Tribute to Jack, the insane border collie

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Lynnbrown, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I had my beloved border collie put to sleep today. Jack had been part of the family for 9 1/2 years. He was probably 11 to 11 1/2 years old.

Jack appeared on the hidden patio and that was pretty much it. I advertised in the newspaper's lost and found and posted that he was found on the door in the local restaurant where I worked for almost 3 weeks, hoping nobody claimed him...and (thankfully) they didn't.

He ran free chasing cars like an Olympic dog champion for about 6 months before I confined him to the fenced in back yard AND the house. He didn't do so well in the yard since he could both jump the fence and tunnel under it...plus he was scared of any type of weather and worried to death about coming inside most of the time.

He became a totally inside dog, going outside only to do his business and smell cat's ass. He quite enjoyed smelling the cat ass inside also. :) To say that Jack was a member of the family doesn't do his position justice. He was our guard system and even in death holds a huge part of my heart...that is now missing.

Last week (Wednesday) he suddenly couldn't go up and down the steps. He would hesitate for a long time and then stagger up and down them. By Friday I knew he wasn't getting any better. Of course I realized one day this would come, especially since he had these huge knots on his hips.

It was also absolutely impossible to get him in a car...a fact I discovered 6 months into his membership here. NO DAMN WAY he would "say".

So today I made arrangements and the vet came out. This is one of the kindest vets I've ever known. In that we were lucky. So, around 7pm Jack crossed the great divide. There will never be another dog like my insane border collie, Big Jack.

I look forward to seeing you again, my beloved friend.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sad when they have to leave like that...

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

:love:..

4. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I'm so sorry about your Jack. It's heartbreaking to lose a beloved furry friend. Love and light to you. <3

5. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

6. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Lynn
    I am so sorry. Know that you gave Jack a good life, and a good death. It is so hard to lose our loved fur friends.

:bigcry:

:grouphug:

:love:

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Believe Me I Know What You Must Be Going Through,

It's Hard To Know What To Say, But Time Heals All Wounds, You Will

Never Forget Him, But Trust Me, Your Life Will Move Foward...:).

Lot's Of Love From A Fellow Animal Lover...:love:.

Cheers Glen.

8. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a beloved pet is never an easy thing. I've been there (big time), and it always hurts. :( My only consolation is remembering the good times. I hope you have many of those.

QP

9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Thank y'all so much.