talking about.

9. firelip

firelip Member

polyamory works when all involved are kind, mature people. jealousy is an indication of a lack of love for the object of jealousy combined with a lousy self image. If you are truly in love with someone, then you want their happiness, no matter what it is that brings them joy. If my love can find pleasure with another, great as long as they love one another. It does not take anything from me. Love is not a pie to be divided, the more it is shared, the more there is to share

Jim

10. Bella_Donna

Thanks for your advice, everyone. The suggestion that I may not "truly love" my boyfriend makes me laugh so hard. That's a great, huns. Sorry to disappoint, but I am in love and perhaps the deepest love I have ever known. I didn't ask for your opinion on whether or not you think I love my man, I asked a different question. Therefore, please do not reply with such off-topic foolishness. Just because you are not into "open relationships" does not give you the right to question my relationship.:$

For those who replied to my question, thank you. I have asked him and he's all for it. While he agrees that we want to be together, we also cannot deny our other desires. We plan on doin' some swinging, maybe find a lovely couple to play with. We're pretty heavy into the Fetish scene in our area and I think that will hook us up with some folks. And, as far as other partners go, we've set up some strict, but fair, rules we both can live within. Things are looking up!

11. Vulva Queen

Vulva Queen Member

personally I would never ever be able to do that but if you can go for it, I tried it once and it freaked me out a lot.

12. drumbumlee

drumbumlee Member

I was recently in the same situation. Im 20 and after going out wit my girl for over three years I started to bug out and get kinda spooked. Besides that she was going through my stuff behind my back because she was jelous... I wanted to go crazy and make love with many many to many young ladies, so I broke up with her. But In time ( about three months) I realized I loved her and we ended up back together. But now three months after that im back to where I started. Young, not single, and wanting to mingle. It depends on what you want, what he wants, and more importantly trust. Happy trails, and remember that if your not happy with yourself, or you dont even know who you are yet, you wont be happy with anyone else, and you wont knnow what you want. peace

13. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

We had been married for over 20 years and 4 children when we began our open marriage. I love my husband dearly even after seeing other men and having sex with them and of course even after he has had sex with other women.. As time went on in our open marriage we both turn bi. Have a question ! ask away!

14. Escierto

Escierto Members

While we were chatting during 2019, my girlfriend described our relationship as an open relationship. We discussed various fantasies that she wanted to fulfill including spit roasting me with a friend of hers. After we met in person in December, 2019 on our very first day together, she told me she wanted us to be exclusive. She was in love and I was too. So we have been exclusive ever since.

Maximillian1 likes this.
  15. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Wow. But what is spit roasting if I may ask!......................

16. Escierto

Escierto Members

A spit roast is when someone sucks a cock and gets fucked at the same time. Usually a woman but a man can be spit roasted as well.

17. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

My goodness I've done that....................lol lol..........

Scharff and Escierto like this.
  18. Well just because you want to do something doesn’t mean you should. I’ve been married 19 years and have a great relationship. I can tell you if I fucked anything I had a crush on or thought was cute that relationship would end quickly. You either love him and want to be with him or you don’t and want to fuck around. Sounds like your immature and have a lot of growing up to do. Your expectations are very unrealistic. Sure some have open relationships but I can’t see it working for most people.
    Good luck and I’m honestly not trying to be rude but you asked for advice, got it then laughed at it. What did you expect?

19. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Let’s suppose one of the partners becomes sexually incapacitated from a physical issue. What then? Does love mean holding the other person hostage sexually? I have experience with this issue in our very long-term marriage. While I can still provide orgasms for my partner, both of know it’s still not the same as mutually satisfying sex. From my perspective holding my partner to sexual exclusivity is not the loving, caring option.

20. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

It is extremely risky, but possible if both parties agree to have an open relationship. I knew that my wife had sex with others when we were dating in college, so I knew she could have sex just for fun. We agreed that she could have sex, but no continuing relationships, after we married. She had a few one-nighters then decided she didn't want to do it any more. It worked for us, but I don't recommend it for others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.