Tripping Through Time

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Voyage, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Bicycle Day Road Trip

Apologies for a tr that's more like bullet points then a narrative, I just don't have time to write up something to do justice to the almost unbelievably beautiful trip of this past weekend.

Both road and LSD.

Left home thursday morning to perfect weather, not a cloud in the sky nor did I see one for 3 days, absolute perfect riding weather in every way. Rode the coastal route, a few choice side roads I know of on the way got tore up as well but the highlight couldn't be anything other than that amazing coastline and road.
    [​IMG]
    A sign of good times ahead.
    [​IMG]
    Overnighted in Santa Cruz with a nice german sausage dinner and a beer in downtown, walked around, smoked a little. The next morning, bicycle day friday, I headed out for La Honda, found Kesey's house and stopped and smoked a morning bowl and snapped a few shots.
    [​IMG]
    A short distance further is Alices Resturant, (not the real one in the song, but a spot to visit anyhow)
    [​IMG]

2. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Then... (damn!) Skyline Drive down into San Fran, lunch with a way old friend from grade school days that is a ceramic artist in Oakland.

Wow.

Stopped by the Haight, just for the hell of it.
    Iz Bicycle Day, yes? yes.
    Picked up a little pocket hitter as a souvenir and walked around.
    [​IMG]
    I was already a bit stoned when GB and I met up and went to this place, a laundromat with beer, food, pinball machines and live music at night!
    [​IMG]
    About all I could add to Guer's description of the event is that to me, this place made the famous Acid Test parties that Kesey and The Dead threw perhaps pale in comparison to what I experienced, from all the old film i've seen.
    By the time we left 'round 5am, well, if psychedelia was bbq sauce I woulda been/was one crispy critter.

It was my also my first ever candyflip, a 150ug microdot and a cap of molly. And it was all so far out there that I never felt any sort of "transition" or notable feature of the mdma, it was just one big swirling vortex of energy and dancing and laughing and twisting acid-drenched vividness and love and lovely people. :love:

If that's not descriptive enough, refer to the youtube vid on the psy bump thread.

I returned home with a deep sense of humility and gratitude for all i've been fortunate to see and do. Life has become pretty deeply trippy for me since Burning Man last year.

A world has opened up to me this year.
    I should have been writing awhile ago and if I don't start soon I'll loose bits of the ridiculous chain of events that's unfolded, entirely irregardless of my proclivity for fuckin stuff up. Here's why in true bullet-point form:

Made my virgin burn Burning Man-2012

Returned to find the base I worked at for 20+ yrs was being slashed by 2/3, and 1/2 the guys laid off.

I get a "retire early" offer, 6 months pay, lifetime flights after im 55... IF... i'm at least 50 and put in 20 years or more service.

I put in for it.

Approved 3 weeks later. Separation date set one day before my 50th birthday.

I smoke a lot of fuckin weed and JWH.

Phone headquarters, as nice as can be. Switched to one day AFTER my 50th birthday (weeks back)

Easy Peasy.

I return from the psychedelic tour of my life to a voice mail from the local historical society asking if I would open my little 2 br cottage to the neighborhood for a centenial neighborhood home tour. Because...

One hundred years ago this month, ground was broke and the cornerstone laid for what became the first town hall/clubhouse/jail in my town. Built entirely of native river rock.

The man that built it, also built the foundation and fireplace for my house, again all with local rock.

One hundred years after the first structure that put this town on the map, fifty years since I got to start hanging out, 70 years after Mr. Hofmanns trip, my community asked me to share my little bit of local history AND I get cruise along the planet for another few days basking in brain-melting art and creativity?

Ya, feelin pretty humble. :sunny:

3. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

Good stuff !! That little cottage with a big history. Awesome.

4. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Oh yea...

After seeing one bit of serendipity after another unfold, one too many co-incidences... I figured out that I don't have to punch some corporate time clock ever again if I don't want to.

So, I'm not.
    Ever again.

:peace: & :love:

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Sounds like it's been a wild year for you, pretty cool that you were able to make the trip for Bicycle Day and make the most of your road trip.

I enjoy that venue! It retains a warehouse rave vibe to it with each stage having a unique ambiance and the people who put that event together did a beautiful job of decorating each room and accentuating the ambiance. I also like how the sound stays pretty well contained to a specific stage and doesn't spill out to the other stages.

:D

6. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

:sunny:

7. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Quality life experiences right hurr :cool:

8. thismoment

thismoment Member

Amazing post Voyage. Uplifting.

9. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

sounds like it all worked out well for you, voyage.

it's cool how you mention the serendipity of it all - guest speakers mention that all the time when they give advice on getting a career in science. i guess most of life (and maybe even life itself) is based on chance.

lifetime flights paid for?! you gotta stop in my city someday :)

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:2thumbsup:

11. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Also here! :)

As others have said this post was uplifting and even motivational for me. Seeeing a person i "know" have so much fall into place, despite some things being stacked against, and also being such a honest loving person with a psychonaught mindset, just WONDERFUL

12. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Thanks Ha, those are very kind sentiments, thanks bro!
    And thank all you guys for the thoughts. :love:

A reason I keep things short sometimes is, well, my cup overflows and I've been given WAY more in life than average and its fuckin humbling at times. And I'm not much of a writer.

Oh ya, absolutely!
    A stark memory for me was, coming up near the peak when we walked past the bar on the top floor, thru that doorway, that opened up to that whole area above, around and the other side of the main stage. One whole room that was full of art on display AND being created as you watch...
    That was a major WOW moment for me. And your description of the sound was spot on. That one room was powered sonically from the main stage, but every other room had this distinct aural "signature" if you will, that melted together as you pass from zone to zone.
    It was like a "instant vibe switcher" , I don't know how else to describe it. Changing rooms was like changing the planet you were on :D

Might be something good to meditate on sometime... did you catch how dead on that is?
    Re-read that one Pork. :sunny:

And dig it.
    Every single aspect of my life mentioned in this thread, all stems from a random encounter with a random dude in 1987 and a conversation, that put me in aviation. If it hadn't been for that one convo, one night, with a person I never saw again, I wouldn't have met my ex wife (well that wouldn't have been so bad haha) but wouldn't have had my daughter, bought this house in this neighborhood (about the only one around here I could afford)...

Random. Lucy finds you is what they say...

If you're lucky.