Trippy convo about God

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 121, Apr 4, 2007.

1. 121

121 Senior Member

So my cousin was talking about Christianity to me last week. I tried to explain that I was an atheist and that we all came from monkeys. She argued that we came from Adam and Eve and if we came from monkeys then all the other monkeys would have turned to humans too.

She thinks that something had to have made everything or it wouldn't even exist. She thinks that God made Adam and Eve and the human population is their offspring. I said that the bible was written when people thought the world was flat. God didn't create man, man created god... Her answer was that god will punish me for thinking this.

WTF do religious people feel the impulse to preach? I don't see atheists going around preaching the word of common sense? Ok, maybe we do.. it's called school :jester:

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

The theory is that humans and primates evolved from the same species, but humans adapted mentally while monkeys adapted physically. Simple as that, that's why there are still monkeys, they didn't "turn into" humans, we evolved over thousands of years into two seperate species.

Anyway, Chrisitians preach because they're afraid. That's all it is basically, just fear of the afterlife. They find the most popular answer, since everyone else seems to agree, then why not? Religion is a security blanket for those who are too scared to just accept that we can't determine or predict the future.

3. 121

121 Senior Member

Your awesome!

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I've been into Darwinism since I dated a guy whose parents named him Darwin. Haha.

5. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I worked in a Baptist school and pretty much got fired when they found out I was Atheist.

6. 121

121 Senior Member

Religious folk have a convenient answer for everything. If you ask them a question based on hard science they usually quote a paragraph from their religious text.

What did god say to Jesus exactly? "Don't worry son. Your not going to actually die for everyones sins cause I'm planning on resurrecting you later.. I just want to trip everyone out" :Angel:

7. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

i dont get why so many xtians think that evolutoin and the bible msut be completely exlusvie of one another. i mean, why wouldnt their go dhave guided evolution and the first folks to be classed as homo sapiens he deemed to be adam and eve? guided evolution makes a shitload more sense than some sky daddy yankin out som edudes rib to make a chick, yknow?

8. 121

121 Senior Member

Now IIRC, the dinosaurs were wiped out because a giant meteror hit Mexico. The debri from this created a tectite storm of molten rock that fried the dinosaurs like human shish kebabs. Only the little critters like monkeys etc survived because they were the only creatures small enough to hide in caves and other shelters.

The tectite pellets are found around the world on the same thin layer of strata which indicates that the event took place 65 million years ago. I believe this was called the 'KT boundary' or something. The pellets contained a high level of iridium which is a rare substance. It is believed that this substance could only have come from an asteriod which would explain the whole theory based on the evidence.

That is real... so were exactly does Jesus turn water into wine and all that foolishness? I mean WTF? Why would a person insult another person's intellect by preaching this stuff? Why would someone retard themselves by entertaining and believing in these fairy tales? I just don't get it :confused:

9. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

i made everything. i am god.

discussion closed, hehe. jk =)

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I let go of the religious debate a long time ago... I teach, I don't preach. There are more important things to change in the world that Christianity... plus, the common person's Christianity is so inherently harmless that there is no true "evil" in it that needs to be changed. People need religion, people are weak... I no longer see why I should try to deprive them from the one thing, true or not, that gives their pointless lives a point.

11. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

I'm a fan of Bokonism personally :)

12. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Exactly. Monkeys are just as evolved as humans, just in a different way.

13. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Oh, a sleeping drunkardUp in Central Park,
    And a lion-hunter
    In the jungle dark,
    And a chinese dentist,
    And a British queen -
    All fit together
    In the same machine.
    Nice, nice, very nice;
    Nice, nice, very nice;
    Nice, nice, very nice -
    So many different people
    In the same device.

14. darkgamer

darkgamer Member

God will smite you for such thoughts...hehe jk

Origin of Species pls

15. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

That is a part of the religion, the Bible tells them to.

Since when have monkey's been dinosaurs?

You have to understand that by saying what you just did, you yourself are insulting other people's intellect.....many a persons "intellect". There is no reality, only perception. You can't expect your reality to be anything more than you're own perception. Why not respect others perception? I know there are a lot of Christians that don't respect yours, but that doesn't mean that you have to be like them.

16. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

oh christianity....evil religion

by the way not too many people nowadays believe in the bible stuff

i mean many say "yes i'm religious", but they ignore most theories the bible suggests

i'm atheist myself and find this quite narrow-minded

Adam and Eva....that's pretty primitive

i remember reading the bible when it said people mocked at Adam and Eva when they were leaving the paradise....but: where did all those people come from if they should be their offspring????
    the bible contradicts to itself

17. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

We are god's "ant farm". He just watches us living our lives while stepping on a few of us. We're just here for his entertainment.....like a soap opera.

He created us because he was bored.

18. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

Eve, not Eva. if youre going to basha areligion at least get it right. and no religion is inherently evil, not unless -all- organized religions are inherently evil. yeah christianity can be pretty fucked up, has been used for really horrific acts in teh past but so hav emost organized religions... to single christianity out on that count is just silly

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

It's Eva in Russian, learn your world cultures :)

20. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

but but i wanna be an ignorant fool!
    i didnt know that, Eva just doesnt sound right though to me