Trichocereus Macrogonus

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by kidsmoke, Feb 13, 2007.

1. kidsmoke

kidsmoke Member

The Trichocereus Macrogonus seems to be the hot new shit. I've read claims of it's potency being higher than that of even peyote, but I can't seem to find any conclusive evidence of that. Has anyone experimented with this species? I'm a bit skeptical.

2. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

I agree. Websites selling it claim 5% mescaline, but scientific surveys of trichocereus species range from .12%-2.5% mescaline by weight, so, in the absence of formal hybridization, its unlikely macrogonus has a uniform and consistent 5%. Trichocereus supposedly delivers a 300mg dose per 15-100g of dried material potential (theoretical yield), so why bother with macrogonus if it has more mescaline? You dont need more, you just need whats available and convenient and affordable. In any case, anecdotal evidence could only recommend the species as psychoactive, not provide verification of any percentages involved. Psychoactive is psychoactive is psychoactive.

Sadly, mescaline extraction is, of course, illegal, so of course its all moot...

3. jbmac

jbmac Member

Is this the Pe*is plant - the monstsrose - it grows as slow as peyote!

4. Ancient One

Ancient One Member

Heres the complete list of psychoactive trichocereus:

T. bridgesii, T. cuzcoensis, T. fulvinanus, T. macrogonus, T. pachanoi, T. peruvianus, T. taquimbalensis, T. tersheckii, T. validus, T. werdermannius.