True Blood; Don't judge me.

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by Amsler, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Amsler

Amsler Member

I don't give a damn how cheesy it is, this is the only show I will faithfully watch, haha. I never ever watch tv unless I'm sick or something, but I fucking love this show. I haven't begun the third season though....

Okay so fav characters so far are Eric, Godric & Lafayette...hahaha of course.

Have you noticed that they're all almost like parodies of real people? Tara is all overly-black and race-conscious, Lafayette overly-gay, Bill overly gentlemanly...etc. I dunno, I feel like it's sort of mocking society.

Maybe I'm just desperately finding a way to justify to myself why I like it, haha

anyway, discuss etc

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

lol I love true blood and I dont even try to figure out why or find reasons to justify it. I rarely ever watch tv but every single sunday you better believe I gather faithfully at my friend's house to watch some true blood on HBO!

...I really couldn't tell you why I like this show. I just sat here for a couple of minutes trying to figure out words to explain it, and all i can come up with: Sam is sexy, Eric is sexy, Sookie's new werewolf friend (wait until the third season) is extreeemely sexy...and lafayette makes me laugh. so appearantly i watch it for the sex and the gay guy.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

oh and there was a gay scene between a couple of sexy male vampires on the latest episode and I found myself really enjoying it....so thats weird. I didnt know I was into gay erotica. thanks true blood, for helping me realize that.

4. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

True Blood; 'Don't judge me'

That's the name of the new series coming out soon, isn't it? I hear there's also Twilight; 'I swear mom, i'm not gay'- maybe you could check that one out too..

couldn't resist, sorry :D

5. Amsler

Amsler Member

@ Meliai;

Maybe it is all the sex, hahaha. I really have no idea...but the characters just seem to be giant parodies of themselves and it makes me laugh. Also I get really into what will happen next. Don't tell me too much about the third season! Haha I knew they'd throw some faggotry in there somewhere xP It's okay, I love gay guys, they're sexy also. But I'm still trying to figure out the appeal behind the show; usually I'm extremely disdainful of shows like this.

@ Imaginary;

I know >> I guess I feel guilty because I know it's trash and like I said above, I'm usually disdainful of television xD It's my guilty pleasure Dx

6. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

I dig true blood. It's a little too soap opray but since the second season they brought in the writers from 6 feet under and they're a bunch of emotionial twits anyway (but still creative)

I used to be real into the whole vampire thing when i was younger. Even used to write vampire fiction, lol. But then this twilight shit came and fucked it all up with their faggoty ass take on vampires.

ZTrue blood is a little gay at times... but the vampires are what vampires are supposed to be. They rip shit the fuck apart then fuck the holes. As long as a vampire has that, then I can deal with some emotionial bullshit.

7. Amsler

Amsler Member

@ Sam;

I know, right! I used to love vampires, the idea of them being like a different species or something, not human. Then suddenly shit-tacular Twilight came out & everyone because obsessed. It made me ashamed of vampires and I lost my taste for them (though I do still read Anne Rice sometimes xP)

It's funny because when I first watched the season, I was obsessed. I couldn't turn off the tv xD (I bought the boxed set) But when I watched it a second time I was thinking it was sort of silly.

8. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

You know who else likes true Blood. SweetBlasphmey. She told me. She even already has the current season up to date on dvd. This is strait church, son. True fact.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've never heard that expression...i'm stealing it and incorporating it into my lexicon, and thats straight church.

10. SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy Senior Member

:eek:

This means war.

No actually, it just means no canna-cookie fueled True Blood marathon for you. All for me.

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Yes. The show is full of satire. You aren't just imagining that in your insecurities about watching the show.

Yes, the show is a bit cheesy. But so is Anne Rice. In fact, I would call Anne Rice the first Stephanie Meyer. So what?

Why the fuck do you care so much what people think about the stuff you like?

Anyways, I watch this show with my mum and sister and girlfriend, but I play video games or read during it, because it is sorta boring overall.

12. Amsler

Amsler Member

Anne Rice is like an elegant Stephanie Meyer. I wouldn't mind Stephanie so much if she wrote a little better, I think. Rice has some awfully boring parts in her books though, she likes to imagine every single tiny fucking detail and emotion, haha.

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There was one episode where this dude was offering this guy and this freaky girl pure MDMA, so its alright in my book. I also saw the girl who played rogue in x men protect some black dude having flahbacks. Its an ok show from what I've seen but definitely made for tv based on the acting...

14. Amsler

Amsler Member

That may have been in the new season, I don't remember seeing that and I haven't seen it yet.

Yes, the acting isn't the best. Although Lafayette is amazing in my book xP

15. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I think the acting varies. Russel and Eric are great. Sookie and Bill pretty much suck. The others fall in between.

16. Amsler

Amsler Member

I actually like Sookie o__o She seems very believable. I picture her as Sookie, not Rogue! haha

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

After last sunday's show, I figured out what initially made me like this show so much, besides so many hot naked bodies haha....the fact that it was cheesy and campy as all hell, but it knew this. It was campy on purpose and it possessed self awareness. It was a bit satirical, as someone said above. Starting in the second season and especially in the third season (last week's episode is where i really noticed it) it started taking itself waaay too seriously. It really is venturing into the soap opera realm now, and I hope it doesn't continue on that path or I might have to stop watching it...the last episode annoyed me really bad.

18. Amsler

Amsler Member

Awh, is it really? :/ I guess that IS why I like it so much...it's almost cartoony in the way it sort of makes fun of itself.

I haven't seen the third season yet but I'm really hoping this isn't the case.

19. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

He's a good ass actor but he's just too gay for me to really pay attention for too long. Gay is grand, but just tone it down man...

And what's with that scene? "That's my great grandfather, he's a fucking wizard. Nothing strange about that."

Fucking shit man.

20. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

There are all sorts of ways to tell people you're telling them something without saying anything for prolonged periods. Like in true blood. They need to just get to the fucking point.

Tits and vampire fights. That's all I need.