tricocerous cuzcoensis

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by mowgli, Nov 16, 2005.

1. mowgli

mowgli Member

im curious about tricocerous cuzcoensis. does it contain alot of mescaline? would 25g dry be enough to produce a strong trip? ive looked on the net but havn't really found anything useful.

cheers

2. mmelody

mmelody Member

batch's vary but ya 25-35g should be sufficient

3. angerton

angerton Member

If it is really cuzcoensis, 25g will do nothing but placebo. It is a bunk cactus, and many vendors sell it as peruvianus or KK242. It is a pretty cactus, but nearly worthless for its chemicals unless you're extracting a massive amount.

Having said that, it is always possible that it is a mislabeled pachanoi or something.

Who the hell is selling dry cuzcoensis anyway? It makes no sense... unless they're selling the normal dry product with another name to make it sound exotic.

4. mowgli

mowgli Member

the gal who replied above you. spiritgarden.co.uk

5. angerton

angerton Member

Interesting. I wonder if it is truely cuzcoensis then. I assume, of course, that the source of the material is peru. Theres no telling exactly what species you're getting ever. Then again, perhaps it is some variety of cuzcoensis that has decent potency. Quite good at the amounts you've suggested even.

Heres an extraction of cuzcoensis by me! at the nook. If you'd like to question me!'s skill as a factor, please refer to his other great extractions in his post history. If for some reason you may think the error is with his technique, then simply consider the situation relative to his other successful pachanoi extractions.

"Final yeild from 110 grams KK242: 360 mg.

This represents .33% of the dried cactus... This is lower than any pachanoi I've yet worked with. (.43% is lowest yeild ever found in the regular San Pedro...)"

http://www.thenook.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=27902&hl=kk242

And if you'd like to read up on some interesting ideas regarding the classification, misidentification, and mysteries behind a species that quite possibly may not exist (peruvianus) check out a few pages of http://www.thenook.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=34495&st=0 . Tons of interesting ideas and data regarding peruvianus, macrogonus, cuzcoensis, etc.

6. mmelody

mmelody Member

Hi all,

Yes I've removed Cuzcoensis from the store at the moment, I have indeed read up on cuzcoensis and from the 'current' literature it seems non active however the material we had was active for sure, and we have recieved not one complaint about it. It is my suspicion that the material we had was actually peruvianus. Alas until I can get proper taxonomy oon it all then I will not be restocking it...yes it works but until proper I.D can be attained I'd rather stay away, my information originally from my supplier was that Cuzcoensis is just a peruvianus from the Cuzco area however the contradicts other information I know off. I have seen Cuzcoensis from other vendors also and would be interested in hearing from any such vendors so we can asertain the origin of this.

mmelody

7. angerton

angerton Member

Sounds like a case of IDing to me. It could've been named simply for being found around Cuzco, but is in all likelyhood a variety of Trich (supposedly peruvianus, who knows) being sold by other vendors as well.

I wouldn't stop selling it, if its good, its good. You're never going to get a proper ID unless you order a live specimen (which would be a nice thing to have anyway, if its as strong as you say). I'd simply call it "Peruvian Trichocereus" for the time being.

8. mmelody

mmelody Member

Well currently out of stock anyway lol...but looking for a nw batch as we speak !