Trip to Tibet

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Veebie, May 17, 2012.

1. Veebie

Veebie Member

:daisy: Howdy All

In a nutshell, I would love to hear out anyone who possesses any interest in this possibility. Aiming for next summer.

Nothing's been engraved in stone yet, aka it's simply been a dropped suggestion.

But so far eyes been set on Northern India, Dharamsala in particular (where the D-Lama is at) and of course the mighty Himalayas. Maybe Nepal, more extensively, but as I said, don't really know anything. Yet.

Just thought this would be an appropriate place to abandon this in.

Ps. Hardcore vagabond or the "No way Jose" ; all are equally welcome to post!
    :]

2. Gr4ssh0pp3r

Gr4ssh0pp3r Member

I'm really excited to visit Tibet. I've been wanting to see the D-Lama, as well. Not sure I'll be able to accompany you, but I just love Tibet and Nepal.

3. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

India and Nepal is amazing if you get the chance do it! I spent a few months travelling there. Such an experience you'll not want to go home.

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Choose the neighbor before the house and the companion before the road

- Arabic Proverb

5. vietnam travel

vietnam travel Member

what are the attraction of Tibet. Can you show?

6. kasi

kasi Member

Tibet is open for the tourist in 1980 and unfortunately much of Tibet,s culture and heritage is lost that's why many tourist not comer there but in these days i think its best place in China for the visit..

7. Sitka

Sitka viajera

I went there a year ago. Be aware that unless you are a Chinese citizen, you will need to get a visa for Tibet (beyond the visa for China). To do this, you must be registered with a tour company in a group. That group must all be from the same nationality, and must be at least 5 (but less than 10).

Still, it is absolutely worth going to.